Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery confirmed as Arsenal manager

Postby ESR10 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:50 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Another season of Cech as No 1 would be unbearable

+1
I dont think he will be our number one though. Leno and even Martinez are better (even if they are really not great).
I think Cech will help Leno get used to the PL and play some games where his experience could be needed. Against City could be one of these games (I don't want him to start though)
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby UFGN » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:07 pm

If Cech is playing I can only presume it's a fitness issue
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Santi » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:17 pm

Cech looked good in pre-season though, beefed up and even started saving penalties for fun (wtf :eek: ) so willing to give him the benefit of the doubt
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:20 pm

still slow with the ball at his feet and limits our attackin potential massively

theres no quick start with him in goal
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ESR10 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:46 am

“I think the training has fully changed,” Bellerin told Arsenal’s matchday programme.

“Arsene had different views of football that the new head coach has, so obviously it's changed.

“From the gym sessions that we had before training, to the sessions on the pitch and the running, everything has changed.

“Also the analysis and use of videos is different. Every single coach in the Premier League these days has a different way of viewing football and different ideas.

"We've seen he wants us to be a team that, first of all, don't concede goals. I think that's something that has always been important for his team, whether he was at PSG or Sevilla.

“You can see that his teams are very compact and compete for every single ball and that's what's made him so successful.

“He has had a lot of success with teams that probably weren't the best technically or didn't have the best players, but they fought till the end and he's showing that to every single player and that's the way he wants us to be involved.”

I really like Emery so far. I hope we can see the results of the different training on the pitch.
ESR10

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:07 am

Didn't watch any pre season games. How did he do?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:31 am

Ach wrote:Didn't watch any pre season games. How did he do?
Only game we lost was against Atletico but in a shootout. We dominated a PSG who were missing a few players, played well against Chelsea and cruised past Lazio.

Important observations was our team pressing being organized, our attackers still playing with fluidity (ie, Emery hasn't changed that part of the team's philosophy) and our defence still making positional errors (ie he hasn't magically fixed things he wasn't expected to fix immediately).

Good pre season, couldn't have reasonably asked for better
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:41 am

I saw the results. Havent seen any of the goals or performances.

Any youngsters look good? 2 years ago we had people go nuts about Akpom. Last year it was Nelson. Who is this years version?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:43 am

Ach wrote:I saw the results. Havent seen any of the goals or performances.

Any youngsters look good? 2 years ago we had people go nuts about Akpom. Last year it was Nelson. Who is this years version?

Guendouzi was our best player, but he's a part of our first team (19 yo) and will hopefully start vs city. Smith-Rowe was also very good, but he's playing for the U23s, we could see him in cup games. Apart from that Nelson and Nketiah also looked very decent, but some way to go yet.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Zenith » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:47 am

Can't remember anyone going nuts about Akpom tbh.

Certainly not 2 years ago when it was obvious he was never going to make it at Arsenal.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:53 am

Yago wrote:

Guendouzi was our best player, but he's a part of our first team (19 yo) and will hopefully start vs city. Smith-Rowe was also very good, but he's playing for the U23s, we could see him in cup games. Apart from that Nelson and Nketiah also looked very decent, but some way to go yet.

Never heard of this Guendozi chap and don't even know where he plays but with Wenger gone, I can look forward to seeing youngsters playing for us again.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:55 am

Ach wrote:
Yago wrote:

Never heard of this Guendozi chap and don't even know where he plays but with Wenger gone, I can look forward to seeing youngsters playing for us again.

New kid we got from France this summer, 19 yo DM.
Yago

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:04 pm

Only one thing to say then

Bye Xhaka
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:06 pm

Ach wrote:Only one thing to say then

Bye Xhaka
Weirdly enough this could actually be the case if Douzi turns out to be the real deal and Xhaka doesn't push on
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:01 pm

Ramsey and Xhaka's involvement is already bothering me.

I just hope Emery isn't dumb enough to play Ramsey as a CAM/SS over Ozil. Wenger tried that and it failed miserably.

Just as Wenger lost the plot by remaining loyal to mediocre talents, Emery might succumb to the same if he isn't careful. It's far too early to judge him. And I'm not. He has a free season pass from me. But if he continues with this Ramsey/Xhaka madness... Part of me nearly threw up when I saw the line-up, with Ramsey as CAM/SS. And the other part did throw up after seeing Ramsey play as a false nine.

Intolerable.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football