Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby tweetstreet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:19 am

I know loads on here say that fan power in terms of protesting match day and not buying tickets won’t work because revenues are small fry in comparison to tv and advertising but surely after a fair few games of empty statdium this affects how happy advertisers will be as sky etc will be less inclined to televise us and the negative stigma doesn’t work well for them either?
tweetstreet
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby theHotHead » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 am

StLGooner wrote:
weaponx57 wrote:While I loathe Stan Kroenke I absolutely hate Dangote.

I've spent 15 years of my life in Nigeria so I know his story and how he made his money....makes Kroenke looks like a f***ing saint....lets just say many many lives were destroyed and rampant corruption gives him a monopoly in the industries he's involved in and if you want to compete....lets just say you'd either end up dead or pushed out by police/corrupt politicians.

Well that doesn't sound good. Thanks for the insight.

What is it about Arsenal that attracts rich thugs?

Because Arsenal is a bad man club that used to have a bad man manager that managed a bad man team that played bad man football in a bad man part of London!!

Selassie I know!!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:49 am

tweetstreet wrote:I know loads on here say that fan power in terms of protesting match day and not buying tickets won’t work because revenues are small fry in comparison to tv and advertising but surely after a fair few games of empty statdium this affects how happy advertisers will be as sky etc will be less inclined to televise us and the negative stigma doesn’t work well for them either?

It would make a huge difference. It's not about the money it's about the message, you're spot on.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:10 am

Santi wrote:
tweetstreet wrote:I know loads on here say that fan power in terms of protesting match day and not buying tickets won’t work because revenues are small fry in comparison to tv and advertising but surely after a fair few games of empty statdium this affects how happy advertisers will be as sky etc will be less inclined to televise us and the negative stigma doesn’t work well for them either?

It would make a huge difference. It's not about the money it's about the message, you're spot on.

Those saying to keep quiet are way off. Ffs fan action just dislodged Wenger and now people are saying fan pressure doesn't do anything?

Ok m8
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 am

Revenue from Emirates is still a large part of our earnings
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 pm

theHotHead wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
weaponx57 wrote:While I loathe Stan Kroenke I absolutely hate Dangote.

I've spent 15 years of my life in Nigeria so I know his story and how he made his money....makes Kroenke looks like a f***ing saint....lets just say many many lives were destroyed and rampant corruption gives him a monopoly in the industries he's involved in and if you want to compete....lets just say you'd either end up dead or pushed out by police/corrupt politicians.

Well that doesn't sound good. Thanks for the insight.

What is it about Arsenal that attracts rich thugs?

Because Arsenal is a bad man club that used to have a bad man manager that managed a bad man team that played bad man football in a bad man part of London!!

Selassie I know!!

Yes we're really "gangster"! All that class we have mean that the nouveau riche want to buy some class that they don't have. As for bad part of London, the areas nice around it and Holloway road has every shop on it that you could want however it is in Crazy Comrade Corbyn's constituency so swings and roundabouts and all that.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:29 am

Sorry but we just need to turn it in for the time being and just wait to see what he actually does now the club is his baby.

We can't keep protesting and be up in arms every five minutes its becoming a joke, Kroenke owns Arsenal now, he's not going anywhere and he especially isn't going anywhere in the next few seasons if ever.

If people want to protest then protest at the right time as in when we fall lower down the table or don't buy players, people are acting like its a popularity contest.

As I said before, every other club has this, Utd has the Glaizers, City has the oil Sheik, Chelsea has Abramovich etc etc

Are we really planning to go a whole season finally under a new manager kicking off about Kroenke every weekend?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Sorry but we just need to turn it in for the time being and just wait to see what he actually does now the club is his baby.

We can't keep protesting and be up in arms every five minutes its becoming a joke, Kroenke owns Arsenal now, he's not going anywhere and he especially isn't going anywhere in the next few seasons if ever.

If people want to protest then protest at the right time as in when we fall lower down the table or don't buy players, people are acting like its a popularity contest.

As I said before, every other club has this, Utd has the Glaizers, City has the oil Sheik, Chelsea has Abramovich etc etc

Are we really planning to go a whole season finally under a new manager kicking off about Kroenke every weekend?

Tend to agree

I can't do the angry fan thing right now. I've fuckin earned the right to sit back and enjoy Arsenal this season and hopefully for a good few years before I can be arsed to do the whole Kroenke Out thing

Mission accomplished for now, Wenger is gone, we have a fresh start. No point trying to get rid of an owner that can't be got rid of. Not now anyway.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby theHotHead » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:25 am

DG you are half right. Nobody knows what Kroenke will do so lets see the path he goes down before we judge.

You are wrong about the rich owners. The Glazers bought Man U with a leveraged buy out, saddling the club with massive debt immediately (the club was the leverage).

City and Chelsea were not saddled with any debt when they were bought, so not the same thing at all.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby StLGooner » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Revenue from Emirates is still a large part of our earnings

It better be. Wasn't that what we were told for the reasoning behind a new stadium?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:05 pm

StLGooner wrote:

It better be. Wasn't that what we were told for the reasoning behind a new stadium?

Yes. They got it wrong and failed to correctly predict the huge increase in other revenue

However access to tickets was a huge problem at Highbury and the move to the Grove has at least helped us on that score. Really it needs to be bigger
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby StLGooner » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:08 pm

UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Yes. They got it wrong and failed to correctly predict the huge increase in other revenue

However access to tickets was a huge problem at Highbury and the move to the Grove has at least helped us on that score. Really it needs to be bigger

Doesn't it have the ability to expand? I thought they designed it with possible expansion in mind, but also thought I heard something about the city laws that could keep it from happening?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:15 pm

StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Doesn't it have the ability to expand? I thought they designed it with possible expansion in mind, but also thought I heard something about the city laws that could keep it from happening?

Apparently it can. But I'm actually on a train right now that went past the stadium just now, and when you see the place from that angle you can see just how tight a squeeze it is. So it would have to be another tier on top, or a lopsided shape with some parts higher than others

The planning issues mainly revolve around flow of people and public transport. Holloway Road tube station is too small to use on match days and that would probably have to be addressed if we expanded, which would mean rebuilding the whole station.

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:34 pm

In our first season at the Emirates, we earned more from the hospitality section alone than we did from the whole of Highbury the previous season.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:48 pm

It doesn't seem like much because we are still one of the only top clubs that are self sufficient and don't take any owner investment at all.

We needed the stadium even more than any of the others bar spurs.

Man u - commercial power
Liverpool - mega rich owners that throw money at the club
Chelsea - abramovitch
City- literally backed by a country
Everton - now backed by mega investors

Arsenal - paid for by the blood of the fans. Even more so once Stan sets his sights on another sports club to leverage us against.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk