01/08/18 | Arsenal * 1-1 Chelsea | Pre-season Friendly

Re: 01/08/18 | Arsenal * 1-1 Chelsea | Pre-season Friendly

Postby arsenalpan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Emile Smith Rowe failed twice marking Rudiger when Chelsea taking corners. Rudiger scored 1 and missed the other, but very close.
He also missed a chance to assist Ozil at 58". We could have won the game within 90 minutes.

He is young though. Great experience for him to play with the first team.

Hope Nelson can get more time. He is among the 3 players who could keep cool in the key area when at his age. The other 2 are Cesc and Walcott.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:30 pm

arsenalpan wrote:Emile Smith Rowe failed twice marking Rudiger when Chelsea taking corners. Rudiger scored 1 and missed the other, but very close.
He also missed a chance to assist Ozil at 58". We could have won the game within 90 minutes.

He is young though. Great experience for him to play with the first team.

Hope Nelson can get more time. He is among the 3 players who could keep cool in the key area when at his age. The other 2 are Cesc and Walcott.

iwobi was back at it doing his scuffmaster act... smh :doh:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby indy23 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:49 pm

StLGooner wrote:Positives and negatives, overall I loved the fight and them not giving up. Our team pressing looks like it's going to take some time to get right. If we don't get the ball back right away it leaves us exposed, and puts more pressure on our back 4, which isn't good cause they are pretty mediocre.

Very impressed by all of the kids really this preseason. Making strong cases for first team football, competition is always good.

I think playing Mkhi and ozil together with just auba or Laca will be where our problems arise. Unless our midfield xhaka and Lucas can play that well. Weird our first choice cms Ramsey xhaka torreria may not start vs city.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:55 pm

indy23 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Positives and negatives, overall I loved the fight and them not giving up. Our team pressing looks like it's going to take some time to get right. If we don't get the ball back right away it leaves us exposed, and puts more pressure on our back 4, which isn't good cause they are pretty mediocre.

Very impressed by all of the kids really this preseason. Making strong cases for first team football, competition is always good.

I think playing Mkhi and ozil together with just auba or Laca will be where our problems arise. Unless our midfield xhaka and Lucas can play that well. Weird our first choice cms Ramsey xhaka torreria may not start vs city.

Chill bro, dembele will sign on deadline day
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:32 pm

indy23 wrote:

Do you mean problems defensively?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19