Jordan Pickford

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Jordan Pickford

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:43 am

That save last night was casilas final level, shame it will never be remembered the same way,
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:That save last night was casilas final level, shame it will never be remembered the same way,

i humbly submit that while a nice save, it was not casillas level
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:38 pm

alexafc12 wrote:... Don’t let that bbc commentator fool you because he wet his pants every time Pickford touched the ball

:lol: :clap:
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Lucky7 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:10 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:That save last night was casilas final level, shame it will never be remembered the same way,

i humbly submit that while a nice save, it was not casillas level

Not in the top 5 for the tournament. But it was a good save and Pickford had an excellent tournament.

....having said that he was poor on the first goal...He is doing a positioning hop to load his legs while the ball is being hit by Perisic. He is literally in mid air standing straight up when the shot is coming at him. If he keeps his feet he saves it fairly easily.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/ryaall
Here it is, see for yourself.
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:11 pm

Lucky7 wrote:
Not in the top 5 for the tournament. But it was a good save and Pickford had an excellent tournament.

....having said that he was poor on the first goal...He is doing a positioning hop to load his legs while the ball is being hit by Perisic. He is literally in mid air standing straight up when the shot is coming at him. If he keeps his feet he saves it fairly easily.

the bold. absolutely.agree.

the latter!!! i have been quietly really studying the GKing this past year. the hopping is poor technique. you have to wait to come back down, absorb the energy in the leanding AND THEN push off... and ya see it all the time. :naughty:
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Manoban » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:24 pm

He looks too English, no thanks

Less importantly, he's short and average
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Lucky7 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Lucky7 wrote:

the bold. absolutely.agree.

the latter!!! i have been quietly really studying the GKing this past year. the hopping is poor technique. you have to wait to come back down, absorb the energy in the leanding AND THEN push off... and ya see it all the time. :naughty:

Hopping like this can pay off, but it's essentially gambling that you hit the timing and it has high risks. I've posted about Leno as he does a similar technique, but much more optimized towards quick footwork. I actually like his technique and think it can work, but it's by far the defining characteristic of his style. I would link a video, but you can look up literally any video he does it 100% of the time.
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Ach » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Manoban wrote:He looks too English, no thanks

Less importantly, he's short and average

Probably should watch the world cup
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:33 pm

always a massive risk in the prem to have a keeper whos close to 6ft

6'4"/6'5" is ideal, 6'3" is passable for a good keeper and anything lower you're running a risk, some saves by smaller blokes look better but would be more routine for bigger ones

i dont think courtois is a great keeper but the pure size of the c*** makes him alot more safe than he is
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby KG3 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Wait so you're telling me he's the same height as Ospina? he looks bigger than that
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:21 pm

hes 6'1" ospina is 6'0"
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Lucky7 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:24 pm

Sims wrote:always a massive risk in the prem to have a keeper whos close to 6ft

6'4"/6'5" is ideal, 6'3" is passable for a good keeper and anything lower you're running a risk, some saves by smaller blokes look better but would be more routine for bigger ones

i dont think courtois is a great keeper but the pure size of the c*** makes him alot more safe than he is

The way wingspans work makes height a huge deal for goalkeepers. They've found that there's a pretty significant variation in wingspan difference between average people and those filtered for large wingspan (NBA). A 6'5 goalkeeper can easily have a 9" larger wingspan than a 6' keeper. Making up for that with agility is pretty difficult to do.
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:18 pm

Lucky7 wrote:
Hopping like this can pay off, but it's essentially gambling that you hit the timing and it has high risks. I've posted about Leno as he does a similar technique, but much more optimized towards quick footwork. I actually like his technique and think it can work, but it's by far the defining characteristic of his style. I would link a video, but you can look up literally any video he does it 100% of the time.

excellent post, the reason i am a resident here in GW.

i feel the quick footwork is where it's at. i prefer a half step and THEN a 2nd push off to landing after hopping... you get more lateral distance covered, from what i have observed...

keylor. my pick as the best GK nowadays. ( also doesnt open his legs when closing down)
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill