In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:15 am

Loving this news story about those boys in the Thai cave. Found after being missing for about ten days!

Here's hoping they can all be brought back to the surface unharmed.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:35 am

Phil71 wrote:Loving this news story about those boys in the Thai cave. Found after being missing for about ten days!

Yeah it's great. I reckon they'll get them out. Remember the Chilean miners
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:56 am

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Loving this news story about those boys in the Thai cave. Found after being missing for about ten days!

Yeah it's great. I reckon they'll get them out. Remember the Chilean miners

Of course there was the issue of food & drink - and although I doubt they had any food, they must have had water to drink. But one thing I'm sure many haven't considered is light. They must have endured that ten days or so in pitch blackness. Not even being able to see your hand in front of your face. That combined with the lack of food, and the thought of never being rescued must have been unimaginably stressful for them.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:04 am

Reported today that a diver taking supplies to them has died.

Highlights I think how hard it's going to be to get them out.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:44 am

Phil71 wrote:Reported today that a diver taking supplies to them has died.

I respect the hell out of rescue workers, risking their lives to try and save others'—especially the rescuers who commit to cave diving and high altitude.

I hope for the best for everyone else involved, but it's not looking good. The odds seem completely stacked against those trapped.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:43 am

LMAO wrote:

I respect the hell out of rescue workers, risking their lives to try and save others'—especially the rescuers who commit to cave diving and high altitude.

I hope for the best for everyone else involved, but it's not looking good. The odds seem completely stacked against those trapped.

From what I can gather, the way they went in has been blocked by some sort of rock fall, and the way in & out now requires a dive to an additional depth of around 200 metres, and an overall dive length (through the cave tunnels) of over 2000 metres.

Apparently the guy had delivered oxygen bottles to the boys, and ran out of oxygen himself on the return journey.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:39 pm

16 year old c*** boy charged with rape and murder of a 6 year old girl.

He can't be named for legal reasons. Why? Do that, he should be named. Any rights he had should be gone. I have a 5 year old niece and I'd want to know the name of the guy
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:47 pm

Ach wrote:16 year old c*** boy charged with rape and murder of a 6 year old girl.

He can't be named for legal reasons. Why? Do that, he should be named. Any rights he had should be gone. I have a 5 year old niece and I'd want to know the name of the guy
Charged != convicted, innocent until proven guilty etc.

When it comes to naming minors in the media I'd rather be too strict than too lenient.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:50 pm

Phil71 wrote:
LMAO wrote:

From what I can gather, the way they went in has been blocked by some sort of rock fall, and the way in & out now requires a dive to an additional depth of around 200 metres, and an overall dive length (through the cave tunnels) of over 2000 metres.

Apparently the guy had delivered oxygen bottles to the boys, and ran out of oxygen himself on the return journey.

Turns out he was a very experienced professional diver as well.

To think they were initially entertaining the idea of giving those boys diving instructions when most of them can't even swim.

Hope they can be rescued before they run out of oxygen and/or Monsoon rain starts to fall.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Ach wrote:16 year old c*** boy charged with rape and murder of a 6 year old girl.

Charged != convicted, innocent until proven guilty etc.

When it comes to naming minors in the media I'd rather be too strict than too lenient.

Agreed, same with anyone charged with a crime. All the people in Yewtree who got named or charged for noncing yet found innocent or had charges dropped have had their careers and lives irreparably changed because they were named.

We always have to remember that innocent until proven guilty is an absolute truth in English and Scottish law and never submit ourselves to accepting trial by media.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:28 pm

How did she die?

There are some fkin wrongun's in this world, I'd argue for those extreme sort of crimes what "civilized" country doesn't execute the b*stard's?

How can you maintain decency if your not willing to stamp out the most perverse? because letting it off lightly just encourages others.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:41 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

How did she die?

There are some fkin wrongun's in this world, I'd argue for those extreme sort of crimes what "civilized" country doesn't execute the b*stard's?

How can you maintain decency if your not willing to stamp out the most perverse? because letting it off lightly just encourages others.

Speaking of wronguns, this just happened here in WA -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 33681.html
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Phil71 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:47 pm

The boys are being successfully rescued from their cave nightmare.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:17 pm

Boris quits.

Leadership challenge on the way.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:57 pm

For those of you who don't know, there is an opioid epidemic in the US. A drug called fentanyl is the cheif culprit, it's significantly more potent than heroin.

Anyway, a death row inmate is about to become the first prisoner executed with fentanyl, here are his thoughts on the matter-

“I think it’s awesome. I mean, it’s killing people all over the place,” the convicted murderer said of the drug, in an exclusive interview with VICE News from Ely State Prison in Nevada. “You guys get pharmaceutical grade fentanyl and just bang me up man. Use a shit ton.”

:rofll:
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee