Official: Hillsborough victims were Unlawfully killed

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Official: Hillsborough victims were Unlawfully killed

Postby UFGN » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:19 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36138337

Ninety-six football fans who died as a result of a crush in the 1989 Hillsborough disaster were unlawfully killed, the inquests have concluded.
The jury found match commander Ch Supt David Duckenfield was "responsible for manslaughter by gross negligence" due to a breach of his duty of care.
Police errors also added to a dangerous situation at the FA Cup semi-final.
The prime minister said the inquests had provided "official confirmation" fans were "utterly blameless".
After a 27-year campaign by victims' families, the behaviour of Liverpool fans was exonerated.
The jury found they did not contribute to the danger unfolding at the turnstiles at the Leppings Lane end of Sheffield Wednesday's ground on 15 April 1989.

They WEREN'T ticketless

They WEREN'T louts

They DIDN'T cause their own deaths

JUSTICE (AT LAST) FOR THE 96

YNWA
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Re: Official: Hillsborough victims were Unlawfully killed

Postby Callum » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:27 pm

I know we all like to poke fun at Liverpool fans for this and that but I've nothing but respect for all of those who campaigned hard for 27 years. Depressing that it's taken so long for this verdict to be found but at least it finally has come.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Great news, they've been suffering with the negative reputations since. About time things were put right!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:20 pm

We all know that the main Lady responsible for all the coverup is dead now.

Their names are cleared, but justice delayed is injustice itself. Should never have taken 27 years
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:26 pm

Match commander David Duckenfield to face criminal prosecution for manslaughter

Hillsborough match commander David Duckenfield will go on trial - BBC News

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-44656778
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:05 pm

So it will be gross negligence manslaughter because there is nothing illegal about ordering a gate be opened.

I hope for the sake of justice that they hold the trial away from the north have a feeling that the jury are going to have made their decision before he even steps into the dock.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:37 pm

But they won't and he'll get f***ked.

Should be the ones who tried to cover it up that get sent away
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:32 pm

Santi wrote:But they won't and he'll get f***ked.

Should be the ones who tried to cover it up that get sent away

He covered it up.

The issue is not the facts of what happened but whether that amounts to manslaughter by gross negligence

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:So it will be gross negligence manslaughter because there is nothing illegal about ordering a gate be opened.

I hope for the sake of justice that they hold the trial away from the north have a feeling that the jury are going to have made their decision before he even steps into the dock.

You live in the South and it looks like you've made your mind up

Ignorant bullshit is your bread and butter

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:17 pm

UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:So it will be gross negligence manslaughter because there is nothing illegal about ordering a gate be opened.

Au contraire. I believe in the principle of innocent until proven guilty guaranteed to us by the Magna Carta and the right to a fair trial.

Whether he's guilty or innocent is not a matter for us, only for the jury. Holding the trial in the north is likely to be that he would not get a jury that didn't have underlying opinions on him before he even stepped into court.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Au contraire. I believe in the principle of innocent until proven guilty guaranteed to us by the Magna Carta and the right to a fair trial.

Whether he's guilty or innocent is not a matter for us, only for the jury. Holding the trial in the north is likely to be that he would not get a jury that didn't have underlying opinions on him before he even stepped into court.

So people in Sheffield can't be trusted to be fair but people in London can?

The only prejudice here is coming from you, but that's nothing new

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:36 pm

UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I said nothing about holding it in London. I was thinking somewhere like Devon or somewhere in the south west. Somewhere away from people who may have an axe to grind.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:39 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I said nothing about holding it in London. I was thinking somewhere like Devon or somewhere in the south west. Somewhere away from people who may have an axe to grind.

It will almost certainly be either Sheffield or London (Old Bailey). There's no reason I can think of for it to be anywhere else.

UFGN

Return to The Harambee