Steven N’Zonzi

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Steven N’Zonzi

Postby GBLShorty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:02 pm

CaptGooner wrote:Not buying unless they are more departures which we are not aware of.

I think Mustafi and Jack will deffo go.

Cech may go to Napoli according to rumours, i think Welbeck might be sold to also, Nelson could step up.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby lol » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:33 pm

GBLShorty wrote:Just imagine how physical we would be with Torreira playing shuttler and N'Zonzi Ball winner, Xhaka can rotate in all 3 midfield positions.

Bellerin would be shit hot with all that defensive cover.

We will soon see anyway, if he decides to buy a winger we are back to 4-3-2-1 and if he buys another DM we are playing with 3 midfielders like Sevilla did.

Goetze could be bought to rotate with Ramsey/Mhky/Ozil also, a much more versatile signing than Gelson.

Spending millions on an injury-prone and lack-of-form Gotze, while letting an injury-prone and lack-of-form Wilshere go for free, doesn't make good sense
lol
Michael Thomas

Postby GBLShorty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:06 pm

lol wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:Just imagine how physical we would be with Torreira playing shuttler and N'Zonzi Ball winner, Xhaka can rotate in all 3 midfield positions.

We will soon see anyway, if he decides to buy a winger we are back to 4-3-2-1 and if he buys another DM we are playing with 3 midfielders like Sevilla did.

Goetze could be bought to rotate with Ramsey/Mhky/Ozil also, a much more versatile signing than Gelson.

Spending millions on an injury-prone and lack-of-form Gotze, while letting an injury-prone and lack-of-form Wilshere go for free, doesn't make good sense

Wilshere wants to leave to be a guaranteed starter, Gotze is more versatile, can cover Ozil very well and is only £16m, imo he is a good replacement because Jack is as good as gone.

Makes perfect sense if you think outside the box.

Plus i think Gotze is a Bergkamp/Kanu/Overmars/Henry style signing, hes gone stale at his club, he could become outstanding again.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby lol » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:33 am

GBLShorty wrote:
lol wrote:

Wilshere wants to leave to be a guaranteed starter, Gotze is more versatile, can cover Ozil very well and is only £16m, imo he is a good replacement because Jack is as good as gone.

Plus i think Gotze is a Bergkamp/Kanu/Overmars/Henry style signing, hes gone stale at his club, he could become outstanding again.

Gotze is a huge gamble even for 16m. Part of the reason I'm glad that Wenger left is that we can get more down-to-earth and stop gambling. We haven't seen any gambles paid off like Bergkamp/Kanu/Overmars/Henry for over a decade. Moreover, those guys couldn't settle after moving to their former clubs and Overmars was finding his way back from a knee ligament injury. Gotze not only flopped at Bayern, he's still far from his old self after returning to familiar surroundings at Dortmund 2 seasons ago. Not to mention his reported myopathy that will be difficult to ignore at a transfer medical
lol
Michael Thomas

Postby GBLShorty » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:10 pm

lol wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:
lol wrote:

Gotze is a huge gamble even for 16m. Part of the reason I'm glad that Wenger left is that we can get more down-to-earth and stop gambling. We haven't seen any gambles paid off like Bergkamp/Kanu/Overmars/Henry for over a decade. Moreover, those guys couldn't settle after moving to their former clubs and Overmars was finding his way back from a knee ligament injury. Gotze not only flopped at Bayern, he's still far from his old self after returning to familiar surroundings at Dortmund 2 seasons ago. Not to mention his reported myopathy that will be difficult to ignore at a transfer medical

He didnt flop for Bayern he scored 10 goals 2 seasons in a row for them, he just had injury problems.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby lol » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:25 pm

GBLShorty wrote:
lol wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:
lol wrote:

He didnt flop for Bayern he scored 10 goals 2 seasons in a row for them, he just had injury problems.

Maybe not to you, but to his fellow Bundesliga professionals, he was the 2nd biggest flop.
http://www.espn.com/soccer/german-bunde ... liga-flops

When even Bayern's Beckenbauer criticized him publicly when he was still a Bayern player, It's clear he was below par
lol
Michael Thomas

Postby GBLShorty » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:26 pm

So you only want him if hes a Bayern world beater worth £200m?
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby lol » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:43 pm

GBLShorty wrote:So you only want him if hes a Bayern world beater worth £200m?

I only want him if he's free and willing to accept a pay-as-you-play deal. I'm not spending millions on such a risky gamble
lol
Michael Thomas

Postby GBLShorty » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:48 pm

lol wrote:

I only want him if he's free and willing to accept a pay-as-you-play deal. I'm not spending millions on such a risky gamble

How is he that much of a gamble, he played as more games than Ramsey & Jack last season.

And you're not spending anything, the club is :rofll: :lol:
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Santi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:17 pm

Gotze is unnecessary and not as good as he was. Too injured and too chubby.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby lol » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:40 pm

GBLShorty wrote:
lol wrote:

How is he that much of a gamble, he played as more games than Ramsey & Jack last season.

And you're not spending anything, the club is :rofll: :lol:

How is he not that much of a gamble after all that's said about him? To think he's still not at the level he was when voted 2nd biggest flop, let alone the uncertain recovery from myopathy

Yeah it's not my money, but for me to bitch about the club not spending enough to sign good players we need, I think it's only right that I don't advocate unnecessary spending. Can't expect the club to throw money into risky projects, then blast them when there isn't enough to spend on important signings
lol
Michael Thomas

Postby GBLShorty » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:56 pm

I get what you are saying, Jack has announced he is leaving now on his official Facebook, so we need a player of this talent in midfield, and sometimes its easier to take a £16m gamble than spend £60-70m on a player who has that talent just to sit on the bench behind Toerrira and Ramsey.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby lol » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:17 pm

GBLShorty wrote:I get what you are saying, Jack has announced he is leaving now on his official Facebook, so we need a player of this talent in midfield, and sometimes its easier to take a £16m gamble than spend £60-70m on a player who has that talent just to sit on the bench behind Toerrira and Ramsey.

Maybe we should try getting him on loan with an option to buy?
lol
Michael Thomas

Postby GBLShorty » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:30 pm

^ would make sense with a monthly fee cos Dortmund don't want him anymore.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:27 am

close this thread the boy torry is coming
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill