Sebastian Caceres

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Sebastian Caceres

Postby Ach » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:50 pm

The 18-year-old is interested in a move to the Premier League and says he is blown away by interest from the Gunners

Uruguayan defender Sebastian Caceres says he is "flattered" by links with Arsenal.

The 18-year-old currently plays for Liverpool FC in his native country, and his impressive performances have seen him linked with the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City, in addition to the Gunners.

Caceres made 19 appearances for his side this season, but has been tipped to follow in the footsteps of the likes of Luis Suarez, Edinson Cavani and Diego Godin by carving out a career abroad.

And he says that a move to England would fulfill a lifetime ambition.

“This was flattering to hear this as they are a top team," he said, per The Sun, when asked about Arsenal's interest.

"I don’t know much about their new manager but I watch Arsenal a lot as I like the style of football.

“To play in the Premier League would be a dream for me as my ambitions are firstly to play in Europe and then play a World Cup with the Uruguay first team.”

However, while he has fluttered his eyelashes at the Gunners, Caceres says his hero is Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard.

“I like the Premier League a lot because it’s the league that is the most competitive in Europe," he added.

“[Steven] Gerrard was the player I admired, I like how he played, not in my position – but was a leader like me and like I try to be.”
Ach
SE13
SE13

Re: Sebastian Caceres

Postby yadunoe » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:22 am

Ach wrote:
The 18-year-old is interested in a move to the Premier League and says he is blown away by interest from the Gunners

Uruguayan defender Sebastian Caceres says he is "flattered" by links with Arsenal.

The 18-year-old currently plays for Liverpool FC in his native country, and his impressive performances have seen him linked with the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City, in addition to the Gunners.

Caceres made 19 appearances for his side this season, but has been tipped to follow in the footsteps of the likes of Luis Suarez, Edinson Cavani and Diego Godin by carving out a career abroad.

And he says that a move to England would fulfill a lifetime ambition.

“This was flattering to hear this as they are a top team," he said, per The Sun, when asked about Arsenal's interest.

"I don’t know much about their new manager but I watch Arsenal a lot as I like the style of football.

“To play in the Premier League would be a dream for me as my ambitions are firstly to play in Europe and then play a World Cup with the Uruguay first team.”

However, while he has fluttered his eyelashes at the Gunners, Caceres says his hero is Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard.

“I like the Premier League a lot because it’s the league that is the most competitive in Europe," he added.

“[Steven] Gerrard was the player I admired, I like how he played, not in my position – but was a leader like me and like I try to be.”

Theres a liverpool in Uruguay now?
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill