Arsène Wenger To Step Down As Arsenal Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arsène Wenger To Step Down As Arsenal Manager

Postby 1991 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:53 pm

The only Arsenal player to be called up to the England team is a youth product of Man Utd's academy. I thought Wenger was the master of developing young talents? 22 years and 1 player for England to show for it (who he sold to our rivals for f**k all). Another Wenger myth exposed. We had a better Academy in the 70s & 80s. Bu bu but Arsene made us!
Last edited by 1991 on Fri May 18, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Shhhhhh, stop telling the truth !!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri May 18, 2018 2:10 pm

1991 wrote:The only Arsenal player to be called up to the England team is a youth product of Man Utd's academy. I thought Wenger was the master of developing young talents? 22 years and 1 player for England to show for it (who he sold to our rivals for f**k all). Another Wenger myth exposed. We had a better Academy in the 70s & 80s. Bu bu but Arsene made us!

1. Most English players are shit and all of ours happen to be so.

2. Wenger is good at developing young talent. See Henry, Ljungberg, Toure, A. Cole, Reyes, RVP, Fabregas, Vieira, Anelka, Adebayor, Ramsey, etc. for examples.

22 years and 1 player for England to show for it (who he sold to our rivals for f**k all)

No clue what you're on about here.

Judging Wenger's entire 22 years off the number of our English players who made the WC squad this year?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
1991 wrote:The only Arsenal player to be called up to the England team is a youth product of Man Utd's academy. I thought Wenger was the master of developing young talents? 22 years and 1 player for England to show for it (who he sold to our rivals for f**k all). Another Wenger myth exposed. We had a better Academy in the 70s & 80s. Bu bu but Arsene made us!

1. Most English players are shit and all of ours happen to be so.

2. Wenger is good at developing young talent. See Henry, Ljungberg, Toure, A. Cole, Reyes, RVP, Fabregas, Vieira, Anelka, Adebayor, Ramsey, etc. for examples.

22 years and 1 player for England to show for it (who he sold to our rivals for f**k all)

No clue what you're on about here.

Judging Wenger's entire 22 years off the number of our English players who made the WC squad this year?

I'm sorry but Wenger did not develop:
Ljungberg, Toure, Reyes, RVP, Fabregas, Vieira, Anelka or Adebayor.
Ljungberg - was already a top player and Sweden international bought after great displays against England.
Toure - was good when we bought him, there was no noticeable big step up in quality, he started at RB and moved to CB and was quality throughout.
Reyes - was already a highly regarding young prospect in Spain and a first teamer at Sevilla when we bought him.
RVP - was already one of the best young players in world football when we bought, he was not some unknown.
Fabregas - anyone that saw Fabregas first few games for Arsenal already knew he was quality. All Wenger did was give him a platform.
Vieira - at AC Milan but not played. You could see he was the real deal in his first few games, Wenger did not develop him.
Anelka - classy player in his first few games at Arsenal, all Wenger did was give him a platform, he didn't make him great at all.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby LegendaryKeown » Fri May 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Neither Cesc nor RVP were anywhere near one of the best when bought.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri May 18, 2018 10:26 pm

Yeah Wenger never developed anyone init.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LegendaryKeown » Fri May 18, 2018 10:30 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Yeah Wenger never developed anyone init.

Revisionism at its best considering Henry was a winger when he joined Arsenal and turned into arguably the greatest striker in the PL.

I'd be surprised if RVP was the best striker in the PL when he joined us, or Cesc came to us as the complete midfielder when he started his first game.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Fri May 18, 2018 10:32 pm

Shearer says hi

Cesc lol
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby LegendaryKeown » Fri May 18, 2018 10:32 pm

Ach wrote:Shearer says hi

Cesc lol

Cesc :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LegendaryKeown » Fri May 18, 2018 10:33 pm

Cesc, simpler times, when people cared about goals and assists, not chances created like some frauds
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Fri May 18, 2018 10:53 pm

Pep?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 19, 2018 6:32 am

LegendaryKeown wrote:Neither Cesc nor RVP were anywhere near one of the best when bought.

Cesc was 16, RVP was around 20. Natural development due to their age, they were already quality players. Simple.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 19, 2018 6:35 am

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Yeah Wenger never developed anyone init.

Revisionism at its best considering Henry was a winger when he joined Arsenal and turned into arguably the greatest striker in the PL.

I'd be surprised if RVP was the best striker in the PL when he joined us, or Cesc came to us as the complete midfielder when he started his first game.

I didn't put Henry in the list ! Get it right friend. Henry was converted to a striker from a winger by Wenger, he can have that success.

I did not say RVP was the best striker in the PL when he joined, I said he was already one of the best young players in the world.

I said you could see Cesc was already a very good player when he joined us. Top players would make it irrespective of the coaches they have, the cream rises to the top, all the coaches do is guide them, they do NOT develop them, that comes naturally.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 19, 2018 6:50 am

The link below is not displaying properly, RVP 2004-2005.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLtlTYLYdls&t=28s[/youtube]
Last edited by theHotHead on Sat May 19, 2018 7:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 19, 2018 6:57 am

theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk