Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby Alexis » Wed May 16, 2018 7:24 am

None of these other players can do what Jack does. That's the point.

Anyway Southgate is a fanny so it's fine. If I was wilshere, I'd get a good pre season and get back into best form like Vs Barca 2011 and then when next round of international come around, wait for Southgate to call him up (if he's even in charge then) and then tell him to fuk off big nose.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 am

Yago wrote:No, they don't.

Shelvey has been the best English CM this season by a mile !
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby coach8smallball » Wed May 16, 2018 10:39 am

jw has some redeeming qualities, but we finished 6th and people want to rate jw as one of England's best midfielders.

I give him credit, he stayed healthy, but he hardly showed he's top quality
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby 1991 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:43 am

coach8smallball wrote:jw has some redeeming qualities, but we finished 6th and people want to rate jw as one of England's best midfielders.

He was our best player at home vs Athleti when he came off we fell apart. Even if he isn't Englands best he's still easily top 3.
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby 1991 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 am

theHotHead wrote:

Yet JW has more goals and assists this season...
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Wed May 16, 2018 12:09 pm

1991 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Yet JW has more goals and assists this season...

And that means what? Shelvey has bossed games, Wilshere has not. In a shit Newcastle team he has shone brightly and dictated play in a deep lying role - which is why he doesn't get many assists and goals.

Wilshere has been mostly pants punctuated by a handful of decent performances.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed May 16, 2018 3:07 pm

Have to say I’m very surprised. For all of wilsheres shortcomings he’s almost certainly England’s most creative central midfielder. Seems a bit short sighted to leave him out of a World Cup squad.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Wed May 16, 2018 3:15 pm

It was obvious he wasn't going. You can understand taking an injury prone player if he's a game changer and can do something out of nothing.

Jack passes sideways. No point taking him
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Wed May 16, 2018 3:59 pm

1991 wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:jw has some redeeming qualities, but we finished 6th and people want to rate jw as one of England's best midfielders.

He was our best player at home vs Athleti when he came off we fell apart. Even if he isn't Englands best he's still easily top 3.

one game doesn't rate a player. look at the entire body of work.

he's lost his pace, gets injured (albeit this season has been fairly clean), loses the ball in midfield now-a-days. I feel he's past it.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Mess » Wed May 16, 2018 4:31 pm

Wilshere has his moments of sheer brilliance but he's hardly someone that springs to mind when you think about "game changer". And he's not that creative either. Perhaps, he's above average on that front but nothing more (in my opinion). I disagree with Ach though when he says "he passes sideways". That's Elneny's game. I find that Jack, most of the time, try to move forward and it's something I appreciate in his game.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby coach8smallball » Wed May 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Mess wrote:Wilshere has his moments of sheer brilliance but he's hardly someone that springs to mind when you think about "game changer". And he's not that creative either. Perhaps, he's above average on that front but nothing more (in my opinion). I disagree with Ach though when he says "he passes sideways". That's Elneny's game. I find that Jack, most of the time, try to move forward and it's something I appreciate in his game.

same here. not trying to knock jw too much, but you put my feelings into more eloquent terms.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby generalanal » Wed May 16, 2018 5:12 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
generalanal wrote:Wilshere is still the best english midfield player. Bye england no chance without him

Explain "English Midfield Player"

He's not an AM - Dele is in a different class numbers wise ... Lallana and Sterling both better (and Ox if fit)

He's not a DM - Dier and Henderson although bang average are far better defensively ....

So that just leaves CM - Livermore - Lingard - Henderson - Cook - Wilshere you pays your money and takes your choice ... not one of these five players would get near France, Germany, Spain ... yet that's all we have ....

So not the best AM not the best DM and perm one from five at CM ... he's hardly the best english midfield player and that's even with Arsenal glasses firmly in place ....

On form wilshere owns them all you never know with him he has the ability imo. I remember when he played for england he got like 10 motm performances in a row. Thats my opinion you don't let a talent like him at home...
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:22 pm

He has been carrying an injury, I think he would have been fresh with the little break before the world cup, international football suits him more and he could have caused damage as an impact sub, taking Delph over him makes no sense.

It's a negative squad that when faced against anyone half decent is just going to look and play on the counter and nick games.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Wed May 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Delph going cos he can play full back
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby LegendaryKeown » Wed May 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Wilshere deserved to go, primarily because there is zero creativity in that side.

Should have at least picked Lallana.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club