Arsenal Vs Spurs | Premiership 29/10/2008

Re: Arsenal Vs Spurs | Premiership 29/10/2008

Postby drama » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:28 am

:disgust:

after staying up late to watch...............

Goonersworld Fantasy Premier League Champion 07/08

Goonersworld CL Fantasy League Champion 07/08, 08/09
drama
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rvtheace » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:39 am

The most pathetically lost 2 points ever!

Still, awesome play on the attack.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:44 am

Anyone feeling any better today?
Im Numb, completely NUMB!
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Igmalian » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:55 am

I've got a question for you, why the hell won't Wenger play Vela! He made three substitutions last night where Vela could've come on and held on to the ball, maybe even created or scored that killer 5th goal. He's quick, skillful, confident and one of the most naturally calm finishers I've seen for a long time, if Arsene's not careful he could be another one that got away!

I would be gutted if we lost Vela!
To Alcohol!! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!!
Igmalian
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby arseman » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:59 am

Igmalian wrote:I've got a question for you, why the hell won't Wenger play Vela! He made three substitutions last night where Vela could've come on and held on to the ball, maybe even created or scored that killer 5th goal. He's quick, skillful, confident and one of the most naturally calm finishers I've seen for a long time, if Arsene's not careful he could be another one that got away!

I'm thinking the same..... at 4-2, Spurs heads were down, and the last thing they need to see is a Mexican hotshot kid coming on....
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:07 am

Did anyone hear that drop-out bentley last night saying the scum are a top top team?
how f***ing deluded is he??? they are STILL bottom of the league!
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Igmalian » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:10 am

arseman wrote:
Igmalian wrote:I've got a question for you, why the hell won't Wenger play Vela! He made three substitutions last night where Vela could've come on and held on to the ball, maybe even created or scored that killer 5th goal. He's quick, skillful, confident and one of the most naturally calm finishers I've seen for a long time, if Arsene's not careful he could be another one that got away!

I'm thinking the same..... at 4-2, Spurs heads were down, and the last thing they need to see is a Mexican hotshot kid coming on....

I can't believe he brought Theo off for Eboue, with the Spuds chasing the game Theo's the best person to have on the break, RVP was the best player on the pitch and should've stayed on and Song thought he was walking into a training game!
Igmalian
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby arseman » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:13 am

They play Liverpoo on Saturday don't they?..... like em or hate em, their defence won't give out gifts like we did.....expect Spurs to be bottom for some time more...
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:18 am

We aint going to lose Vela don't worry.
He's waited 2 years to actually pull on the shirt so he's not about to trounce out the building if he doesn't get enough starts.
He's still very young so he understands his place in the queue.

It's always easy to say that he should've come on because he's an exciting player but he's still being eased in to the Prem so he might not have had an impact at all.
Plus we needed defensive players to hold on to our lead so I agree with bringing on Eboue and Song even though it didn't work this time.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby arseman » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:20 am

Inchpractice wrote:It's always easy to say that he should've come on because he's an exciting player but he's still being eased in to the Prem so he might not have had an impact at all.
Plus we needed defensive players to hold on to our lead so I agree with bringing on Eboue and Song even though it didn't work this time.

But filling the midfield with defensive midfielders just invites pressure on us....and we;re not very good when other teams press us, for us the best form of defence is to keep the ball
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:21 am

arseman wrote:They play Liverpoo on Saturday don't they?..... like em or hate em, their defence won't give out gifts like we did.....expect Spurs to be bottom for some time more...

Good point.
The first positive of the day.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Igmalian » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:46 am

Inchpractice wrote:We aint going to lose Vela don't worry.
He's waited 2 years to actually pull on the shirt so he's not about to trounce out the building if he doesn't get enough starts.
He's still very young so he understands his place in the queue.
I hope you're right!

Inchpractice wrote:It's always easy to say that he should've come on because he's an exciting player but he's still being eased in to the Prem so he might not have had an impact at all.
I'm sorry mate but I disagree, at 4-2 we looked comfortable until he made changes after that we just looked vulnerable!
Igmalian
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:53 am

Inchpractice wrote:
arseman wrote:They play Liverpoo on Saturday don't they?..... like em or hate em, their defence won't give out gifts like we did.....expect Spurs to be bottom for some time more...

Good point.
The first positive of the day.

And thats at Anfield.
Then they got Dynamo Zagreb (H) Man City (A) & Liverpool again (H)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:03 am

Igmalian wrote:I'm sorry mate but I disagree, at 4-2 we looked comfortable until he made changes after that we just looked vulnerable!

It didn't turn out the way he wanted it but I think the idea was the right one.
If you're winning 4-2 against an attacking team with a few minutes to go you should bring on defensive players to secure the win.
9 times out of 10 that does the job but it didn't work last night for whatever reason.
Right decision, wrong result, wrong performance from the subs.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby rogerthornhill » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:38 am

I have never liked the "Let's hang on to what we've got" approach, I think it's psychologically bad. We lost two points against the mancs doing that a few years ago. I know that we can't attack all the time and throw everyone forward but we are great when we have the ball and when we have it then the other team can't score. But going defensive probably wasn't a bad decision under last night's circumstances, two goals ahead with just minutes to play, it's easy to see why AW made those changes.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09