The Wish List

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: The Wish List

Postby GBLShorty » Wed May 02, 2018 7:05 pm

£50m for De Ligt is a bit laughable, £20m at best for a unproven teenager.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Sims » Wed May 02, 2018 7:15 pm

GBLShorty wrote:£50m for De Ligt is a bit laughable, £20m at best for a unproven teenager.

Already one of the best defenders in europe
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby GBLShorty » Wed May 02, 2018 7:35 pm

Sims wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:£50m for De Ligt is a bit laughable, £20m at best for a unproven teenager.

Already one of the best defenders in europe

Based on the dutch league? nowhere near the top 30-40.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Sims » Wed May 02, 2018 7:45 pm

Well when he goes to Barca this or next summer and immediately slots In everyone will be moaning about how we didn’t get him for relative peanuts
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Wed May 02, 2018 7:49 pm

Should take that Arthur kid from Gremio since Barca are rumoured to be pulling out
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby GBLShorty » Wed May 02, 2018 8:21 pm

Another playmaker tho, we need a box to box midfielder or a shuttler^
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby elber » Thu May 03, 2018 10:48 am

Spurs paid Ajax over 40M for Davinson Sánchez and De Ligt is rated higher than him.
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GBLShorty » Thu May 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Spurs over pay for everybody, if we have a 50m budget, i do not want it spent on a 18 year old who has played in the dutch league, i want a established defender like Koulibaly for that price, but i am all for us signing De Ligt, just not @ £50m (our whole budget)
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GBLShorty » Thu May 03, 2018 12:51 pm

----------------------Aubameyang--------------------
Martial------------------Ozil------------Mkhitaryan
--------------Nainggolan--Ramsey------------------
Monreal------Koulibaly--Koscielny------Bellerin
----------------------------Oblak---------------------------

Can but dream.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Angelito » Thu May 03, 2018 3:26 pm

I doubt we only have £50m to spend tbh. It's more like £75-80m, which isn't a whole lot but still good enough if we can get rid of our squadies for appropriate fees.

If we make it to the UCL, we might have around £100m to spend.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby tmoneytrev97 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:47 pm

Dream Team for 2018/2019 Season:

Auba
Ozil
Mkhi - Fabinho - Xhaka - Ramsey
Saed - De Vrij - Mavrapranos/Chambers - Pereira
Horn

Koln are gonna get relegated probably, which means Horn's transfer prices drop to 10m and that's a steal. Periera is a great RB and he's going to want to go to a bigger club, he'll cost at least 30m and De Vrij is at the end of his contract. Fabinho will be the most expensive of the bunch probably around 50m at the least but worth it. Nzonzi would be a cheaper option. Probably going to be a 100m+ rebuild, probably closer to 120m+. Honestly, that's me going off of the fact that there are rumors going around that the next manager is only going to get 50m to spend. Figure we are going to sell a few squad players. Bellerin is most rumored to leave, we can probably sell him for 30m at the most, maybe closer to 20m. Mustafi has been horrid, if we can offload him he could go for 20-25m at the best. Cech and Ospina arent both going to stay, one is going to leave and id imagine nobody will pay more than 10m for either. We need to offload a forward, maybe Welbeck or Laca. Welbeck could sell for 15-20m realistically and Laca for 35-40m. I think this wish list XI is most realistic, and since we have no european competition next year we will have alot less pull in transfers.
tmoneytrev97
Liam Brady

Postby elber » Sat May 05, 2018 8:08 am

tmoneytrev97 wrote:Dream Team for 2018/2019 Season:

Auba
Ozil
Horn

Koln are gonna get relegated probably, which means Horn's transfer prices drop to 10m and that's a steal. Periera is a great RB and he's going to want to go to a bigger club, he'll cost at least 30m and De Vrij is at the end of his contract. Fabinho will be the most expensive of the bunch probably around 50m at the least but worth it. Nzonzi would be a cheaper option. Probably going to be a 100m+ rebuild, probably closer to 120m+. Honestly, that's me going off of the fact that there are rumors going around that the next manager is only going to get 50m to spend. Figure we are going to sell a few squad players. Bellerin is most rumored to leave, we can probably sell him for 30m at the most, maybe closer to 20m. Mustafi has been horrid, if we can offload him he could go for 20-25m at the best. Cech and Ospina arent both going to stay, one is going to leave and id imagine nobody will pay more than 10m for either. We need to offload a forward, maybe Welbeck or Laca. Welbeck could sell for 15-20m realistically and Laca for 35-40m. I think this wish list XI is most realistic, and since we have no european competition next year we will have alot less pull in transfers.

Would rather get Odriozola as Bellerin’s replacement, or Benjamin Henrichs.
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 05, 2018 8:55 am

lol at people putting mavropanos in their starting xi
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby tmoneytrev97 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:32 pm

elber wrote:

Auba
Ozil
Horn

Would rather get Odriozola as Bellerin’s replacement, or Benjamin Henrichs.
Benjamin Hendrichs was actually the other outside back i was thinking of, i like him alot. And as far as Mavrapranos on my starting XI he's there in the case Mustafi is shipped on and with Kos being out for awhile he could probably grab a few starts and change in with Chambers until Kos's return or until we get a more certified talented CB. Have no issue with the next manager giving younger guys some minutes I think that'd be good for us moving forward and rebuilding. Id like to see Maitland-Niles or Nelson get a few more minutes next year as well.
tmoneytrev97
Liam Brady

Postby Yago » Sat May 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Auba
Ozil
Horn

120m for a team that's barely better than what we have now.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill