WENGER OUT

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Phil71 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:31 pm

redordead wrote:Come to think about it had he not inherited that back five and given he's diabolical dealings in defenders would he of Had as much success as he did in he's early years just a thought

No, you're absolutely spot on.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Gunnerrob » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:59 pm

When Wenger came he was lucky that he inherited a defence that did him proud for some golden years. In the years that follow he failed miserably not only with replacements but with an appalling lack of understanding on defensive tactics. For many seasons now we have always given the opposition the opportunity to score and there are some memorable (but woeful) examples of this (Spurs 4-2 up approaching injury time ending 4-4; Newcastle 4-4 after being 4-0 up; and on a regular basis wide open defence that leaks goals - including Richtie yesterday). The policy of ..if you score we will score more has long gone!!!! Does no one question his tactics and lack of interest in acquiring solid die hard defenders rather than doing it on the cheap or acquiring youngsters that he fails to nurture and progress. I realise the Yanks are not interested in the football side of the Club but only the gravy train it has bought. However, attendances in recent weeks are a signal and one that will not be fully realised until season tickets are up for renewal. Not only have Spurs been allowed to gain the upper hand the attitude of this great Club and failure to get some passion and ambition back into the side can only end in one way - total supremacy by Spurs and scrambling to get the upper hand over other London sides (WHU; Palace; probably Fulham). Is that the future you want for Arsenal? Whilst Wenger remains; his support team are not shown the door; and there is not a good clear out of some of the wasters we see each week on the pitch that’s what we are looking at. I am now in my seventies and have been Arsenal for 65+ years and my dad and grandad before me! So I have witnessed some rough, lean times but only in recent years have I been appalled by the lack of passion ; drive; and commitment displayed by so many of the team and frustrated beyond belief by Wenger and Bould sitting on their hands as another game passes us by.
Gunnerrob
Liam Brady

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:10 pm

Gunnerrob wrote:When Wenger came he was lucky that he inherited a defence that did him proud for some golden years.

The Invincibles backline -

Lauren Campbell Toure Cole

All were Wenger signings and Cole came through the academy.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Zenith » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Gunnerrob wrote:When Wenger came he was lucky that he inherited a defence that did him proud for some golden years.

True.

Also this -

starmandb wrote:Seaman Dixon winterburn bould and Adams conceded 49 goals in 94/95 (Graham - Houston)
It still remains the worst home season I have ever seen and I have been going 48 years
A rejuvenated by Wenger defence conceded 17 goals in 98/99
In 07/08 almunia clichy sagna toure and gallas conceded 31 goals
Up until the implosion at Birmingham Wenger had done a fine job at arsenal
The real utter garbage is suggesting that he just walked in and inherited a great defence
It was beginning to leak and fail
He was that good
He ain't anymore
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby redordead » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Zenith wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

True.

Also this -

starmandb wrote:Seaman Dixon winterburn bould and Adams conceded 49 goals in 94/95 (Graham - Houston)
It still remains the worst home season I have ever seen and I have been going 48 years
A rejuvenated by Wenger defence conceded 17 goals in 98/99
In 07/08 almunia clichy sagna toure and gallas conceded 31 goals
Up until the implosion at Birmingham Wenger had done a fine job at arsenal
The real utter garbage is suggesting that he just walked in and inherited a great defence
It was beginning to leak and fail
He was that good
He ain't anymore

Starmanndb I always respect your posts and of All the people on here when we need stats your the man so therfore I bow down it was just a thought
I set myself some very low standards in which i fail to achieve
redordead
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:00 am

Said it before but it's worth repeating ....

Wonger inherited a club with the mindset 'they will not score' ... our mantra was '1-0 to The Arsenal' ... players would metaphorically 'die' to wear the shirt .... we were undisputed top dog in London

into that mindset came Lauren - Campbell - Toure - Cole and the Invincibles were created ....

BUT

the Invincibles failed to kick on, the tinkering began and by 2008 we were into the era of tippy-tappy ....

the Tippy Tappy era ended with no real success and we started the long slow decent to mid-table ....

Wonger will leave the club with the mindset 'meh' ... our mantra is 'win or bust' ... players now worry about their 'social media image' whilst doing pretty much what they want on the pitch .... we are no longer top dog in London

Sure in 25 years the game's changed, but you don't get this shite at Dippers, Spuds, City ..... a football club needs an identity what's ours?

That's Wonger's failure right there ... rode his luck but ultimately wasn't capable in the modern game ... nice guys get fecked' the trouble is he's fecked us right along with him, and we didn't get 8m a year for the privilege ..... our club The Arsenal lost it's way, lost it's identity, and lost it's connection to us the fans, it will take years to regain our superiority in London, if that's even possible, so if you credit Wonger for the good times, then you have to blame Wonger for the state we are now in .... he's a decade past his sell-by date, it's killing us .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:17 am

Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:1st time we have lost 5 away league games in a row since 84/85

And the manager was sacked back then.

Same should happen now.

Don Howe was not sacked
He resigned 15 months later
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:51 am

EliteKiller wrote:Said it before but it's worth repeating ....

Wonger inherited a club with the mindset 'they will not score' ... our mantra was '1-0 to The Arsenal' ... players would metaphorically 'die' to wear the shirt .... we were undisputed top dog in London

into that mindset came Lauren - Campbell - Toure - Cole and the Invincibles were created ....

BUT

the Invincibles failed to kick on, the tinkering began and by 2008 we were into the era of tippy-tappy ....

the Tippy Tappy era ended with no real success and we started the long slow decent to mid-table ....

Wonger will leave the club with the mindset 'meh' ... our mantra is 'win or bust' ... players now worry about their 'social media image' whilst doing pretty much what they want on the pitch .... we are no longer top dog in London

Sure in 25 years the game's changed, but you don't get this shite at Dippers, Spuds, City ..... a football club needs an identity what's ours?

That's Wonger's failure right there ... rode his luck but ultimately wasn't capable in the modern game ... nice guys get fecked' the trouble is he's fecked us right along with him, and we didn't get 8m a year for the privilege ..... our club The Arsenal lost it's way, lost it's identity, and lost it's connection to us the fans, it will take years to regain our superiority in London, if that's even possible, so if you credit Wonger for the good times, then you have to blame Wonger for the state we are now in .... he's a decade past his sell-by date, it's killing us .....

Rolling on the floor laughing at your take on history. :rofll:
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:08 am

A simple chart I put together to show our decline since we last won the league in 04.

It shows how many points we were inside the Champions League positions each season.

Despite a brief upturn in 07/08, we have been on an obvious decline.

Form.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby KG3 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:44 am

Phil71 wrote:A simple chart I put together to show our decline since we last won the league in 04.

It shows how many points we were inside the Champions League positions each season.

Form.PNG

You have too much free time bro :lol:
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:46 am

KG3 wrote:
Phil71 wrote:A simple chart I put together to show our decline since we last won the league in 04.

Form.PNG

You have too much free time bro :lol:

:P

It only took about ten minutes.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Interest: waning » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:17 am

I just want him to f***ing leave

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:59 am

Arsene Nose wrote:

BUT

Rolling on the floor laughing at your take on history. :rofll:

Not sure what you find funny about the post, it looks pretty spot on to me
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:54 pm

BUT

I think that sums it up nicely.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Andrew » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Will always support whoever is our coach .

Wenger's success is our success ! Let's win the Europa League .
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts