Is there an anti-Arsenal agenda going on?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Is there an anti-Arsenal agenda going on?

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:16 am

@starman
To add to your post, Wenger went 49 games undefeated with Sol, Kolo, Lauren, Ashley and Lehman. None of whom be inherited. Only Ashley was in the academy prior to his arrival. So this inherited defense nonsense is just something kids google nowadays and state as facts.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:08 am

Arsene Nose wrote:@starman
To add to your post, Wenger went 49 games undefeated with Sol, Kolo, Lauren, Ashley and Lehman. None of whom be inherited. Only Ashley was in the academy prior to his arrival. So this inherited defense nonsense is just something kids google nowadays and state as facts.

You miss the point ....

It's got nothing to do with the players, feck if they'd been here when Wonger started they'd all be playing in their late forties today ... players come and go, we're talking about our philosophy ....

Wonger came to a club stepped in '1-0 to the Arsenal' the whole mind set from coaches, players, past managers and even the fans was ... don't let them score ... that's what we talk about when we say Wonger inherited a defensive set-up ....

It was Wonger who then spent a decade changing that mindset to 'tippy-tappy' we will have more possession than you ... and for a while that worked ... however as pointed out by starmanb by then we had already started to ship goals ...

When 'tippy-tappy' got found out, as all tactics will in the end, we had nowhere to go ... we were no longer defensively sound and yet we couldn't out score any of the top sides ...

For the last decade we've been desperately trying to find an identity ... but the approach is so scatter gun nobody knows what we're trying to achieve ... park-the-bus? tippy-tappy? counter? attack attack attack? who knows ... what we do know is we're now down to sixth ... that says it all
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:21 am

I love the way you google our history and pass it off as fact. We didn’t play tippy tappy until 2008. Wengers first ten years were built on teams that broke through guys like vieira, pires, overmars and lunjberg none of whom can be classified as tippy tappy. He only went possession based after we failed to win in Europe.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:35 am

Arsene Nose wrote:I love the way you google our history and pass it off as fact. We didn’t play tippy tappy until 2008. Wengers first ten years were built on teams that broke through guys like vieira, pires, overmars and lunjberg none of whom can be classified as tippy tappy. He only went possession based after we failed to win in Europe.

Learn to read .... where do I say when tippy-tappy started? I said

It was Wonger who then spent a decade changing that mindset to 'tippy-tappy' we will have more possession than you

I would say it was after we finished 2nd in 2004/5 ... only Wonger knows ...

The POINT which you continuously fail to grasp, is that Wonger INHERITED a defensive culture, he very successfully built on that by adding attacking flair, for reasons know only to him he took that success and progressed into tippy-tappy, when that failed he ran out of ideas ...

Is that a fair, if brief, assessment or did I miss something?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:03 am

Dude,
I’ll tell you what you missed. The football guardiola and Klopp play is what we played 8 seasons ago. It’s just that guardiola has better players and is more disciplined with them. When cesc left we threw the playbook out the window and started this weird hybrid system that has seen us play shit football and drop out of the top four. We should’ve stuck with the cesc style instead of starting over.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:39 am

Arsene Nose wrote:Dude,
I’ll tell you what you missed. The football guardiola and Klopp play is what we played 8 seasons ago. It’s just that guardiola has better players and is more disciplined with them. When cesc left we threw the playbook out the window and started this weird hybrid system that has seen us play shit football and drop out of the top four. We should’ve stuck with the cesc style instead of starting over.

Now there we can all agree ... Wonger stuck with players just not good enough, he still does ... if you were to pick an EPL this season we wouldn't have a single player in the squad let alone on the pitch ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:37 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:Dude,

Now there we can all agree ... Wonger stuck with players just not good enough, he still does ... if you were to pick an EPL this season we wouldn't have a single player in the squad let alone on the pitch ......

Ozil walks in
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:25 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Mesüt wrote:They definitely don't like us in the media, if we were doing exactly the same as Tottenham we'd be getting half the praise at best.

Probably because people actually have expectations for this club and know Tottenham have always been shit.

We were hounded for being a French club. As if that is any criticism...
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StockGooner » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:10 am

Fair to say we aren't the worst team in the league but we are lauded in the press as being the worst, maybe because of what we used to be.

I think all of the print, television and radio press all treat us, the fans like we'd blindly support Wenger no matter what, which is where my frustration comes from. In reality 90% of fans want Wenger gone. The media asks the wrong questions, they ask nice ones that are easy for Wenger to give soundbites for, then print those soundbites instead of questioning his comments.

For example, blaming Easter for declining attendances. Journos accept it and print it and it riles us. What a good journalist would do is point out he is wrong and make him back up his claims.

But then, you might get Wenger doing a Keswick and calling questions stupid which would really get the media against us.
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Phil71 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:47 pm

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Loòoool

Please don't take that site seriously
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:00 pm

UFGN wrote:

Loòoool

Please don't take that site seriously

To be fair I’ve thought for many years that refs have treated us unfairly.

It seems that if we play against a physical side, it’s ok for them to kick us, because that’s how they play, but when we do it we get penalised - because that’s not how we play.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pudpop » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Oh, and you can forget that silly cliché that decisions even themselves out over the course of a season. We know that's not the case. In fact, you can work it out for yourself by simply flipping a coin: the more times you flip, the less likely it is that you will get an equal number of heads and tails.

Oh Lord I'm going to be sick. I thought untold arsenal was bad enough but when ESPN put out an article like this...
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Oh, and you can forget that silly cliché that decisions even themselves out over the course of a season. We know that's not the case. In fact, you can work it out for yourself by simply flipping a coin: the more times you flip, the less likely it is that you will get an equal number of heads and tails.

Oh Lord I'm going to be sick. I thought untold arsenal was bad enough but when ESPN put out an article like this...

:doh:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Sims » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Apparently it’s admirable if Poch gets 4th place without signings during moving stadium

Wenger done it and was labelled a fraud

Wastemen hope journos who rim the argie c*** get castrated
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk