Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:06 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Byron Gomez wrote:If Wenger makes him Captain I think he'll stay.

But then we'll probably lose Wilshere.

Hmm, Ramsey or Wilshere? Tough choice, that...

You say that but if Ramsey isn't scoring goals it becomes the other way.

Without goals its Wilshere > Ramsey.

With goals its Ramsey > Wilshere.

Yup.

Can't help but notice that this topic only comes alive when Ramsey scores which isn't very often, unfortunately. Then you get Ramsey fan boys twerking for each other.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

all football matches are decided by goals.
ramsey>>>wilshere

But my point is that is only true IF he keeps up the goals, the moment he goes on a barren run then Wilshere is the better player.

Except that's not true since Ramsey has been our best player this season along with Ozil.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby theHotHead » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:19 am

NJ_Gunner wrote:Can’t understand the hate he receives. The guy is class. When he’s in form our team looks miles better. Arguably our most important player.

When he is in form. The problem is, he is not in form that much so becomes a complete liability

I am not a Ramsey hater, on the contrary, I think he is a good footballer and have no problem with him being in the squad, he brings something none of our midfielders have - intelligent late runs and a goal threat.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Goonerz » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:27 am

I am not Ramsey’s biggest fan but he tries. Can’t fault his efforts. Credit where it’s due. I hope he keeps being more disciplined like he player against Ac Milan in Thursday. Choose wisely when to make runs into the box, but not at every opportunity. He was more mature on Thursday. Credit Aaron..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:55 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

all football matches are decided by goals.
ramsey>>>wilshere

But my point is that is only true IF he keeps up the goals, the moment he goes on a barren run then Wilshere is the better player.

Except that's not true since Ramsey has been our best player this season along with Ozil.

Oh. Wow :rofll:
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby realtalk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:54 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

What is this nonsense. Based on what it isn't reality. Ramsey destroys wilshere in stats in not even a competition. Rambo has him beat in every tackles,passes,assist ,goals. Derby goals, assists, big game performance ,clutch game winner & most important appearances.

Wilshere has done f**k all at arsenal for years. Coquelin and sick note rosisky had better numbers than wilshere. Just stop this wilshere nonsense. The guy has to actually proof stuff here. Man wants a payrise after playing 6 months in 4 years ,months of loosing streak. :rofll:

Rambo is a consistent performer and he's done better than so called better players. The only person that needs to leave is xhaka. Wecant afford jack or rambo gone. There's too many Germans and players disconnected from the club. They only care about getting paid.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CaptGooner » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:13 pm

We’re comparing Ramsey with Wilshere and Xhaka.. that can’t be the new baseline.

We need new CM’s desperately.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Mess » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:42 pm

My opinion is that it's a non debate: Ramsey is far more important to Arsenal than Wilshere. As much as I hate when Ramsey leave massive gaps behind him when he bombs forward, Arsenal badly miss his runs in the box when he's out of the lineup. He contributes in so many more ways than Wilshere: Your eyes will tell you so and the stats do tell the same story. I don't think however that it's a matter of having to choose between one or the other. I'd rather get rid of Xhaka and find a suitable midfield partner that can stand on his own and contribute to maximizing both Wilshere and Ramsey's different skills.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby ag6789 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:49 pm

Both are unfit for central midfield role. Both should be played as forwards, but both are inferior to Ozil. A puzzle difficult to solve, since we are all attached emotionally to them.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ag6789 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Wilshere is inferior to Ramsey in goal scoring but better at controlling possession upfield.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:58 pm

ag6789 wrote:Wilshere is inferior to Ramsey in goal scoring but better at controlling possession upfield.

That's cos he's content with passing sideways. Ramsey will try something. The goal v Milan came via a flick of Ramsey
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:14 am

ag6789 wrote:Both are unfit for central midfield role. Both should be played as forwards, but both are inferior to Ozil. A puzzle difficult to solve, since we are all attached emotionally to them.

Friend are you confused?? None of them are forwards they are midfielders. Ozil is an attacking forward, Ramsey is a box to box midfielder and Jack is - I have no idea, but he is not a forward.

Ramsey is far more important to us than Wilshere. Wilshere has more natural talent but cannot translate it to good and consistent performances.

It is the job of the deep CM to plug the hole left by a CM making a forward run. Because Xhaka has the awareness of a cyclops that is blind in one eye (see what I did there??) the space vacated by Ramsey becomes a problem - but that's not Ramsey's fault. I dont think Ramsey is told to sit, he makes great runs into the box amd should continue to do so - none of our other CMs score goals.

Those around him must cover his runs.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:44 am

- Ramsey is more important to us than Wilshere.
- Wilshere is a better passer than Ramsey.
- Ramsey's technique as a CM leaves a lot to be desired. Even in his best season, it was his late runs and goals that stood out over usual CM traits.
- Wilshere is not somebody one could trust and his body has clearly given way. He lacks the burst he once had. The 2010/2011 Wilshere seems like a distant dream.
- For Ramsey to succeed, you need an excellent passing CM alongside him, hence, why Wenger bought Xhaka.

In essence, we need better than both if we're to think of challenging for the Prem.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby KG3 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:20 pm

Angelito wrote:- Ramsey is more important to us than Wilshere.
- Wilshere is a better passer than Ramsey.
- Ramsey's technique as a CM leaves a lot to be desired. Even in his best season, it was his late runs and goals that stood out over usual CM traits.
- Wilshere is not somebody one could trust and his body has clearly given way. He lacks the burst he once had. The 2010/2011 Wilshere seems like a distant dream.
- For Ramsey to succeed, you need an excellent passing CM alongside him, hence, why Wenger bought Xhaka.

In essence, we need better than both if we're to think of challenging for the Prem.

Excellent passing CM is an overstatement for Xhaka he's a good passer and Charlie Adam level, whereas an actual excellent passing CM is someone like Kroos or Pjanic.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:34 am

Have always said that Ramsey has his flaws and his strengths are very valuable to us, be it his late runs, goals and physicality. If paired with a right midfielder he is an asset to us.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football