West Ham Utd Vs Arsenal | Premiership 26/10/08

Re: West Ham Utd Vs Arsenal | Premiership 26/10/08

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:00 pm

Man of the match for me was Arsene Wenger making the right changes at the right time.

Great second goal, what a ball from Bendtner. That was not a red card but they deserve at least one.

Great to see Sagna back too.

I also thought that Song was three times as good as DMF today than he was as a CB on tuesday.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:00 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Man of the match for me was Arsene Wenger making the right changes at the right time.

Great second goal, what a ball from Bendtner. That was not a red card but they deserve at least one.

I also thought that Song was three times as good as DMF today than he was as a CB on tuesday.

I agree about Song.
Hard to choose a MOTM but Almunia has to get a mention for being so fuckin solid.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:04 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:Man of the match for me was Arsene Wenger making the right changes at the right time.

I agree about Song.
Hard to choose a MOTM but Almunia has to get a mention for being so fuckin solid.

Not just Almunia mate, the whole defence was solid today, i haven't seen a defence look so good for ages.

And Song was superb, carried the midfield at times and was in the thick of everything, robbed the ball, got stuck in with tackles, great game although i don't doubt some silly t**t will still have a go.............
Last edited by GunnGunn on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:04 pm

Yea Almunia is awesome at the moment. I wonder how many neutral England fans have been watching him recently.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Gooner Girl » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:07 pm

how long til hes eligible for england - anyone know?
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:09 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:how long til hes eligible for england - anyone know?

End of this season.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:21 pm

i thought song was immense today in covering the back four. also almunia is eligable form xmas i thought. finally we showed real resiliance in breaking down a very deffensive and counter attacking display from west ham.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby the real gooner » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:21 pm

Song is fulfilling the promise the next Flamini! Good game 2 many cards 5 yellow and a red.
I always bang on but we should have had 5. Stiil 3pts from a must win game.....good to be a gooner! bring on the spuds
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby damo1583 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:25 pm

Solid performance today, took us time to gel but what impressed me was the patients we showed and with relentless pressure we came through.......

Good day to be a gooner..............
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Forza™ » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:25 pm

A draw today would have been disasterous considering United drawing and Chelsea loosing
Forza™
Michael Thomas

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Yes exactly. Finally we take advantage of our rivals dropping points.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby iSzC » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:43 am

We back on track..next,spurs to kill :)
iSzC
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:17 am

Good game, even better result - 3pts in the bag, 1pt behind Chelsea & joint 3rd with Hull, who will slip up eventually.

Their sending off should have been a yellow, but balances out as Green should have been sent off for handling outside the box, had he got the straight red, we would have anhialated them.

Happy with that. Bring on the yids! :arse fan:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby bergie4ever » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:31 am

f***ing GREAT SUNDAY!! :arse fan:

We won at West Ham,and the Russians have been taking down by the Reds at the Bridge,so che£$ki can now give us a f***ing break with they're "unbeatten at home" shit record!!

And of course,they already thought they could became the "new invicibles"...give us a f***ing break!!There's only 1 Team which is called (and will be forever) The Invincibles: The Gunners - 2003- 2004 (and a bit more :arse flag.gif: )!! :arse flag.gif:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby SE13 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:09 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

It was a big win for us at West Ham because if we had come out of that with a frustrating 0-0 draw, we would have felt that we had wasted an opportunity to get closer to the top of the table.

For us it was important not to make a mistake and to take one of our own chances. We gambled a lot and fortunately we had some strikers on the bench and in the end that made the difference.

We knew before the game that we couldn't afford to drop points at Upton Park but I must say that West Ham can feel frustrated because they defended very well and gave absolutely everything. In the end we got a little opening, maybe they got a little bit fatigued in the last 20 minutes.

It could have been one of those days. West Ham decided to frustrate us by defending very deep. They protected the centre very well and I thought in the first half we tried to go through the middle a little too much. We needed to stretch their defenders in the final third and we did that better in the second half.

West Ham had claims for a penalty and maybe they had a case with the deflected handball in the last five minutes but I did not see the other one. It was a guy who was protecting himself when it hit him.

However I felt that their keeper, Robert Green, was outside the box when he handled the ball in the first half and as a result they could have been playing with 10 men. Green always has the game of his life when he plays against us, and he repeats that every year.

Emmanuel Adebayor came off the bench with 25 minutes left and he fought very hard to make the difference. That shows how good he is. I took off Theo Walcott because I want to rotate my squad and keep players fresh, but we will see more from him. We have all been 19 and we were not all better at 21, but he will be better.

We face Tottenham on Wednesday and it will be Harry Redknapp's second game in charge after he left Portsmouth. It was a surprise for me to see him move from Portsmouth to Tottenham in October but football is full of surprises.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09