WENGER OUT

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Ach » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Andrew wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Ahhh so when his job is on the line all of a sudden he cares about winning?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -decision/


Winning the EL or not will have no impact whatsoever on Wenger's future

Finally some sense from the Spud

I agree. He should f**k off whether we win it or not
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11092
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Sims wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
Sims wrote:We should be building for 4/5 years time cause that’s hopefully when City’s league dominance comes to an end when Pep leaves

You have to aim to win it every year, have a squad that at least looks like it can win it, of course if city go and get 90-100 points you have to hold your hands up and acknowledge they are better.

We aren't that far away from having a squad that looks serious, we don't need to plan for 5 years time.


And I think City will do that now for as long as Pep stays im afraid. We should be hoovering up 20-24 y/o’s for the next few years to capitalise once he fucks off


They could win the cl and just lose complete motivation next season like Madrid for all we know at this point, all we can do is have a team capable of winning like Leicester did if teams f**k up.

A lot of our players will not go to the world cup or be starters we need to use that to our advantage , if we have a good pre season, if we can add another few players that prob won't feature at the world cup, manolas, nzonzi, Malcolm we could cause an upset.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
User avatar
Marsbar100
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9003
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Ach » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Yeah not worried about City long term

Pep has proven to be a mental failure wherever hes been and it'll be the same again. Clubs just need to be patient. Would not be surprised at all if hes gone by this time next year flying off to USA cos hes been mentally f***ked again by superior managers

As long as they dont get a good manager in to replace him, City arent a long term threat

However we arent winning the title next season whether we have a new manager or not. The damage done by Arsene is immense and will take years to fix
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11092
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:19 pm

Ach wrote:Yeah not worried about City long term

Pep has proven to be a mental failure wherever hes been and it'll be the same again. Clubs just need to be patient. Would not be surprised at all if hes gone by this time next year flying off to USA cos hes been mentally f***ked again by superior managers

As long as they dont get a good manager in to replace him, City arent a long term threat

However we arent winning the title next season whether we have a new manager or not. The damage done by Arsene is immense and will take years to fix

We got the best front 2 in the pl, mkhy is class ramsey is class, front end is there although we do need a good wide player, we just need to add stability, obviously wenger can't be trusted to do that but the team isn't far away, in the pl you have to earn the right to play, we can't show our attack of until we earn the right to play.

We lost against spurs because we let kane and dembele do what they want, kos and our midfield were to scared to physically challenge them get a few players in that aren't scared and the team changes completely
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
User avatar
Marsbar100
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9003
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 pm

theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:It's the Wonger 'culture' that's the problem .... top managers WILL NOT carry players like Ozil and Mkhi and certainly not two in the same side, it's no surprise they've both ended up filling their bank accounts at Arsenal ... both excellent individual players but neither great team players, especially when the going gets tough ....

Huh ??? How can you say Ozil is not a great team player ? Ozil is the epitome of a team player, he needs a team to be able to perform, he is not a Sanchez who is like a one man wrecking ball. When the team is shit Ozil is shit. When the team is good Ozil is exceptional. Maybe I misinterpreted your meaning. top managers have never needed to carry Ozil because he has performed at the highest level winning the biggest trophies and doing it producing record numbers.

Its only this fuckwit Wenger that can't get the best out of him - and yet Ozil produces record numbers in spite of this.


Just not true .... Ozil is a truly 'world class' player but there was a reason Real let him go, just as there was a reason top clubs were not fighting over him in January .... in dominant sides Germany, RM, Arsenal against weaker opposition Ozil is your main man, he will rack up the assists all season long .... however in a hard fought 'battle' for Germany, RM, Arsenal then Ozil has a nasty habit of disappearing from view ....

2010 his breakout tournament brilliant until meeting Spain in the semis, at Real fabulous numbers but replaced by Modric a player who never goes missing, and in the NLD last weekend, would you rather have had Eriksen or Ozil? that's just no contest ....

We pay him 350k a week, allegedly, that's Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar money ... players who win you games when the chips are down ... as good as he undoubtedly is that's not Ozil ...

Wonger may be a shite tactician, but when it comes to Ozil all the top managers would seem to steer clear ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3541
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Andrew wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Ahhh so when his job is on the line all of a sudden he cares about winning?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -decision/


Winning the EL or not will have no impact whatsoever on Wenger's future


They've stated in several articles this morning that Gazidis has been speaking with Kroenke about Wenger's situation if we don't make the CL and don't want to go another season risking being out.

It seems Kroenke is missing his CL money.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19209
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Andrew » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:36 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:It's the Wonger 'culture' that's the problem .... top managers WILL NOT carry players like Ozil and Mkhi and certainly not two in the same side, it's no surprise they've both ended up filling their bank accounts at Arsenal ... both excellent individual players but neither great team players, especially when the going gets tough ....

Huh ??? How can you say Ozil is not a great team player ? Ozil is the epitome of a team player, he needs a team to be able to perform, he is not a Sanchez who is like a one man wrecking ball. When the team is shit Ozil is shit. When the team is good Ozil is exceptional. Maybe I misinterpreted your meaning. top managers have never needed to carry Ozil because he has performed at the highest level winning the biggest trophies and doing it producing record numbers.

Its only this fuckwit Wenger that can't get the best out of him - and yet Ozil produces record numbers in spite of this.


Just not true .... Ozil is a truly 'world class' player but there was a reason Real let him go, just as there was a reason top clubs were not fighting over him in January .... in dominant sides Germany, RM, Arsenal against weaker opposition Ozil is your main man, he will rack up the assists all season long .... however in a hard fought 'battle' for Germany, RM, Arsenal then Ozil has a nasty habit of disappearing from view ....

2010 his breakout tournament brilliant until meeting Spain in the semis, at Real fabulous numbers but replaced by Modric a player who never goes missing, and in the NLD last weekend, would you rather have had Eriksen or Ozil? that's just no contest ....

We pay him 350k a week, allegedly, that's Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar money ... players who win you games when the chips are down ... as good as he undoubtedly is that's not Ozil ...

Wonger may be a shite tactician, but when it comes to Ozil all the top managers would seem to steer clear ......


Probably your best post so far .

Any manager that replaces Wenger will get rid of Ozil sooner or later if he wants to take the next step.
Making good men better----->PM
User avatar
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:42 pm

We can't even reach top four, but we need to get rid of Ozil to win the title.
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Andrew » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Its not like we will just get rid of him. We will replace him and thus completely change our structure and the way we play.

Building the team around Ozil hasn't worked . Time to move on
Making good men better----->PM
User avatar
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Sims » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Messi is on €1.4m a week. £350k p/w is the going rate for world class players below the Messi Ronaldo & Neymar bracket, which our Mesut is
Image
User avatar
Sims
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 29255
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby theHotHead » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
Sims wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
Sims wrote:We should be building for 4/5 years time cause that’s hopefully when City’s league dominance comes to an end when Pep leaves

You have to aim to win it every year, have a squad that at least looks like it can win it, of course if city go and get 90-100 points you have to hold your hands up and acknowledge they are better.

We aren't that far away from having a squad that looks serious, we don't need to plan for 5 years time.


And I think City will do that now for as long as Pep stays im afraid. We should be hoovering up 20-24 y/o’s for the next few years to capitalise once he fucks off


They could win the cl and just lose complete motivation next season like Madrid for all we know at this point, all we can do is have a team capable of winning like Leicester did if teams f**k up.

A lot of our players will not go to the world cup or be starters we need to use that to our advantage , if we have a good pre season, if we can add another few players that prob won't feature at the world cup, manolas, nzonzi, Malcolm we could cause an upset.

Never gonna happen with Pep in charge, the guy is relentless and will not accept failure.
User avatar
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby theHotHead » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:30 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:It's the Wonger 'culture' that's the problem .... top managers WILL NOT carry players like Ozil and Mkhi and certainly not two in the same side, it's no surprise they've both ended up filling their bank accounts at Arsenal ... both excellent individual players but neither great team players, especially when the going gets tough ....

Huh ??? How can you say Ozil is not a great team player ? Ozil is the epitome of a team player, he needs a team to be able to perform, he is not a Sanchez who is like a one man wrecking ball. When the team is shit Ozil is shit. When the team is good Ozil is exceptional. Maybe I misinterpreted your meaning. top managers have never needed to carry Ozil because he has performed at the highest level winning the biggest trophies and doing it producing record numbers.

Its only this fuckwit Wenger that can't get the best out of him - and yet Ozil produces record numbers in spite of this.


Just not true .... Ozil is a truly 'world class' player but there was a reason Real let him go, just as there was a reason top clubs were not fighting over him in January .... in dominant sides Germany, RM, Arsenal against weaker opposition Ozil is your main man, he will rack up the assists all season long .... however in a hard fought 'battle' for Germany, RM, Arsenal then Ozil has a nasty habit of disappearing from view ....

2010 his breakout tournament brilliant until meeting Spain in the semis, at Real fabulous numbers but replaced by Modric a player who never goes missing, and in the NLD last weekend, would you rather have had Eriksen or Ozil? that's just no contest ....

We pay him 350k a week, allegedly, that's Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar money ... players who win you games when the chips are down ... as good as he undoubtedly is that's not Ozil ...

Wonger may be a shite tactician, but when it comes to Ozil all the top managers would seem to steer clear ......

You are welcome to your opinion but you won't be surprised to see I disagree with it entirely. There was a reason Barca let Neymar go. There was a reason Spurs let Bale go. There was a reason Man U let Ronaldo go. There is a reason all clubs let their best players go and it aint because the player is unmanageable or not good enough. The rest of your post makes no sense, you talk about Madrid replacing Ozil with Modric, no they didn't, they play totally different roles.

Modric has scored 13 goals and provided 35 assists during his time at Real Madrid. 18,484 mins played.
Ozil scored 27 goals and provided 81 assists. during his time at Real Madrid. 11,377 mins played.

You are regurgitating the same crap that others that don't get it regurgitate. Ozil is not the type of player to carry teams, he does not have that fire, that drive, that leadership quality to lift a team. So saying he is somehow a lesser player because of it - yet he has record stats in every league he has played in, cuts no ice.
User avatar
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Sims wrote:Messi is on €1.4m a week. £350k p/w is the going rate for world class players below the Messi Ronaldo & Neymar bracket, which our Mesut is

Made sense for us to pay it as it would cost us more replacing him, not sure anyone else would pay him near that outside China, probably only United.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
User avatar
Marsbar100
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9003
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:50 pm

theHotHead wrote: You are welcome to your opinion but you won't be surprised to see I disagree with it entirely. There was a reason Barca let Neymar go. There was a reason Spurs let Bale go. There was a reason Man U let Ronaldo go. There is a reason all clubs let their best players go and it aint because the player is unmanageable or not good enough. The rest of your post makes no sense, you talk about Madrid replacing Ozil with Modric, no they didn't, they play totally different roles.

Modric has scored 13 goals and provided 35 assists during his time at Real Madrid. 18,484 mins played.
Ozil scored 27 goals and provided 81 assists. during his time at Real Madrid. 11,377 mins played.

You are regurgitating the same crap that others that don't get it regurgitate. Ozil is not the type of player to carry teams, he does not have that fire, that drive, that leadership quality to lift a team. So saying he is somehow a lesser player because of it - yet he has record stats in every league he has played in, cuts no ice.


Neymar, Bale, Ronaldo all moved for money .... either PR money, club money, or personal gain .... no problem with any of that, every big club loses/gains top players ....

I'm not saying 'let Ozil go' far from it, if you look at the Ozil thread you will see I've supported him endlessly .... this thread is not about Ozil but about Wonger and his failure to create a team, a squad, or the tactics where we will see the benefit of Ozil ....

He needs to play free role with two sound defensive midfield players behind him, we haven't had that since we signed him .... he will never carry a team through tough games, RM let him go not because he was a 'bad player' but because he didn't fit the manager's dynamic .... to quote Ozil 'I did not have the faith from the coach or the bosses'

Hindsight is obviously easy but who the feck thought playing two 'can't fight they're way out of a wet paper bag' creative attacking players against a spuds side that can only play one way, was ever going to work? when you're in a fight you need fighters not ballet dancers however good at ballet they might be ....

FYI - As you rightly point out Modric is in a whole different class to Ozil (and pretty much everyone else) he's a central midfielder not the same as Ozil so their stats will obviously be very different ....

As I said this is the Wonger thread .... I'm not bashing Ozil nor for one second suggesting he should go, he is by far our best player on his day .... what I am saying is that Wonger hasn't a feckin' clue how to get the best from him, or indeed from the entire squad .... Wonger is and has been the problem for a very long time, Ozil is just his latest victim .....

Wonger got away with square pegs in round holes when the opposition managers were all cigar smoking, wine swilling, egotists .... now he's faced with pragmatic, focused, highly professional managers that just won't work anymore .... Mourinho is having the same struggles but at least he's attempting to adapt (selling Mkhi and dropping Pogba) ... Wonger is away with the fairies, spending millions on square pegs when we have a whole row of empty round holes .... we need to get him gone
Last edited by EliteKiller on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3541
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:56 pm

EK, I think the issue is the people behind our front three. We can get away with Mkhi and Ozil behind Auba, but we can't get away with a three man midfielder of Wilshere, Xhaka and Elneny.

It's all on the manager here. Yes, Ozil and Mkhi feels like overkill, but City are running away with it while playing KdB and Silva, and at times having Jesus and Aguero on the pitch alongside them
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

PreviousNext

Return to Past competitions and posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BLEXBot [Crawler] and 0 guests