General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:54 pm

christ - turned out to be a cock up but people in hawaii just all shat themselves at half time in the football

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/952246857933221888
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:56 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:Mostly agreeing with Callum

:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

tbf one of the key fuckbags has gone but him and callum were best buds on here loooool

now just need GA to grow up and it'd be alright again ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Callum wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Really struggling to pick a POTY.

Activity around here has waned drastically due to the state of the club.

While I've been wracking my brain trying to choose someone it's reminded me of so many great memebers who have given up or post sporadically at best.

Off the top of my head Dai Dillenger, Mecurial Gooner, Fenice, DenisE, Dubs4Sam, Callum, Brandon, ThisisnotanID, Pudpop, ESFSAFC, Ivan Itchybumn, Git, UFGN, ThereisBearCum, and Est.83 are all top posters whose presence has decreased or vanished altogether over the last year or so.

It's depressing tbh, the board used to have so much more vitality.

Shout out to all the real ones who are still here keeping the forum alive. <3

For me it's been two things.

As you said, the state of the club is one thing. Moving away and being in another time zone has been part of me being less incentivised to watch and happier to miss games, but the state of the club has had a big effect. I just don't care anymore, or at least nowhere near as much as I did. I'm not angry or sad, just numb to it all until things change for the better. There's so little to be excited about and I just don't feel it's worth my time.

The second reason is that this place is riddled with antagonism that I just can't deal with. I was part of that for a long time so am not pointing the finger, but when you detach yourself for a few months then come back and try and engage in some debates it becomes so apparent. Over the past few months I've dipped in and out to read and occasionally post and it staggers me sometimes how vitriolic and petty people on here can be to each other (and again, I did it myself many times over the years). When I bring myself to read something and potentially get involved, I realised that I just cannot be bothered with it. There's little in the way of discourse on this forum, much of the fun has gone and it's become a place where one-upping another member has become more important than having a healthy debate. It's sad, really, because I used to love this place and remember when that wasn't the case. I know the Wenger debate has been a big factor and we're all sick of how things are at Arsenal, which fuels the vitriol, but it doesn't half become clear when you remove yourself from this forum and detach yourself emotionally from the state of the club - it's just not worth the time, effort and emotion.

I hope in the next year or two things change and as the fanbase as a whole becomes more optimistic, this forum will too and the healthy, fun debates that were prominent here return. I can't see myself being anything other than a casual onlooker until then though.

Great post [emoji106]
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:36 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Off the top of my head Dai Dillenger, Mecurial Gooner, Fenice, DenisE, Dubs4Sam, Callum, Brandon, ThisisnotanID, Pudpop, ESFSAFC, Ivan Itchybumn, Git, UFGN, ThereisBearCum, and Est.83 are all top posters whose presence has decreased or vanished altogether over the last year or so.

Just to add:
Jay22
Inchpractice
GSK_AFC
Little_Mozart
Cynical_gooner
Git
Maxduke
Yorkyblue
Cheese
Leody
GunnGunn
Mg86
absolutely_fabregas
yosifun
Golfinguy
AZgooner
VCC
Liamcork

Perhaps Trina should sent a mail to people that havent logged in for over 6months? Might get some quality posters back
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:39 pm

BRING BACK YORKY FFS BEST POSTER EVER!
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:45 pm

Dejan wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Off the top of my head Dai Dillenger, Mecurial Gooner, Fenice, DenisE, Dubs4Sam, Callum, Brandon, ThisisnotanID, Pudpop, ESFSAFC, Ivan Itchybumn, Git, UFGN, ThereisBearCum, and Est.83 are all top posters whose presence has decreased or vanished altogether over the last year or so.

Just to add:
Jay22
Inchpractice
GSK_AFC
Little_Mozart
Cynical_gooner
Git
Maxduke
Yorkyblue
Cheese
Leody
GunnGunn
Mg86
absolutely_fabregas
yosifun
Golfinguy
AZgooner
VCC
Liamcork

Perhaps Trina should sent a mail to people that havent logged in for over 6months? Might get some quality posters back

I'd be embarrassed for them to see the state of the forum tbh
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby UFGN » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Massa wrote:
Dejan wrote:

Just to add:
Jay22
Inchpractice
GSK_AFC
Little_Mozart
Cynical_gooner
Git
Maxduke
Yorkyblue
Cheese
Leody
GunnGunn
Mg86
absolutely_fabregas
yosifun
Golfinguy
AZgooner
VCC
Liamcork

I'd be embarrassed for them to see the state of the forum tbh

You have more ability to do something about it than most.

When the forum was at its best the mods in charge of it dealt with trouble makers
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:35 am

Its not that bad on here atm, I think some of you are exaggerating.

In the "Golden old days" you had people like Kyle and Propa_Nutcase posting here so its not like it never had trolls and people who got into beefs.

At one point I think it got a bit out of hand but the Mods have banned people etc so its relatively calm here at the moment ......... even GA has ceased trolling which is a miracle in itself.

I honestly think people are just p*ssed off and fed up with AFC at the moment, AFC is not exactly bringing good vibes and banter is it.

As DT on AFTV likes to call it, its toxic atm.

UFGN even threatened to start following Leighton Orient or whoever it was and that was way before it got quiet around here.

When Arsene steps down I think it'll brighten up, as for trolls etc name and shame them then? I don't think there are many left so ................ :dontknow:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:46 pm

No 2017 members award edition?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:33 pm

Don't really know where to post this so here will do. I'm speechless.

Someone leaked a video of Sanchez taking a shower.

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:58 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Rastayouth » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:51 pm

Putting this out there as UFGN mentioned it in another thread: London is definitely one of my top cities for living/party balance. Not done Eastern Europe/Nordics yet but smashes US (liquor laws closing clubs early) and large Asian cities for me. Seoul last year off the hook but still a smidgen of racism here and there. Be interesting to hear some fellow members' favourite places so I can sort out a holiday.
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:12 pm

Rastayouth wrote:Putting this out there as UFGN mentioned it in another thread: London is definitely one of my top cities for living/party balance. Not done Eastern Europe/Nordics yet but smashes US (liquor laws closing clubs early) and large Asian cities for me. Seoul last year off the hook but still a smidgen of racism here and there. Be interesting to hear some fellow members' favourite places so I can sort out a holiday.

I'm a big one for going "Out, out" and do it most weekends unless I'm tied down with a ball & chain.

For me ....... honestly, I prefer the towns, or up north like Manchester, I find women particularly from Manchester seem to find me attractive for whatever reason, and I mean hot Manchester girls actually approach me which is nice.

London for me is just too big, too hectic, I like a bit of a more community atmosphere where you bump into people you know in the bars and clubs, its easier to network when its like that.

Its why when I lived in Stoke Newington I always when I turned 16, used to fk off to places like Enfield to party, girls were much hotter up there, I'm glad to be out of London tbh, could use a visit soon though I recon, been a while.

Essex was actually a top laugh, Sugar Hut surprised me actually, really good night in there, weird set up though, all the little towns in Essex have like 3-4 bars each so you end up taxi hopping everywhere.

Ibiza was cool, never seen so many hot birds in one place but I struggled little bit because I don't do drugs I'm just a drinker, all my mates as soon as we got there turned into the left over cast of Train spotting and were doing pills every fkin day so it was hard work keeping up with beer and tequila shots.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rastayouth » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:18 pm

You're definitely on to something about the hotter up north vibe. Went uni in Leeds. One of the best decisions I've made.
Surprisingly still haven't done a night out in Essex yet. Might line up a summer flex to Sugar Hut.
Ditto on the no-drug vibe. Hence why I could never get into the trance/house scene.
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:32 pm

Rastayouth wrote:You're definitely on to something about the hotter up north vibe. Went uni in Leeds. One of the best decisions I've made.
Surprisingly still haven't done a night out in Essex yet. Might line up a summer flex to Sugar Hut.
Ditto on the no-drug vibe. Hence why I could never get into the trance/house scene.

Yeah girls up north I find are just more down to earth, even the hot ones, just nicer to speak to and if they like you they're not scared to let you know.

Def recommend Essex, we went up on my mates stag doo, I had a cold all weekend and still felt it was one of the best weekends I've had which is an achievement in itself because I've had loads.
Women were surprisingly friendly even the ones dressed to the 9's, had this group of girls just tag on to us all night.
We smashed it in Sugar Hut, had a booth with about 11 of us, loads of Champagne and drinks included which was great.
If you ever do go, have pre-drinks in the Slug n Lettuce opposite, was really good in there, everyone drinks there first then crosses the road to Sugar Hut when the doors open, good way to meet people before you go to the main club.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee