January Transfer Window 2018

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: January Transfer Window 2018

Postby Zenith » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:26 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:Add in wages, and you realise how much cost cutting has been done

Nearly half a million in weekly wages. :crazy:

and that's without including players who went out on loan.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Tubbs » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Yeah if we make no signings then it’s been good business for the cash cows plenty of money made to line their pockets, I honestly can’t see the fans putting up with no signings lol imagine if that happened...
Tubbs
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:07 pm

All this talk of auba, Malcolm mkhitariyian.

I'm reasonably certain that in 2 weeks we will end up with no additions or 1 straight trash deadwood we will struggle to offload within a year or two.

Sanchez at man u, ozil into the final stretch and no clue how to move forward for the rest of the season.

Previously, we could still draw the big names even though we successfully avoided to.

We are now at a stage where we feared we would be once we lost top 4. Ie in spurs and Liverpool's old position where they had to throw elite money at good players instead of elite money on elite players.

My only positive is I think I can hold on through the next 18 months in hope that milenstat is still here to scout he best youngsters while the new manager forces the issue with the board to add the big guns to get us to where we were supposed to be since the invincibles.

I've got no confidence in these clowns getting us out of this window in a better position than we came in.

And yes, that includes Sanchez gone and 3 top game changers minimum in.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Lucas Moura has apparently agreed to join spurs and the fee is set to be around 25M, can't believe we aren't all over that considering he's only 25 years old easily would have been and upgrade on Walcott and Iwobi, watch him reignite his career now.

Assuming we fail to get Aubameyang our attack with Mkhi and Moura in the side would have been better than the start of the season...

Mkhi------------Lacazatte-----------Moura

-----------------------Ozil-------------------------

Would have been an amazing attack with Laca firing on all cylinders
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby PairyGrows » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:44 pm

Let's make no bones about it; the transfer window has not gone well. We've lost our best player and replaced him with an arguably inferior player. Our squad is now weaker than it was at the start of the season. I can't bring myself to being positive about the window.

Well, there' a silver lining - slight as it may be. We've offloaded some deadwood (Walcott and Coquelin). It's great we've finally been able to shift some of these lads on.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby indy23 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:52 pm

PairyGrows wrote:Let's make no bones about it; the transfer window has not gone well. We've lost our best player and replaced him with an arguably inferior player. Our squad is now weaker than it was at the start of the season. I can't bring myself to being positive about the window.

Well, there' a silver lining - slight as it may be. We've offloaded some deadwood (Walcott and Coquelin). It's great we've finally been able to shift some of these lads on.

Fans will be worse than before. All it will take is a poor loss.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:29 pm

PairyGrows wrote:Let's make no bones about it; the transfer window has not gone well. We've lost our best player and replaced him with an arguably inferior player. Our squad is now weaker than it was at the start of the season. I can't bring myself to being positive about the window.

Those lads need replacing. And they were both good servants to the club and ruined by an incompetent manager.

I'd rather have Coquelin anchoring midfield than Elneny and Xhaka and Walcott on the wing than Iwobi.

Its been a catastrophic window so far.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:38 pm

"... and 3 top game changers minimum in.'

no club will do this , Zed... thats just not realistic.

not bolloxing it all up and getting auba WAS/IS realistic and that NOT done, is a phukng shame...

owners using AFC as an ATM... so sad
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:52 pm

huh?

just saw daily star saying done deal (Auba), in last 30 mins...

???? anybody?
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yago » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:53 pm

daily star nuff said
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:12 pm

being a Yank i have yet to identify bad sources, therefore I asked...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby PairyGrows » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:14 am

According to my calculations, we've made £50 million in the transfer market. There's something going on here. Are we in dire need of money? Has falling out of top four been this disastrous to us financially? Is all this selling going to offset the cost of missing out on the Champions League?

Nevertheless, I find the situation very worrying. We have to rebuild the squad next summer if we want to get back into the top four next season. If there's no money; we won't rebuild and we'll continue sliding further away from the top six.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:32 am

GunnGunn wrote:

Those lads need replacing. And they were both good servants to the club and ruined by an incompetent manager.

I'd rather have Coquelin anchoring midfield than Elneny and Xhaka and Walcott on the wing than Iwobi.

Did we really expect anything else ?
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Nuggets wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:

Did we really expect anything else ?
Of course not...but this bad? If we get PEA we're heading in the right direction.

They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby RW_0 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:42 pm

we've lost our best player, this window has been awful.
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill