General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:18 pm

lmao at including Mercurial Gooner in a top posters list :rofll:

maybe in terms of quantity
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:22 pm

Just vote Sims. Easily the best poster ;)
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:58 pm

When you mentioned "Ivan Itchybumn" I literally shuddered.

That was one poster who was the chalk to my cheese, the cat to my mouse, Yin to my Yang.

I just couldn't hack that guy, even when we were being civil he just grated me inside, polar opposites.

Who was that other poster who was like Zedie and Callum's best mate, I believe he was South african and posted a lot, fk can't remember his name! it used to give him a boner to disagree with me for some reason.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:41 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:When you mentioned "Ivan Itchybumn" I literally shuddered.

That was one poster who was the chalk to my cheese, the cat to my mouse, Yin to my Yang.

I just couldn't hack that guy, even when we were being civil he just grated me inside, polar opposites.

Who was that other poster who was like Zedie and Callum's best mate, I believe he was South african and posted a lot, fk can't remember his name! it used to give him a boner to disagree with me for some reason.

Maradona guy was a straight up GOAT poster.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Ivan <3

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:33 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Omphi who later changed his name to Apollo.

Was obsessed with arguing about semantics.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:31 pm

The state of the club sporting wise, the lack of ambition from the hierarchy and the manager, players giving zero fecks is reflected across football forums. Fans are frustrated and alienated with the way football is being run at AFC. The club needs to wake up and show it is there to compete for top honors and not just there to make up numbers. Till there is a drastic change in the way the club is run, the lack of interest from the fans is only going to increase.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:11 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Omphi who later changed his name to Apollo.

Was obsessed with arguing about semantics.

That's the one.

I'm surprised he doesn't post here .......... unless he got sick of losing debates to me over time.

It does effect your insecurities to be wrong so often. :lol:

Nah, he was ok. ;)

Remember - Kyle

lol the Mods worst nightmare.

Tell you who I do actually genuinely miss is "Salt & Wenger fan" lol, remember when Massa made him post topless nude pics of himself to get out of being banned :rofll:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:31 pm

Massa blackmailed him?

S&W, if you're reading this and have a shit ton of money (And Massa has a shit ton of money), call me at 111-RENT-A-LAWYER and I'll fight your case for you
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:43 pm

Fun vacations
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:58 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Really struggling to pick a POTY.

Activity around here has waned drastically due to the state of the club.

While I've been wracking my brain trying to choose someone it's reminded me of so many great memebers who have given up or post sporadically at best.

Off the top of my head Dai Dillenger, Mecurial Gooner, Fenice, DenisE, Dubs4Sam, Callum, Brandon, ThisisnotanID, Pudpop, ESFSAFC, Ivan Itchybumn, Git, UFGN, ThereisBearCum, and Est.83 are all top posters whose presence has decreased or vanished altogether over the last year or so.

It's depressing tbh, the board used to have so much more vitality.

Shout out to all the real ones who are still here keeping the forum alive. <3

For me it's been two things.

As you said, the state of the club is one thing. Moving away and being in another time zone has been part of me being less incentivised to watch and happier to miss games, but the state of the club has had a big effect. I just don't care anymore, or at least nowhere near as much as I did. I'm not angry or sad, just numb to it all until things change for the better. There's so little to be excited about and I just don't feel it's worth my time.

The second reason is that this place is riddled with antagonism that I just can't deal with. I was part of that for a long time so am not pointing the finger, but when you detach yourself for a few months then come back and try and engage in some debates it becomes so apparent. Over the past few months I've dipped in and out to read and occasionally post and it staggers me sometimes how vitriolic and petty people on here can be to each other (and again, I did it myself many times over the years). When I bring myself to read something and potentially get involved, I realised that I just cannot be bothered with it. There's little in the way of discourse on this forum, much of the fun has gone and it's become a place where one-upping another member has become more important than having a healthy debate. It's sad, really, because I used to love this place and remember when that wasn't the case. I know the Wenger debate has been a big factor and we're all sick of how things are at Arsenal, which fuels the vitriol, but it doesn't half become clear when you remove yourself from this forum and detach yourself emotionally from the state of the club - it's just not worth the time, effort and emotion.

I hope in the next year or two things change and as the fanbase as a whole becomes more optimistic, this forum will too and the healthy, fun debates that were prominent here return. I can't see myself being anything other than a casual onlooker until then though.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:23 pm

Mostly agreeing with Callum

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Well said, C.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:44 pm

too long didnt read tbh
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:42 pm

A real fan takes the rough with the smooth.

I always knew Calum was a soft shite.

Go eat your prawn sandwiches in whatever country your residing in.

Edit: ............ yes I'm joking before Calum gives me a full on sermon. X
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee