Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby coach8smallball » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:33 am

i'd like to see him get a full 90 in. not trying to make excuses, but with each sub you can see it on his face.

once again, wenger is on his way to ruining a bloke's confidence.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby CaptGooner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:18 am

Angelito wrote:I wonder how long it will take before people realize that Wenger is the problem.

Jeez.

This is the reason why I don't want any top quality player or a highly talented youngster to join Arsenal as long as Wenger is here. No Malcolm, no Lemar, no anyone. Just stay away. It would be fatal to play under a delusional and obsessive Wenger - for a club with no ambition where shills like John Cross act as the voice of reason and "customers" parade their "rationality/neutrality" by being sympathetic towards the "situation" - acting oblivious of the countless times Arsenal have screwed up this decade.

Frankly, Arsenal fans are amongst the most spineless lot of fans. No, I'm not talking about those redundant protests. We simply are masters of finding excuses for everything and anything that goes on inside Arsenal.

This. I don’t want anymore ‘top’ signings as long as Wenger remains.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:22 pm

Dejan wrote:I wonder how long it will take before people realise that lacazette is not as good as they hoped.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

I knew what to expect before we signed him, I even said at the time we really need Laca and another better striker.

Its not our fault Wenger lost interest in top strikers after RVP left, like goals aren't important or something?

I also think some people are expecting too much, if you were thinking he was some Suarez or Henry then you were on your own, it doesn't mean we thought that either, we're just hoping on a more complete striker than Giroud.

Again as stated Lacazette has a great eye for goal and his shooting is always on target, he's also got a decent football brain.

Its down to the manager to make sure we have the players to put him through.

AOL was our only chance and now that's in tatters, that pr*ck of a manger has also only played AOL for a handful of games .......... disgusting.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:24 pm

I love the "Get a better striker" theory that's been on this place for so long. I'd love to see Suarez, Lewandowski up front, but we've got a team that can't cross, a team that can't play balls in behind, a team that can't even play an early long ball for a player to chase. So what exactly will changing the striker do?

Yesterday, we could have had Messi or Ronaldo upfront and done nothing because we created ZILCH.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:I love the "Get a better striker" theory that's been on this place for so long. I'd love to see Suarez, Lewandowski up front, but we've got a team that can't cross, a team that can't play balls in behind, a team that can't even play an early long ball for a player to chase. So what exactly will changing the striker do?

Yesterday, we could have had Messi or Ronaldo upfront and done nothing because we created ZILCH.

But that's the whole point.

If we're gonna play as crap as we've been playing the only type of striker that would make a difference is a WC striker that A) we can't afford, B) wouldn't lower themselves to come to a club in our state anyway.

We can't even keep the fkin top players we have.

That new manager can't come soon enough for me, Wenger has long outstayed his welcome.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:I love the "Get a better striker" theory that's been on this place for so long. I'd love to see Suarez, Lewandowski up front, but we've got a team that can't cross, a team that can't play balls in behind, a team that can't even play an early long ball for a player to chase. So what exactly will changing the striker do?

But that's the whole point.

If we're gonna play as crap as we've been playing the only type of striker that would make a difference is a WC striker that A) we can't afford, B) wouldn't lower themselves to come to a club in our state anyway.

We can't even keep the fkin top players we have.

That new manager can't come soon enough for me, Wenger has long outstayed his welcome.

Same

If it carries on like this, we'll be remembering the days when we had an elite striker like Giroud or Lacazette upfront in the PL

While being in League 1
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 pm

he ballooned that shot terribly... and it's sad to see him so low on confidence...

that said, yeah, we dont feed him enough...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:20 pm

So.. apparently we have the best cam in ozil in the world and the next xabi alonso according to our some fans.. but yet we cant are not capable of crossing or putting balls behind the defence. Im not a big fan of either xhaka or ozil, but they damn well know how to cut the defense in half.

Stop making excuses for lacazette please. I agree that his service lacks if we play with iwobi or wellbeck but that does not take away that his movement at times is very poor and he IS getting chances but not putting tjem.in the back of the net.

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Dejan wrote:

So.. apparently we have the best cam in ozil in the world and the next xabi alonso according to our some fans.. but yet we cant are not capable of crossing or putting balls behind the defence. Im not a big fan of either xhaka or ozil, but they damn well know how to cut the defense in half.

Stop making excuses for lacazette please. I agree that his service lacks if we play with iwobi or wellbeck but that does not take away that his movement at times is very poor and he IS getting chances but not putting tjem.in the back of the net.

Xhaka, the new Xabi Alonso......... :hail:
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Shoutout to main man Sims

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:49 pm

*gunfingers in the rave*
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:19 pm

I feel like laca is legit depressed lol
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Dejan wrote:I wonder how long it will take before people realise that lacazette is not as good as they hoped.

I knew what to expect before we signed him, I even said at the time we really need Laca and another better striker.

Its not our fault Wenger lost interest in top strikers after RVP left, like goals aren't important or something?

I also think some people are expecting too much, if you were thinking he was some Suarez or Henry then you were on your own, it doesn't mean we thought that either, we're just hoping on a more complete striker than Giroud.

Again as stated Lacazette has a great eye for goal and his shooting is always on target, he's also got a decent football brain.

Its down to the manager to make sure we have the players to put him through.

AOL was our only chance and now that's in tatters, that pr*ck of a manger has also only played AOL for a handful of games .......... disgusting.

Scored more goals last season than we had in the last 7 seasons
Scored less goals than the 77 we got last season in title winning seasons 88/89, 90/91,97/98 and 03/04
It's keeping them out that's the problem
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 pm

More great player management from Wenger.

Broken down its ......... "Yeah he's frustrated, but errhm, who cares?

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/12/arsene-we ... l-7224163/
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:14 pm

he's confident he'll find his goal scoring touch again... shrug...

hope so.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to World Football