Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:20 pm

He sees City waltzing to the title and knows he could've been part of that.

Also, he has no World Cup to look forward to.

His motivation is zero.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:38 pm

Sims wrote:Wilsh having a go at him all the way into the dressing room

Reckon he’s gonna go in january

Who, Wilshere or Sanchez lol, add Ozil to that list.

What sort of fkin state are we in when all our best skilled players have exit signs over their heads.

Imagine our squad come end of January with no Wilshere, Ozil or Sanchez?

We'd have become Stoke FC over night, fkin horrendous.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Who, Wilshere or Sanchez lol, add Ozil to that list.

What sort of fkin state are we in when all our best skilled players have exit signs over their heads.

Imagine our squad come end of January with no Wilshere, Ozil or Sanchez?

We'd have become Stoke FC over night, fkin horrendous.

BELLERIN WITH THE LONG THROW TO GIROUD, FLICKED ON FOR LACAZETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARSENAL 1-0

BELLERIN CROSSES, GIROUD HEADS IT TOWARDS CROUCH AND IT'S IN! PETER CROUCH FOR ARSENAL! (Imagine Bellerin actually crossing though)

LONG BALL TOWARDS GIROUD, FLICKED ON FOR LACAZETTE! STOKESENAL SCORE!
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:06 pm

gooney wrote:

he is our best player by far...take him out and we are southampton level. It was his cross that got us the point. Sanchez is the only player in the team who tries to do something. If I was him I would just focus on 100% pass completion and take zero risks. Something arsenal fans love

I agree. Whether Ozil or Alexis, they're head and shoulders above most players we've had in the Emirates era - let alone this poverty-infiltrated squad.

Arsenal fans, in general - a generalization - love sexy football with no end product, with no trophies. I'm sorry to generalize. But that's my observation. The FA Cups mean f**k all to many Gooners. It's all about sexy football and no trophies.

He scored 30 goals and racked up 15 assists last season. Put that into perspective.

Jeez.

Va-Va-Voom wrote:He sees City waltzing to the title and knows he could've been part of that.

Also, he has no World Cup to look forward to.

His motivation is zero.

He's still been our most productive player.

The fault, as usual, rests on Wenger. If Wenger wanted him to see out his contract, he shouldn't have accepted City's last-ditch bid. Alexis made it clear that he doesn't want to be here at Arsenal. Wenger preached the entire summer that Alexis will stay and on deadline day, he accept City's offer - only to reject it again. The hell.

Unlike Ozil, who wants to stay in London, Alexis had no such motivation. We should have sold him to Bayern for whatever it was they were offering.

Of course, personally, I'd rather he left for free next summer. I like Alexis. I admire him more than most Gunners since we moved to the Emirates. He's not homegrown. We didn't buy him when he was unknown. But he's shown so much more professionalism than Arsenal homegrown players, or players who owe their careers to Arsene Wenger.

He's still one of our best players, and alongside Ozil, two of the best players we've had this decade. I don't understand why people are sour. If not Alexis and Ozil, we'd have Welbeck, Theo, Iwobi, Xhaka, Ramsey (who can be great but Wenger's not the guy to bring the best out of him), etc. as our star players.

Recently, I've been convinced that most Gooners care more about our reputation as sexy than winning trophies or challenging for the title.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:13 pm

If we were able to bring in Lemar/Fekir then I wouldn’t mind selling him

The chances of that though are minimal
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Hmmm. With due respect regards this topic I think many would benefit from going on to some of the Man City sites and gauging their perspective of the matter. Of course and just like ourselves there are a variety of views and aspects, but I think a lot of you will be shocked. Whilst many gooners see him as an exquisite cut diamond, numerous citizens see him more like a sapphire.

I've read a few comments about not liking his attitude and some of his displays of childish pique. A good number do not want him anyway near as they think he will be disruptive if he isn't a first pick and wouldn't put him in ahead of Sane or Sterling in the wide positions or Aguerro or Jesus up top although some see it as a masterstroke in covering Kun's injury problems and avoiding having to depend on Jesus and burning him out but in no scenario I came across does he make it beyond the bench to force any of the above out to be a preferred starter. Sane was deemed the one most vulnerable as plays similar left position but having seen his improvement and greater potential and good fit with the rest of the team especially KDB,Sterling and Silva they want more of him not less. One statement was that had the move happened last summer he would definitely have replaced Sane who was a bit erratic and inconsistent previously, but not now.

They like what they've got going on at City but don't want to become another Chelsea and simply hoard players because they can afford to at the expense of their youth, an issue they feel strongly about. We should have done a straight swap for Sane last summer imo.
Last edited by thebigbangtheo on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:57 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:Hmmm. With due respect regards this topic I think many would benefit from going on to some of the Man City sites and gauging their perspective of the matter. Of course and just like ourselves there are a variety of views and aspects, but I think a lot of you will be shocked. Whilst many gooners see him as an exquisite cut diamond, numerous citizens see him more like a sapphire. I've read a few comments about not liking his attitude and some of his displays of childish pique. A good number do not want him anyway near as they think he will be disruptive if he isn't a first pick and wouldn't put him in ahead of Sane or Sterling in the wide positions or Aguerro or Jesus up top although some see it as a masterstroke in covering Kun's injury problems and avoiding having to depend on Jesus and burning him out but in no scenario I came across does he make it beyond the bench to force any of the above out to be a preferred starter. Sane was deemed the one vulnerable as similar left position but having seen his improvement and greater potential and good fit with the rest of the team especially KDB,Sterling and Silva they want more of him not less. One statement was that had the move happened last summer he would definitely have replaced Sane who was a bit erratic and inconsistent previously, but not now. They like what they've got going on at City but don't want to become another Chelsea and simply hoard players because they can afford to at the expense of their youth, an issue they feel strongly about. We should have done a straight swap for Sane last summer imo.

Yes, Sanchez would not improve City at all. But.....

Sane would not improve us. City are a team that play like a team, within a system. We are a collection of talented individuals and losing Sanchez for Sane would have weakened us. Sane did not improve himself, it was Pep that improved him, and Wenger would never do so at all.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:12 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:

I think he fits us well because no one else creates, but there is no way Pep will stand a winger who loses the ball every 3 minutes on average. The Sanchez move will likely not happen for this reason, and Mourinho ain't going to get a player like that either

Which is why it still baffles me that he wants him. Obviously at City he would release the ball more as his teammates aren't shit (Ramsey) but even so.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:44 pm

he's having a subpar year, for sure.. his dribbles just not coming off...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:52 pm

Throwback to when he burst into all our hearts with one touch

You know, when that goal went in, I thought we'd win the title, we were finally showing mettle against big teams, we would win it this season with Sanchez......

Then we conceded a few minutes later :rofll: :rofll:
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:53 pm

If we got cesc as well even wenger would have won it that year
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Santi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm

been nice having him here anyway but he's f***ing me off now

only shame is I think he'll be the last superstar signing we have for a while, signing him was our real chance to kick on but ofc le prof f***ked it.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:16 am

Mesüt wrote:been nice having him here anyway but he's f***ing me off now

only shame is I think he'll be the last superstar signing we have for a while, signing him was our real chance to kick on but ofc le prof f***ked it.

if Wenger spent the summer 2014 warchest on players even marginally better than Welbeck, Chambers and Debuchy we might actually have won the title in 15/16.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby PairyGrows » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 am

aniym wrote:

if Wenger spent the summer 2014 warchest on players even marginally better than Welbeck, Chambers and Debuchy we might actually have won the title in 15/16.

Imagine signing Lacazette instead of Welbeck, Kolasinac instead of Debuchy and a decent defender instead of Chambers.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby BexleyGooner » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:26 am

I don’t think he will be the last. Under Kroenke we’ve already signed Ozil, Sanchez and Lacazette. There will be other superstar signings and we’ll break our transfer record again. Kroenke isn’t half as tight as people make him out to be. It’s his pandering to Wenger that gets on my tits more than anything.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club