Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Angelito » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:16 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Tell me Welbeck's not your second choice........

True, I prefer Welbeck. Arsenal strikers my preference was Sanchez, Welbeck, Giroud, Walcott.

Now we have Lacazette it is Lacazette, Sanchez, Welbeck, Giroud, Walcott.

Lacca over Alexis ..... hahahahahaha .... you're just trolling ....

Laca as striker over Alexis as striker. Yes.

Would you have Alexis over Ramsey in midfield or Alexis over Mustafi at CB?

I'd have Alexis over Ramsey in midfield.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Kite33 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:31 am

theHotHead wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:Giroud coud have more assists but often let down by teammates who don't score. He is very Creative and has two assists in two Fa cup finals for the winning goal. He is also our best big game player

Who rarely scores if any against the top 4, how does that equate to a big game player?

Lacazette scored in his first top 4 game against City within 10mins of coming on.

It was about time lacazette did not score against Chelsea and Liverpool earlier. Giroud has done it often enough. I know it because i watched it

For the 5th time LACAZETTE DID NOT PLAY AGAINST LIVERPOOL!!

Not at all? I don't remember correctly

62'
Substitution!

Substitution, Arsenal. Alexandre Lacazette replaces Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

So he played 30 minutes. You were lying in my face brother

:rofll:

Laca didn't score in a 30 min cameo against Liverpool and you are complaining, you must have been saved from suicide multiple times when your hero Giroud couldn't score for 10 or so games :hiding:

Or was that "different" :rolleyes:

Lacazette played this is what i was saying, DG said he did not play. It's about the principle...
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:53 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

True, I prefer Welbeck. Arsenal strikers my preference was Sanchez, Welbeck, Giroud, Walcott.

I'd have Alexis >>> Lacca ... Alexis >>>>> Ramsey .... and the feckin' milkman >>>>> Mustafi

Alexis is on a whole other skill level to all three of these players .... and why are you talking CB's? ....

You like Lacca, and for his level so do I, but he's nowhere near Alexis level and never will be .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 am

EliteKiller wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

I'd have Alexis >>> Lacca ... Alexis >>>>> Ramsey .... and the feckin' milkman >>>>> Mustafi

Alexis is on a whole other skill level to all three of these players .... and why are you talking CB's? ....

You like Lacca, and for his level so do I, but he's nowhere near Alexis level and never will be .....

Because Alexis is not a striker, never will be. He possesses zero of the skills you need to be a striker. He doesn't make runs, instead preferring the ball at his feet, he doesn't have the height, his pace won't help since a striker doesn't usually run at defenders
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:03 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Umm that was a typo, should be Alexis, Lacazette, Welbz etc
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Are we getting confused/mixed up about what is a striker is? Surely Alexis is a striker, he is certainly not a midfielder or winger.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby arsenalpan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Laca is better than Sanchez as a striker. Messi scores a lot inside the box. But that does not mean he is a striker. Same to Sanchez.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:57 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Because Alexis is not a striker, never will be. He possesses zero of the skills you need to be a striker. He doesn't make runs, instead preferring the ball at his feet, he doesn't have the height, his pace won't help since a striker doesn't usually run at defenders

Hmmmmm 167 league goals and 39 international goals would suggest he just might have some striking skills ... :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: ... is this site now attracting more delusional comments or has it always been this fecked up?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:51 pm

theHotHead wrote:Are we getting confused/mixed up about what is a striker is? Surely Alexis is a striker, he is certainly not a midfielder or winger.

He plays as a winger though
EliteKiller wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Because Alexis is not a striker, never will be. He possesses zero of the skills you need to be a striker. He doesn't make runs, instead preferring the ball at his feet, he doesn't have the height, his pace won't help since a striker doesn't usually run at defenders

Hmmmmm 167 league goals and 39 international goals would suggest he just might have some striking skills ... :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: ... is this site now attracting more delusional comments or has it always been this fecked up?

Ronaldo's record is amazing, but he plays as a winger, not a pure striker
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:52 pm

theHotHead wrote:Are we getting confused/mixed up about what is a striker is? Surely Alexis is a striker, he is certainly not a midfielder or winger.

He plays as a winger though
EliteKiller wrote:

Ronaldo's record is amazing, but he plays as a winger, not a pure striker
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:14 pm

No I don't agree. A winger usually crosses the ball and stays wide. So Steve Guppy and Chris Waddle were wingers thats what they mostly did. Of course they could cut in and shoot, a la Figo, Pires, Ginola and Waddle himself.

Sanchez is more like an inside forward than a winger, his starting point is wide but he mostly cuts in and comes narrow, he doesn't stay wide like the others listed, hence why in my opinion he is not a winger.

Henry for Monaco and Juventus was a winger. Walcott was played as a winger for us at first and later as an inside forward, he turned from being a provider to a goal scorer.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:20 pm

theHotHead wrote:No I don't agree. A winger usually crosses the ball and stays wide. So Steve Guppy and Chris Waddle were wingers thats what they mostly did. Of course they could cut in and shoot, a la Figo, Pires, Ginola and Waddle himself.

Sanchez is more like an inside forward than a winger, his starting point is wide but he mostly cuts in and comes narrow, he doesn't stay wide like the others listed, hence why in my opinion he is not a winger.

Henry for Monaco and Juventus was a winger. Walcott was played as a winger for us at first and later as an inside forward, he turned from being a provider to a goal scorer.

Yes, but even an Inside Forward isn't a pure striker though.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:56 pm

What's a striker in your opinion? Give me examples too please.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:58 pm

theHotHead wrote:What's a striker in your opinion? Give me examples too please.

Benzema, Giroud, Lacazette, Lukaku, Morata, Suarez, Lewandowski......

They don't play as inside forwards.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:43 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
theHotHead wrote:What's a striker in your opinion? Give me examples too please.

Benzema, Giroud, Lacazette, Lukaku, Morata, Suarez, Lewandowski......

They don't play as inside forwards.

Suarez is a typical inside forward. I agree on the others for the most part with a few exceptions ie benzema.

Extreme examples of an actual striker played as a striker are inzaghi, van nistelrooy, lineker Romario mario Gomez, defoe, adebayor etc. If you find one of these on the wing, it's probably because they were forced there by competent defending.

A proper striker works around the penalty spot.

A proper inside forward operates anywhere from wing to striker position and tends to be able to beat people repeatedly. Mostly always going inside. If you find one of these on the wing it's because thats where they've found space or they're about to cut inside which is generally harder to track by a defending unit when in motion.

A traditional winger hugs the line and crosses into centre for traditional strikers or target men to shoot. If you find one of these in the box, it's because the defence is focusing on the other side and they've come to occupy the space on the blind side ie where the defence isn't looking at.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football