Was Ched Evans correctly convicted in the first place?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Ched Evans, guilty or not guilty of rape?

Guilty
27%
Not Guilty
73%

Total votes : 15

Re: Was Ched Evans correctly convicted in the first place?

Postby Big17 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:28 pm

Funny how that silly bitch Jessica Ennis doesn't have a word to say on this case anymore.

As for that lying tart, she deserves to serve the time Evans had to do.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Cripps » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Big17 wrote:Funny how that silly bitch Jessica Ennis doesn't have a word to say on this case anymore.

Well said
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Big17 wrote:Funny how that silly bitch Jessica Ennis doesn't have a word to say on this case anymore.

it's not been established she lied, it's not even been established he's innocent. This only means there was not enough evidence to prove him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:39 am

From what I have read the police and the CPS have both had a horrendous impact on both of their lives. From what I have read she reported a lost handbag and the police started probing her about whether she could have had sex and what she did. Then when she said maybe and when they found out it was a footballer they and the CPS went all out to get the conviction.

It sounds like a politically motivated directive from above to convict more rape cases and get the percentage higher and I guess once the CPS found out it was a well known sports player this time they must have felt they hit the jackpot. Sadly for both the girl (who didn't report rape and now has had to change identity) and Evans (who is now tainted, has lost the best years in a short career where you need to earn big and has downgraded his career now he is back) it made their lives a living hell.

The police should have just dealt with the stolen bag and left it there, they shouldn't be fishing and probing for other crimes with no leading reason.

Of course if he did rape her then this is a sad time indeed but at least he spent some time in jail for it. I must admit I am really unsure about whether he did. One aspect (which a lot of papers are not mentioning, they are focusing more on the paid aspect of the new witnesses) which raises questions is that apparently in court (despite always saying she remembers nothing) she always managed to remember when being questioned by the prosecution and the answer helped her case but never when by the defence. That would not have impressed the jury.

Who knows, the whole thing sucks and it sounds like the police and the CPS deserve flak more than Ched or the girl do. I just hope they can both move on with their lives.

p.s Ched Evans is deplorable, no doubt about it, whatever the truth.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:46 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:From what I have read the police and the CPS have both had a horrendous impact on both of their lives. From what I have read she reported a lost handbag and the police started probing her about whether she could have had sex and what she did. Then when she said maybe and when they found out it was a footballer they and the CPS went all out to get the conviction.

It sounds like a politically motivated directive from above to convict more rape cases and get the percentage higher and I guess once the CPS found out it was a well known sports player this time they must have felt they hit the jackpot. Sadly for both the girl (who didn't report rape and now has had to change identity) and Evans (who is now tainted, has lost the best years in a short career where you need to earn big and has downgraded his career now he is back) it made their lives a living hell.

The police should have just dealt with the stolen bag and left it there, they shouldn't be fishing and probing for other crimes with no leading reason.

Of course if he did rape her then this is a sad time indeed but at least he spent some time in jail for it. I must admit I am really unsure about whether he did. One aspect (which a lot of papers are not mentioning, they are focusing more on the paid aspect of the new witnesses) which raises questions is that apparently in court (despite always saying she remembers nothing) she always managed to remember when being questioned by the prosecution and the answer helped her case but never when by the defence. That would not have impressed the jury.

Who knows, the whole thing sucks and it sounds like the police and the CPS deserve flak more than Ched or the girl do. I just hope they can both move on with their lives.

Very good points.

If what you're saying about a report of a theft spiraling into all this then it's very concerning

Police are primarily there to serve, not to chase their own agenda.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Welsh Gunner » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:55 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:From what I have read the police and the CPS have both had a horrendous impact on both of their lives. From what I have read she reported a lost handbag and the police started probing her about whether she could have had sex and what she did. Then when she said maybe and when they found out it was a footballer they and the CPS went all out to get the conviction.

Very good post.
The CPS & Police certainly have a lot to answer for in this case.
Ched Evans doesn't come out of this looking very good to be honest. Hopefully this will provide a warning to other young rich footballers who think they can go through life shagging whoever they like with no thought about the consequences.
Welsh Gunner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:09 pm

UFGN wrote:

Very good points.

If what you're saying about a report of a theft spiraling into all this then it's very concerning

Police are primarily there to serve, not to chase their own agenda.

Supposed to, but for example; the victimisation of Sir Cliff Richard in inviting the BBC to film them raiding his house on something that was a nonsense anyway, just shows that some of them do want to be famous for being the ones who got a celebrity sent down.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Cripps » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:58 pm

Joining Sheff Utd
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:11 pm

Cripps wrote:Joining Sheff Utd

And finally being allowed to pick up his career where he left off, as a free and innocent man.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:40 pm

He's been acquitted. So good luck to him and I hope he's able to make a success of what remains of his career
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby MesutOzil11 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 pm

Still nothing. What an absolute d***head.

Pleased for Evans. Hope he does well for newly promoted Sheffield.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:13 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Cripps wrote:Joining Sheff Utd

And finally being allowed to pick up his career where he left off, as a free and innocent man.

Just with multiple years wasted.

Ideally he'll bag 30 goals a season as a big FU to all who slagged and judged him.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:18 am

Hopefully do a GOAT celebration or something.

Whatever happened to the bint who lied?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:22 am

Cripps wrote:Hopefully do a GOAT celebration or something.

Whatever happened to the bint who lied?

Probably already been relocated and given a new identity.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:00 am

Lol at the papers who called him a disgrace etc for appealing against his conviction

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate