The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:21 pm

Sims wrote:same piece in the guardian makes it seem clear that he wants arsene to say

Özil, who signed for Arsenal in 2013 after three years at Real Madrid, added that his decision to sign a new contract or not was not money-related: “The club knows that I am here most of all because of Arsène Wenger. He is the one who signed me and he is the one whose trust I have. The club also knows that I want to be clear what the manager is going to [in the future].” Wenger’s contract runs out in 2017.

also banters off thierry

Özil has been criticised for not signing a new contract by, among others, Thierry Henry, who said that the German international and Alexis Sánchez were “holding the club hostage” with their wage demands.

Özil, however, said he does not care what former players are saying about him as they do not know the full story about what is going on. He said: “Everyone has a right to say what they want but what they have to say doesn’t interest me. Ex-players or other people who have a view don’t know what is actually being said between me and the club.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... are_btn_tw

He doesn't explicitly say that he wants Wenger to stay though. Means that the replacement also makes a difference.

Eg if we get Diego he'd stay
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:24 pm

He won't stay if Wenger leaves, I've posted on it before.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:29 pm

Bye Mesut

Love the guy but Wenger leaving is probably the most important thing to happen to Arsenal to ensure our future and if we have to sacrifice Ozil then so be it
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby BS221B » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:33 pm

It pretty much confirms that If Wenger leaves, Ozil is gone. If Ozil is gone, Sanchez is gone as well.

Welcome Eddie Howe and our captain Jack Wilshere.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:37 pm

BS221B wrote:It pretty much confirms that If Wenger leaves, Ozil is gone. If Ozil is gone, Sanchez is gone as well.

Eh still better than having Wenger
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby BS221B » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Pudpop wrote:
BS221B wrote:It pretty much confirms that If Wenger leaves, Ozil is gone. If Ozil is gone, Sanchez is gone as well.

We'd finish six place at best with Howe. I cant see how its better than having Wenger.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ESFSAFC » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:35 pm

We had a different summer this season with Wenger and another summer like last wouldn't be terrible, we need a CM option next to Xhaka who will have a years experience in PL and either a new CF or a wide attacker. GK might become an issue.

Let him spend similar amount this summer, I wouldn't consider any of the summer acquisitions failures. Losing Ozil could have long lasting repercussions.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Newman123 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:41 pm

Bye Ozil have fun at your new club. f**k Wenger and f**k you. Tah Tah pussy
Newman123
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby alexafc12 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:02 am

I want Wenger out, but my gut tells me it's useless if Kroenke remains
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:07 am

Ozil is an AKB.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:32 am

Sims wrote:same piece in the guardian makes it seem clear that he wants arsene to say

Özil, who signed for Arsenal in 2013 after three years at Real Madrid, added that his decision to sign a new contract or not was not money-related: “The club knows that I am here most of all because of Arsène Wenger. He is the one who signed me and he is the one whose trust I have. The club also knows that I want to be clear what the manager is going to [in the future].” Wenger’s contract runs out in 2017.

also banters off thierry

Özil has been criticised for not signing a new contract by, among others, Thierry Henry, who said that the German international and Alexis Sánchez were “holding the club hostage” with their wage demands.

Özil, however, said he does not care what former players are saying about him as they do not know the full story about what is going on. He said: “Everyone has a right to say what they want but what they have to say doesn’t interest me. Ex-players or other people who have a view don’t know what is actually being said between me and the club.”

The way he tells Henry to calm down was cool. Haha..

Pudpop wrote:

also banters off thierry

He doesn't explicitly say that he wants Wenger to stay though. Means that the replacement also makes a difference.

Eg if we get Diego he'd stay

Exactly. It's not explicit. If you were Ozil, you'd be scared by the thought of being managed by Eddie Howe or someone similar. No disrespect to Howe.

Bring someone like Simeone, or Allegri, and he'd stay.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:44 am

Pudpop wrote:Love Ozil but I'd rather see him leave than Wenger stay

As much as it would pain me to see Ozil leave, I agree.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Pudpop » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:37 am

BS221B wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

We'd finish six place at best with Howe. I cant see how its better than having Wenger.

Would rather finish 6th with Howe actually trying than 4th with Wenger half arsing it
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:25 am

i agree with above 6th is better than 4th.... :dizzy:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby OptimusPrimett » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:07 am