07/01/2017 | Preston North End 1-2 Arsenal | FA Cup

Re: 07/01/2017 | Preston North End vs Arsenal | FA Cup

Postby Dejan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:27 am

Zedie wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Zedie wrote:Giroud haters once again in disarray

:rofll: :rofll:

Except you guys fail to acknowledge that those criticising him refer to our style of play when he starts compared to alexis or welbeck up top. He's scoring super important goals and doing well as an impact player but if still rather he didn't start tbh

Really?

I acknowledge that all the time and gave done for a while ie wanting a super star striker. My only problem has ever been with people that constantly whine about him through good form or bad and expect him to be the superstar striker they want.

It's not his fault he's not he's been our only striker up until this season. Neither is it his fault that he's not an elite player, but the abuse he's received for years now and even to this day has been well over the top and you know it.

Giroud is in a great run of form atm, but sanchez up top helps us a lot more overall, it's never been debatable (apart from the people who were adamant that he couldn't work at ST when we signed him).

He's doing what he should be doing, ie serving the team and getting ready to come off the bench when sanchez is back up top or step in when we play against a guaranteed bus Park team.

good post
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:06 am

Dejan wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Zedie wrote:Giroud haters once again in disarray

:rofll: :rofll:

Except you guys fail to acknowledge that those criticising him refer to our style of play when he starts compared to alexis or welbeck up top. He's scoring super important goals and doing well as an impact player but if still rather he didn't start tbh

Really?

I acknowledge that all the time and gave done for a while ie wanting a super star striker. My only problem has ever been with people that constantly whine about him through good form or bad and expect him to be the superstar striker they want.

It's not his fault he's not he's been our only striker up until this season. Neither is it his fault that he's not an elite player, but the abuse he's received for years now and even to this day has been well over the top and you know it.

Giroud is in a great run of form atm, but sanchez up top helps us a lot more overall, it's never been debatable (apart from the people who were adamant that he couldn't work at ST when we signed him).

He's doing what he should be doing, ie serving the team and getting ready to come off the bench when sanchez is back up top or step in when we play against a guaranteed bus Park team.

good post

+1
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:13 am

it would be if it didn't make his original post wrong

the 'haters' don't want him to start but can still appreciate his recent contributions, Zedie himself prefers Giroud to 'come off the bench' as 'Sanchez up top helps us a lot more overall' so really not sure who is in disarray by Giroud scoring the winner yesterday, seemed to make most people in this thread pretty happy imo :)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Lol @ Mesut.

Cracking post Zedie lad
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Not sure if I mentioned it before but credit to Iwobi for his efforts in this game. He tried to make things happen and did extremely well for the first goal
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Zedie » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Mesüt wrote:it would be if it didn't make his original post wrong

the 'haters' don't want him to start but can still appreciate his recent contributions, Zedie himself prefers Giroud to 'come off the bench' as 'Sanchez up top helps us a lot more overall' so really not sure who is in disarray by Giroud scoring the winner yesterday, seemed to make most people in this thread pretty happy imo :)

Ok, except you're wilfully ignoring the people that labelled him:

The worst striker in the league
The worst striker in Europe
Lamppost
Declare a loss everytime he makes an appearance
Whine anytime his name is in the team sheet
Whine any time he misses a chance of any degree of difficulty
Insist on Giroud not being an option while watching us lose or draw to a bus Park team and sanchez trying to beat 6ft4 defenders in the air
Question whether he's actually a footballer
Argue that he's championship level at best
Ignore that even during his poor periods, he was still hitting comparable numbers to other strikers that were apparently far superior to him

The list is endless. Just because we agree on some things, it doesn't mean that I've forgotten or choose to ignore the blatant ignorance, bias and unfounded hate that Giroud gets hit with on a weekly basis.

Christ, he'll have a game without scoring or assisting and it'll be back to 2/10 ratings and him shouldering the blame for a shit team or midfield performance within a month or two.

It's pretty clear in general that there's a lot of support that won't ever forgive him for being rvps replacement and blame him for it instead of the people that can actually affect the situation.

You even equate him starting to our shit show in the first half in an earlier post. Ive rematched the full highlights, but I'm sorry, he's literally spent most of the first half alone closing down a back four, while our midfield is 30 yards off him.

How is that his fault? Hes a player that needs support and just like any target man, if they don't get runners or back up within a 20 yard radius, theyre going to do f**k all. weve had the exact same problem with sanchez playing St for full games in this downturn period, yet no one seems to pin the bulk of the responsibility on him.

Ive accepted that that's how it will always be, but don't get pissed if I point out the blatant hypocrisy that some have shown for years.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Re: 07/01/2017 | Preston North End 1-2 Arsenal | FA Cup

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Only thing I equate Giroud starting to, is a static front line and a worse team performance than with Welbeck or Sanchez up top. Dunno what post you're referring to but do show me so I can clarify it.

Also not sure why you're relying on hyperbolic, largely angry in the wake of defeat/shit game comments to build your case. Find any non-troll poster who can't give a rationalised post about Giroud, even DG who absolutely hates him can accept he's been providing important goals and has value to the club.

Giroud is a good striker, I'll not deny it, he's a great target man but falls limited in other areas I like to see in a striker, i.e pace, mobility. However to win a title we need great not good

DG's last post on Giroud. Now I can't think of a user on here who has had more to say against Olly G than DG, for him to make the above comments shows me there isn't a problem against Giroud like you make out. It may have been worse in the past and like I said, angry comments will get directed his way because he has f***ked up his fair share of moments over the last 4 years but those are generally heat of the moment comments which are pointless to base an argument from.

Anyway, long as he keeps scoring from the bench and saving us I don't give a flying fvck what people want to say about him in all honesty. Just want Sanchez or Welbeck starting and we sign a better winger so that can happen with Olly being plan b from the bench or for specific games like Burnley.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Welbeck is a starter material and Giroud is a sub only option wow. Now how come a player who has been on treatment table from time immemorial, was outscored by John fecking Terry in the league, does not have half as good a Record as Giroud as a Striker for us and is an extremely poor finisher deserves to start ahead of Giroud? This post above exactly sums up how the standards Giroud has to maintain when compared to others are extremely biased against him. I mean it is laughable that United fans rate Giroud ten times higher than some of our own.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:21 pm

My god do you choose to read only certain words or something? Welbeck up front provides a more fluid attack than when Giroud is there, the starter is clearly Alexis, Welbeck is a more like for like replacement than Giroud and we played some good stuff when he started at CF last season. It's about the style of play and team performance, it's really quite simple AF.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Sanchez is the ultimate striking option for us so if you had only taken his name i wouldn't have objected. Team performance may be better or not is debatable with Welbeck but one thing clear is that his finishing is not up to scratch. Welbeck can be an option for us on the flank as he works hard and is pacey. To play up front finishing is not a choice rather a necessity
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:47 pm

id start alexis up front, welbeck lw and perez rw

bring iwobi whenever needed
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:56 pm

Sims wrote:id start alexis up front, welbeck lw and perez rw

I have no issue with Welbeck being a contender for either wing. That will only increase competition for places and brings about the best out of everyone.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:02 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Welbeck is a starter material and Giroud is a sub only option wow. Now how come a player who has been on treatment table from time immemorial, was outscored by John fecking Terry in the league, does not have half as good a Record as Giroud as a Striker for us and is an extremely poor finisher deserves to start ahead of Giroud? This post above exactly sums up how the standards Giroud has to maintain when compared to others are extremely biased against him. I mean it is laughable that United fans rate Giroud ten times higher than some of our own.

I dont rate him that much. Thing is there is no way he can score as many as giroud. Not even close imo. He is not a natural striker and dont have instincts of a striker. Even if he stayed fit a whole season. He wouldnt get 20 in all competition.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ESR10 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:35 pm

same here
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:59 pm

I wouldn't mind that at all if we played a 4-3-3, problem is with a 4-2-3-1 the wingers have to track back and that would be a bit unbalanced having 3 forwards on.

With a 4-3-3 that could work though.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2016-17