UK European Union in / out referendum

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Should the United Kingdom leave the European Union?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes : 61

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:45 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Blair did not leave a deficit behind, Brown did

Blair was right, as he always is. Man has predicted the future accurately because he is smart and knows what to do.

He certainly knows how to lie to people and throw away British lives. I think the majority of the British public have wised up to his lies behind the public facade.

What lies? Iraq had chemical weapons, so Blair was right. Even Chilicot admitted Blair went on intelligence
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:53 pm

Oh jesus if this shuts them up then hell to the yeah.

Scotland and London will hopefully be happy.

Me personally I'll be sticking to a flight ticket from Thomas Cook if I want to leave the country.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:17 pm

Pound goes down but money spent over the black Friday period is up last year by 15%.

All just a load of nonsense about going into recession.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Or maybe pound went down by 15% or more in value thus spending rose by the same amount even if it was the same or fell in real term value?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:38 am

Big17 wrote:Pound goes down but money spent over the black Friday period is up last year by 15%.

This means absolutely nothing. Most money will have been spent in the UK with GBP as the currency, meaning the exchange rate has nowt to do with consumer spending.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:16 am

Well consumer spending does affect the pound. For example I bought 2 arsenal jerseys during the sale and I'm sure many foreigners did the same. In terms of economic theory that should increase the demand for the pound and increase its value, but the pound dropped because of other factors.

If anything since the pound dropped during black Friday that should confirm the fears remainers had
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:42 am

Callum wrote:
Big17 wrote:Pound goes down but money spent over the black Friday period is up last year by 15%.

This means absolutely nothing. Most money will have been spent in the UK with GBP as the currency, meaning the exchange rate has nowt to do with consumer spending.

No but it does show that confidence is still there in the economy otherwise people would be keeping their money safe. Absolutely dire interest rates are currently curbing the falling pound value but this is not sustainable.

Still a case of time will tell, one weekend shows us f all.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:44 pm

Callum wrote:

But yet if spending were down ........... "Told you, its the end of the world cause Brexit, innit"

We've cottoned on to your game now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:

But yet if spending were down ........... "Told you, its the end of the world cause Brexit, innit"

Let me get this clear

YOU are accusing SOMEONE ELSE of double standards?

Just vote them out much?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Zedie » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:55 pm

Mesüt wrote:
Callum wrote:

No but it does show that confidence is still there in the economy otherwise people would be keeping their money safe. Absolutely dire interest rates are currently curbing the falling pound value but this is not sustainable.

Still a case of time will tell, one weekend shows us f all.

That or people are actually listening to the forewarnings that inflation is set to jump in the new year and Unilever and Co will be coming back for their pound of flesh, making their general shop more expensive.

We'll find out soon enough.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:01 pm

My concern re inflation isn't Zimbabwe style silly prices, but more the affect on already flat wage growth.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:15 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:

Let me get this clear

Just vote them out much?

Lets clear something up here.

What exactly is your problem with me saying "if you don't like something, vote them out"?

You raise this as a snipe anytime you've got nothing better to say and I'm not sure why that comment I once made is such a radical idea to you?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:55 pm

Italian referendum this weekend... the result will be another blow to the EU who are lurching from one crisis to the next. When will they realise that the EU project has failed and the majority of European people don't want tighter integration but a loose coupling based on trade.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:

Let me get this clear

Just vote them out much?

Lets clear something up here.

What exactly is your problem with me saying "if you don't like something, vote them out"?

You raise this as a snipe anytime you've got nothing better to say and I'm not sure why that comment I once made is such a radical idea to you?

Because as soon as something happened that you didn't like (the article 50 issue) you started chucking your toys at the idea that MPs might delay or alter Brexit

When I suggested you follow the same advice that you sneeringly gave me over my concerns re the British Bill of Rights, (Just vote them out,) you didn't like it one bit.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:46 pm

The difference UFGN is that the party in charge IS trying to achieve Brexit, it is exactly those "un-elected" prats that are trying to block the vote of the people.
How is "If you don't like it vote them out" relevant in this case? and don't say "Well they were voted in by the constituency", they are not the Government and the MP's agreed on giving us this vote, now they're balking on it.

I know you must be feeling ill will towards the voting system at the moment because you've had quite a year but at least if your going to have a dig make it coherent.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate