Replacement Manager??!

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Replacement Manager??!

Postby KG3 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:49 pm

"Roberto has plans to return to the Premier League," a long time friend of Mancini's told Tribalfootball.com this morning.

"He likes Arsenal. He thinks they're a great a club. I must say I believe Arsenal would be a top choice for him."

Never really considered him as a potential option nor would he be my first choice but he wouldn't necessarily be a bad option.

09-10 5th (took over from Hughes in December and they finished 10th the previous year)

10-11 3rd / FA cup winners (first full season in charge with his own signings)

11-12 BPL Champions

12-13 2nd / Community shield winners (sacked in may after losing the FA cup final to Wigan)

Mancini's time a city was fairly brief and from the time he took over their was a gradual improvement obviously his final season wasn't the best but runners up and loosing the FA cup final is hardly worthy of a sacking considering his two years before that were successful.

Only Ferguson, Mourinho and Ancelotti have a higher win percentage in the BPL.

If we can't bring in our first few options I wouldn't mind Mancini as an alternative he's perfectly capable of challenging for the title and other domestic cups and has a good record of signings during his time at city as most of them were good players.

Vieira, Johnson, Boateng, Toure, Silva, Kolarov, Balotelli, Milner, Dzeko, Clichy, Savic, Aguero, Nasri, Hargreaves, Pantilimon, Rodwell, Wright, Sinclair, Maicon, Nastasic, Garcia

Everyone who was signed by Mancini, some went on to be important plays and still are now, some of them like Boateng are doing well for other clubs and some were just injury prone like Hargreaves.

Anyway assuming we can't attract the likes of Simone, Bilic or Tuchel there's not really much left to choose from and I wouldn't mind Mancini as a possible option he'll bring the defensive stability we've needed for years and although his style of football is different to Wenger's at least we'd be challenging.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:57 pm

Bookmarked to revisit in 6-10 years
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:34 pm

Arsenal want Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe to replace Arsene Wenger when the Frenchman's contract at Emirates Stadium expires in the summer.(Sun)
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby 22-0 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:54 am

Cripps wrote:
Arsenal want Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe to replace Arsene Wenger when the Frenchman's contract at Emirates Stadium expires in the summer.(Sun)

that also says wenger will stay at the club in a different role. aka we're still f***ked.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby KG3 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:47 am

Let's hope Wenger new role doesn't involve dealing with transfer negotiations.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:49 am

Never wanted Arsene to stay before but the lack of footballing people on the board is frightening
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Gunpowder » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:33 am

I'm okay with Howe. Bournemouth's defensive record is a concern though
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby KG3 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:26 am

Gunpowder wrote:I'm okay with Howe. Bournemouth's defensive record is a concern though

Howe is the equivalent to Moyes moving United or Rodgers to Liverpool and certain people would have been happy to give those two a chance for Arsenal.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:32 am

Howe working as manager under Wenger in some sort of overview role would be a disaster.

The whole club needs a complete revamp, not another manager following the same rubbish mentality. We need a whole new approach to training, tactics, scouting, signing players.

The last thing we need is Wenger moving upstairs and a yes man appointed to continue the status quo. We might as well stick with Wenger.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:25 am

Wonga just needs to get the fook out of the club, if he stays in any kinda role we will still be screwed.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby TOP » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:34 am

I don't think Wenger is leaving next summer. If that were the case we'd start seeing some appointments. Since whatever manager we will get next will coach the team, not do everything like Wenger does now.
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby immsun » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:45 pm

I hope Wenger signs a contract for the next 3 years.70 will be a good time to leave.

If Eddie Howe is coming then strictly a No.We need someone proven and Quality.Look at Moyes,he couldnt handle the Big Club.Same will happen here as well if he couldnt take the pressure of a Big Club and then we are in the Fallen Category which i dont want at all.
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cripps » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Now would be a good time to leave.

For the good of the club

It'll give the new manager whoever he may be the rest of the season to right all the wrongs of wengers reign of terror, drop all the shit players, see who he wants to keep etc and then have a full pre season next summer and we can once again have an Arsenal to enjoy.

This season is already over in terms of winning the title and CL.

New manager can play our overrated youngsters in the capital one cup and see who's any good. And go for the FA cup when it starts.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby immsun » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Cripps wrote:Now would be a good time to leave.

For the good of the club

It'll give the new manager whoever he may be the rest of the season to right all the wrongs of wengers reign of terror, drop all the shit players, see who he wants to keep etc and then have a full pre season next summer and we can once again have an Arsenal to enjoy.

This season is already over in terms of winning the title and CL.

New manager can play our overrated youngsters in the capital one cup and see who's any good. And go for the FA cup when it starts.

PL Title is Over in 3 games.Wow excellent football logic you have mate.And CL hasnt even begun lol.

As for shit players,except Walcott i cant see anyone.

Such Negativity Gosh.
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cripps » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:05 pm

Well it was over before the season begun
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk