2018 and 2022 World Cups

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: 2018 and 2022 World Cups

Postby Callum » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:53 pm

Cripps wrote:It's amazing how little you know about things like these. Well not only this but seeing as this is the topic ATM, we'll stick to this one.

At no point did I mention I have a problem with gays being gays. But hey lets do a Callum and make things up. Hilarious

You've generalised all gay people as "vain" and "self important" because they might have an issue with the World Cup being held in a country where their lifestyle choice is illegal.

I don't have to make anything up. You're a homophobe, plain and simple.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Like I said a shame the gay people I work with and get on with don't think that.

Must raise my homophobic levels. Not good enough.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:58 pm

Cripps wrote:Like I said a shame the gay people I work with and get on with don't think that.

Must raise my homophobic levels. Not good enough.

:rofll:

Okay mate. I guess as long as you have gay colleagues you can make homophobic comments all you want and that absolves you.

Your words are clear. You're a homophobe.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:00 pm

Can't seem to remember making any but if that's what floats your boat so be it.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:23 pm

Cripps wrote:Can't seem to remember making any but if that's what floats your boat so be it.

Generalising homosexuals as "vain" and "self-important" because they dare think that a major sporting event shouldn't be held in a country where being gay is illegal.

Clear homophobia.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Didn't see anywhere where it's illegal to be gay in Qatar, from what Zedie posted they just wouldn't be able to show it in public. Same way our girls have to cover up in certain north african and asian countries. Same way I can't stroll around those same places snogging my bird all over the shop.

Go to another country, respect their laws and their culture, otherwise don't go to the country. No reason a gay fan can't go an enjoy the football without kissing his partner in public for week :dontknow:

I get the sentiment but standard mountain out of a molehill situation tbh
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:43 pm

Mesüt wrote:Didn't see anywhere where it's illegal to be gay in Qatar, from what Zedie posted they just wouldn't be able to show it in public. Same way our girls have to cover up in certain north african and asian countries. Same way I can't stroll around those same places snogging my bird all over the shop.

Go to another country, respect their laws and their culture, otherwise don't go to the country. No reason a gay fan can't go an enjoy the football without kissing his partner in public for week :dontknow:

Homophobe
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:49 pm

Ive actually been to Dubai and to be honest, it is a lot more relaxed than people think. Behind closed doors, nobody will be spying on you, as long as youre in a legit hotel.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:07 pm

Cripps and Callum, scenes. :rofll:
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Zedie » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:10 pm

Mesüt wrote:Didn't see anywhere where it's illegal to be gay in Qatar, from what Zedie posted they just wouldn't be able to show it in public. Same way our girls have to cover up in certain north african and asian countries. Same way I can't stroll around those same places snogging my bird all over the shop.

It's illegal to be gay in Qatar.

Scenes when Mesüt sets a world record for longest uninterrupted Swan dive across the Khalifa turf, after an epic last minute, match winning 40 yard piledriver from jack Wilshere in the final and is subsequently not seen on GW for 2 - 4 years.

Scenes when Callum is hauled off and disappeared down a tunnel after losing control and planting a kiss on the mouth of massa at the full time whistle.

Scenes when after his release in 2026, Mesüts first post back on GW is in response to this post and simply says 'fair enough tbf'.

Scenes when Cripps response is 'just go Wenger'.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:16 pm

Zedie wrote:

It's illegal to be gay in Qatar.

Scenes when Mesüt sets a world record for longest uninterrupted Swan dive across the Khalifa turf, after an epic last minute, match winning 40 yard piledriver from jack Wilshere in the final and is subsequently not seen on GW for 2 - 4 years.

Scenes when Callum is hauled off and disappeared down a tunnel after losing control and planting a kiss on the mouth of massa at the full time whistle.

Scenes when after his release in 2026, Mesüts first post back on GW is in response to this post and simply says 'fair enough tbf'.

Scenes when Cripps response is 'just go Wenger'.

:rofll: :clap:
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:20 pm

I dont think its illegal to be gay in Qatar, but committing same sex acts is.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Callum » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:29 pm

I have no issue with exercising discretion when it comes to showing affection in public, and that's something that applies to both homosexual and heterosexual people. Countries have their own laws and cultures and I respect that. That was never my point.

What my point actually is that it's a disgrace that a major sporting event like the World Cup - something that is meant to be open to be enjoyed by all - is being hosted in a country where women and gays are denied basic human rights. It's all well and good saying "if you don't like it don't go there", but that denies a ton of people from being able to enjoy and attend a tournament because of their sexuality, gender or whatever else. That shouldn't be acceptable.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:37 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:I dont think its illegal to be gay in Qatar, but committing same sex acts is.

Semantics

If any homosexual acts are illegal, that means that you literally can't do anything homosexual in private either.

If ie a hotel worker heard or saw something happening in a hotel, those gay people that otherwise hadn't done anything to offend anyone, could spend up to 7 years in jail if the authorities decided to act on the allegation and evidence.

If that person happened to be a Muslim, he might lose his life for it.

Back to the original point, it's fine for you to be gay in Qatar, if you make 100% make sure to not do anything that could be deemed gay in public or private while in its borders.

Sounds illegal to me at least. :dontknow:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:40 pm

It's the law. Don't like it. Don't go. It really is that simple.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football