24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal vs Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Zenith » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:16 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Zenith wrote:
ESFSAFC wrote:
Zenith wrote:Disgusted with Mertesacker's attitude in the last year or so

I remember when he used to be fired up, especially during a derby

These days he just looks like a disinterested employee who's solely there to collect his money

Gabriel and Koscielny awful today as well

Gabriel was ok and kos improved in second half but that was likely with how bad he was in the first.

Gabriel gave away the ball several times and reacted late to Costa's run which eventually led to their goal. Grew into the game but wasn't good enough when it mattered the most.

The goal was Flaminis fault.

Its an easy clearnce for Kos but hes blocked him by being erratic and rowdy in thinking he was still playing center back.

You're absolutely right, just saw it again. Can't rewind a stream hehe.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Dubs4Sam » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:48 pm

Not one for coming on after games like to do my GWorlding on the bosses time :).

BUT ....

Today was a shambles taking the first 15 minutes as your 100% I.e. 90Mins and I am doing that to take away the 10 v 11 argument - we where awful.

The MF trio of Ramsey / Flamini / Ozil where overrun overpowered and out taught. Do I blame BFG for the sending off or allowing himself to be put into a situation where he can be sent off no - because we know his limitations it comes down to the trio pick in the MF esp Flamini who even though highlighted on SS for having a bad game but not for his part in the sending off - backing off William before he played a sublime through ball.

Kos was woeful today within the first 3 minutes did the one thing I posted about after the Stoke game - poor pass selection from the back and like Stoke gave Chelsea the belief in the early encounters to grow into the game. Very disappointed in him. Prob in fairness shud have gave a peno away.

No body had any bite into their game. Why was Flamini ahead of Ramsey all game? Either Flamini ignored instructions or worse Wenger knew he didn't have the legs to cover the back four as the sweeping CM and gave that role to Ramsey - why not play Elheny who would have the legs.

Theo - robbing a living on the wing - didn't play up top when Giroud went off as we couldn't trust Ozil do work off the ball being a man down - who gets a role like that - no one shud IMO.

Wenger got the team set up wrong - made the wrong choices and we deserved to lose.

We have now failed to win a shite Utd side under Moyes a Chelsea side in the worse condition since the Oil money and a shit Brendan Rodgers side. Attitude of these players is unbelievable.

On the bright side - Sanchez is back.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby coach8smallball » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:44 pm

Dubs4Sam wrote:Not one for coming on after games like to do my GWorlding on the bosses time :).

BUT ....

Today was a shambles taking the first 15 minutes as your 100% I.e. 90Mins and I am doing that to take away the 10 v 11 argument - we where awful.

The MF trio of Ramsey / Flamini / Ozil where overrun overpowered and out taught. Do I blame BFG for the sending off or allowing himself to be put into a situation where he can be sent off no - because we know his limitations it comes down to the trio pick in the MF esp Flamini who even though highlighted on SS for having a bad game but not for his part in the sending off - backing off William before he played a sublime through ball.

Kos was woeful today within the first 3 minutes did the one thing I posted about after the Stoke game - poor pass selection from the back and like Stoke gave Chelsea the belief in the early encounters to grow into the game. Very disappointed in him. Prob in fairness shud have gave a peno away.

No body had any bite into their game. Why was Flamini ahead of Ramsey all game? Either Flamini ignored instructions or worse Wenger knew he didn't have the legs to cover the back four as the sweeping CM and gave that role to Ramsey - why not play Elheny who would have the legs.

Theo - robbing a living on the wing - didn't play up top when Giroud went off as we couldn't trust Ozil do work off the ball being a man down - who gets a role like that - no one shud IMO.

Wenger got the team set up wrong - made the wrong choices and we deserved to lose.

We have now failed to win a shite Utd side under Moyes a Chelsea side in the worse condition since the Oil money and a shit Brendan Rodgers side. Attitude of these players is unbelievable.

On the bright side - Sanchez is back.

well said.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Play two lumps in front of the back four and let us pass it around in areas where we can't threaten the goal. It works every time against us. As soon as i saw matic/mikel starting i put this bet on:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453672997.879956.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ESFSAFC » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:16 pm

That is the biggest annoyance I have for the team at the monent. We start games so slow and with no real purpose which has given the other teams the believe as Dubs said above.

Always making it hard on ourselves. Looking at our next fixtures I expect 8 wins out of 10.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:09 pm

Fuming.

We would be the c**** to let this historically shit Chelsea side do the double over us.

Why are we playing a high line with Mertesacker against Chelsea?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Cripps » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:13 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Fuming.

We would be the **** to let this historically shit Chelsea side do the double over us.

I believe Wenger said something like how Mertesacker has longer legs so can take longer strides and move quicker cos of it and get back in position.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Alexis » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:15 pm

We would be the **** to let this historically shit Chelsea side do the double over us.

the real question is why is mertesacker still starting for us?

He hasn't looked interested since he won the world cup and admitted so few months after. I don't think he cares anymore, he's won the big one after all.
At this point, we really need to be find strong CB who'd start for us. Gabriel is an excellent third choice but still has some shortcomings.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:20 am

Look it is only 1 slip match, we'll get back to the top when we beat Leicester. Think of the positives, city couldn't take advantage fully and they are inconsistant
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:05 am

Sanchez just returned from injury and showed more hunger when he came on than the whole team combined. You can bet that had Coquelin been out there, he would have harassed every Chelsea player that came his way. Cannot understand why the rest of our players cannot motivate themselves for games like this. We are at home, we're playing a rival, a rival thats fighting relegation, and City drew the other day. Just seeing the likes of Sanchez and Coquelin in training should be enough motivation right there. Why aren't our players foaming at the mouth in the tunnel of every game ffs. Our players shouldn't be wary of Costa, Costa should be wary of Ozil.

Still haven't got over the fact that we lost this. Our players should be ashamed of themselves
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Denis_E » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:22 am

Royal Gooner wrote:Look it is only 1 slip match, we'll get back to the top when we beat Leicester. Think of the positives, city couldn't take advantage fully and they are inconsistant

Lol, major f***ing lol

when others like mesut/rowdy say such things it's so obvious they're being sarcastic, but to think this is someone being serious.

jesus christ :rolleyes:
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby yadunoe » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:35 am

hopefully gabriel can take advantage of the next 3 games and cement his place for us we cant play mert any more his pace is costing us time and time again and flamini must never play his positional defence is horrible the space he left fabregas was so bad we need el neny to start asap until Le Coq returns
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:37 am

He only gets one game unfortunately. And it happens to be an FA Cup game that he would have started anyway.

The football gods are just trolling at this point
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:04 am

Wenger got it wrong tactically. And, we showed no bottle. Can't say much really. Losing to this Chelsea side at home is unacceptable.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:27 am

We are in an elite company of teams who have got beaten by Chelsea this season
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16