Black Managers

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Black Managers

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:02 pm

StLGooner wrote:Over here in the NFL, they have a rule when hiring new managers that they have to interview at least 1 minority for the job as well. I get the thinking behind it as to bring equality to the league/world, but I don't think that is the right way to go about it really.

It seems like the more race is emphasized on issues the more it becomes a problem.

Is there a rule that 1 white man needs to be interviewed?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:38 pm

StLGooner wrote:Over here in the NFL, they have a rule when hiring new managers that they have to interview at least 1 minority for the job as well. I get the thinking behind it as to bring equality to the league/world, but I don't think that is the right way to go about it really.

It seems like the more race is emphasized on issues the more it becomes a problem.

All that does is create tokenism. It's always going to be a situation where they interview one black man to fill the quota, then look at the credentials of the rest of the applicants.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby arsebandit » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:44 pm

If you're good enough & getting results. That's it.
I seem to recall john Barnes playing a similar card... The mere fact he was a shit manager had nothing to do with it. Brendan Rodgers was sacked why?? Cos he was white???? Irish???
Or not getting results???
It's an absolute non event for me.
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:04 pm

QPR are coming across as racist. Sack Chris Ramsey and now the fave for the job is Hasselbaink. Sounds like their back up option is Chris Powell. Are they even interviewing white managers? How does a white manager not get to the final interviews with around 95% of managers being white.

There needs to be a rule to ensure at least 1 white manager gets a chance.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:06 pm

As I have said before, people get jobs on merit not skin colour. QPR proving that you don't need tokenism and quotas to get a chance. If you're good enough, then you'll get it because of your qualities.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:08 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:As I have said before, people get jobs on merit not skin colour. QPR proving that you don't need tokenism and quotas to get a chance. If you're good enough, then you'll get it because of your qualities.

How is Chris Powell getting a look in then? Surely someone better has applied who could be better second choice?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:08 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:

Is there a rule that 1 white man needs to be interviewed?

Of course not.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:12 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

All that does is create tokenism. It's always going to be a situation where they interview one black man to fill the quota, then look at the credentials of the rest of the applicants.

Right! It's a horrible idea that obviously hasn't done anything to curb racism.

It's a tough situation, because yes, minorities in this world have been and still are treated badly by certain people, and there is definitely a "white privilege", how ever by creating certain rules for minorities that are different for the majority doesn't help at all, I think it makes it worse and just brings more animosity toward each other. I could never imagine complaining about there not being enough white managers or coaches in anything. Why do I care? And why should anyone else. Time to change the way we think about things.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Apollo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:QPR are coming across as racist. Sack Chris Ramsey and now the fave for the job is Hasselbaink. Sounds like their back up option is Chris Powell. Are they even interviewing white managers? How does a white manager not get to the final interviews with around 95% of managers being white.

I sincerely hope that this is a joke.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Sims » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:02 pm

yorky suffers from the biggest white privilege complex i've ever seen
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Apollo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:07 pm

Sims wrote:The lack of black managers in football is purely down to as Ange said, the lack of good English coaches & managers in general. I was speaking to my mate whose got Montserrat heritage & his dads a youth coach at Spurs and we agreed on that fact, that all English managers are deadout. The only half decent one is Eddie Howe and look where he is. Perhaps there's a lack of opportunity regarding race but otherwise it's just a lack of quality, in every race whose English

Follow me on this if;

The lack of black managers in football is down to a lack of good English coaches in general

and;

All English managers are deadout

Why would their be a lack of any group of mangers.

If we reversed that and said that English manager are good and black managers just can't compete white the talent pool, that would be the case that one would put forward if they were taking the no issue stance.

Opportunity will always be an issue, granted if you're excellent at anything you will always get a look in, its where we drop a level where things become more complicated.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Apollo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:The problem is that people get hired on merits, not on the colour of their skin. Some people just don't like the simple fact that some of these minority people just aren't good enough for the job as there was someone who was better.

I do wish I lived in your world.

The idea of a meritocracy is my ultimate dream for the human race, hopefully we'll get there in a couple millennia.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby arsebandit » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:21 pm

I experienced, perhaps positive discrimination whist working in the fire service. Apparently the colour of us firefighters didn't paint a true reflection of the ethnic diversity in our county which equated to something ridiculous like one & two thirds, almost 2 people but not quite, of our fire station should be black/asian. Subsequently our ethnic quota was achieved, regardless of merit, to satisfy the PC brigade. To be blunt, if 3000 white people applied for 1 job as a firefighter yet only 1 black person applied ability & suitability were disregarded... The ethnic minority got the job to better reflect our multicultural county... We are still 2/3rds short but I believe a polish dwarf is penciled in. If said dwarf happens to be female we've hit the jackpot!
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Apollo wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:QPR are coming across as racist. Sack Chris Ramsey and now the fave for the job is Hasselbaink. Sounds like their back up option is Chris Powell. Are they even interviewing white managers? How does a white manager not get to the final interviews with around 95% of managers being white.

I sincerely hope that this is a joke.

It is mate. ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:58 pm

I read that.... and I really wasn't sure :lol:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010