08/11/2015 | Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham | Premier League

Re: 08/11/2015 | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Premier League

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Not using as an excuse but just to put into perspective our situation wrt to injuries. Players we have out:

Bellerin
Rosicky
Ramsey
Welbeck
Ox
Walcott

If we take the players out from their team who play in similar positions then they would have had out:

Walker
Mason
Dembele
Chadli
Townsend
Kane

...and their team would look something like:

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Alli
Lamela --- Eriksen --- N'Jie
Son

We did well to get a point considering the circumstances
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:35 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:So the yearly ritual of blaming the circumstances/injuries/fixtures/fatigue has started but this year it has started a bit too early. 12 games in to the season and already we have a squad which looks overworked, stretched out and gasping for breath with jaded legs. Relying on injured aging players to provide cover, not going out and buying an outfield player, and blaming the the fixtures when the fixture list was laid out before the season was started. Wenger has to take come cop for believing this squad was capable of handling injuries, suspensions and the daunting fixture list. Without doing anything about it in the summer if he comes out now moaning about injuries and suspensions for umpteenth time in the last decade then i can only say.. rinse and repeat forever.

City drew Aston Villa. We drew an Inform Tottenham side that at the moment looks better then M United, Chelsea, Liverpool etc... I don't really see the issue here? Not saying Wenger isn't to blame for not bringing in outfield players but i feel better then i felt before the game tbh...

So should we base our results on their results? They have a much bigger and better squad. Naturally we need to make up whenever they slip up. Saying they slipped up so us slipping up is okay is not right. All this matters if we are serious about winning the title. If we are not then anything is okay.

Mate if you think we are going to pick up three points every time we step on the pitch pick up a controller and put it on semi pro that way you won't be disappointed..

I just feel this game was very much winnable. You may disagree and think one point was fine i respect your opinion but contrary to some opinions here this Tottenham starting eleven isn't as big a deal as it being made out to be.

Then, why have they lost only 1 game so far?

With out depleted squad, this was a forgone conclusion. Swansea, Bayern, and Spurs in a week is too much for the same set of 11.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ESFSAFC » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:36 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Not using as an excuse but just to put into perspective our situation wrt to injuries. Players we have out:

Bellerin
Rosicky
Ramsey
Welbeck
Ox
Walcott

If we take the players out from their team who play in similar positions then they would have had out:

Walker
Mason
Dembele
Chadli
Townsend
Kane

Lloris
Dier Alli
Son

Also Wilshere.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:36 pm

Angelito wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:So the yearly ritual of blaming the circumstances/injuries/fixtures/fatigue has started but this year it has started a bit too early. 12 games in to the season and already we have a squad which looks overworked, stretched out and gasping for breath with jaded legs. Relying on injured aging players to provide cover, not going out and buying an outfield player, and blaming the the fixtures when the fixture list was laid out before the season was started. Wenger has to take come cop for believing this squad was capable of handling injuries, suspensions and the daunting fixture list. Without doing anything about it in the summer if he comes out now moaning about injuries and suspensions for umpteenth time in the last decade then i can only say.. rinse and repeat forever.

City drew Aston Villa. We drew an Inform Tottenham side that at the moment looks better then M United, Chelsea, Liverpool etc... I don't really see the issue here? Not saying Wenger isn't to blame for not bringing in outfield players but i feel better then i felt before the game tbh...

So should we base our results on their results? They have a much bigger and better squad. Naturally we need to make up whenever they slip up. Saying they slipped up so us slipping up is okay is not right. All this matters if we are serious about winning the title. If we are not then anything is okay.

Mate if you think we are going to pick up three points every time we step on the pitch pick up a controller and put it on semi pro that way you won't be disappointed..

I just feel this game was very much winnable. You may disagree and think one point was fine i respect your opinion but contrary to some opinions here this Tottenham starting eleven isn't as big a deal as it being made out to be.

With out depleted squad, this was a forgone conclusion. Swansea, Bayern, and Spurs in a week is too much for the same set of 11.

Six draws. The most in the premiership.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby QPRSENAL » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:37 pm

I don't think anyone is saying this match wasn't winnable, of course it was. However, on balance, based on the performance and squad available a point is not a disaster, people are just calling for some perspective.

This game won't determine our season, man city before christmas is where we need to most be at the races
Last edited by QPRSENAL on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QPRSENAL
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:38 pm

QPRSENAL wrote:I don't think anyone is saying this match wasn't winnable, of course it was. However, on balance, based on the performance and squad available a point is not a disaster, people are just calling for some perspective.

Nothing was done about it in the summer though.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:38 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:

Six draws.

Still doesn't answer my question.

That only tells us how defensively well organized they are. 5th in the League.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jules_w » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:39 pm

Their players not being better than ours doesn't matter. Having the best players doesn't garantee you 3 points or titles. Just look at the last United team winning the league under SAF. They had a better gameplan than us today , as simple as that. They were better in the first half but lost it in the 2nd , we got a point , we shouldn't be disappointed.
jules_w
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:41 pm

ESFSAFC wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Not using as an excuse but just to put into perspective our situation wrt to injuries. Players we have out:

Bellerin
Rosicky
Wilshere
Ramsey
Welbeck
Ox
Walcott

Walker
Mason
Bentaleb
Dembele
Chadli
Townsend
Kane

Lloris
Dier Alli
Son

Also Wilshere.

Fixed. Forgot Wilshere.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby ESFSAFC » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:41 pm

WTF is this!!!!!! Why are they doing an interview together...

Kane trying to come back maybe.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:42 pm

QPRSENAL wrote:I don't think anyone is saying this match wasn't winnable, of course it was. However, on balance, based on the performance and squad available a point is not a disaster, people are just calling for some perspective.

This game won't determine our season, man city before christmas is where we need to most be at the races

Rosicky, Wilshere, Arteta, Ox and Walcott seem to always be injured/not fit......PERSPECTIVE!!
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Angelito wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:

Six draws.

Still doesn't answer my question.

That only tells us how defensively well organized they are. 5th in the League.

Leicester are third so? The point is that we had pretty much the same eleven being pounded right left and center all because some chap did not know how to do his job in the summer. The point is you cannot blame fixtures/injuries/suspensions if you are ambitious about winning the title. Tottenham played a day later than us. As i said i won't be surprised if there are more more wear and tear injuries simply because the body can only take so much.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby QPRSENAL » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:43 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

Nothing was done about it in the summer though.

As other people have said, you take out as many people as we have and there's no real accounting for that. That is NOT to say we shouldn't have bought in but few sides would cope well with that many attacking players out.

What is more concerning is we don't have more youngsters here who are deemed ready and capable of filling in like apurs or united have.
QPRSENAL
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:46 pm

People are blaming the circumstances but was something done about it. Injured aging players being handed extensions. Welbeck was injured before the window. Walcott was coming off a major injury. Wilshere has been consistently injured. So whose mistake was it to rely on a squad which was big on numbers but when you scratch the surface you will see a third of the squad is injury prone.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:46 pm

Mesüt wrote:Ah well I'll take that tbh, little bit gutted after we scored we looked like we could've gone on and stolen it. When you look at the whole game we were lucky to get a point at home to these lot but losing would've been unbearable.

Injuries
Fatigue
Outplayed
Unbeaten
Still joint top

I'm happy enough.

I was going to post my thoughts but you summed it up perfectly Mesut.
Callum
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16