Wenger - I want Super Class

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Wenger - I want Super Class

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:37 pm

Courtesy of Arsenal.com

Arsène Wenger only intends to buy a couple of “super, super class” players in the summer.

Over the past fortnight, the Arsenal manager has seen his side knocked out of three major competitions. He travels to Aston Villa tonight still hoping to salvage second place in the Premiership but he knows this will be a trophyless season once again.

However the Frenchman believes his young squad needs tweaking, not major surgery. Once the transfer window opens in the summer, he’ll hope to acquire only prestige players to add to his squad.

“It will be maybe one or two — maximum,” he said, “and then only super, super-class because we have what is needed. If someone is available I would always try to improve my team but the basis is inside the club.

"Of course [our situation] is frustrating but as well it is promising because we are five to six years younger than everyone else. I know that people want ‘here and now’ - we live in a society of ‘here and now’ - but unfortunately unless we have massive amounts of money we have to be patient.

"And I feel we are not far away from the other teams."

Brilliant that Wenger wants to sign a few world class players......summer will be interesting, especailly if we get whoever he has targeted.....Robinho anyone? we been linked with him on several occasions as well as teh time he rejected us for Madrid, which was to obtain a european passport. We all know Wenger is an admirer of him so i wouldnt be suprised to see us go in for him again.......guess it will be 'Watch this Space' ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby CLS » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:20 pm

NOT LIKE HIM TO WANT TO SIGN ESTABLISHED PLAYER AS HE NORMAL LIKES TO GRAB A BARGAIN

BUT IT COULD BE INTERSTING WE SURE DO NEED A COUPLE
Last edited by CLS on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby left right left » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:01 pm

if we add a few super stars to the young stars it may just be what we need
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fordy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:04 pm

Van der vart would be a good signing for you he is a attacking mid he plays left right and center and he is young but he would not be cheap.
Fordy

Postby left right left » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:32 pm

ant he at everton
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rachael » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:04 pm

thats van der meyde, think hes at hamburg van der vaart
Rachael
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby spursfan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:39 pm

Wenger - I want Super Arse.
THFC
spursfan
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Piston Broke » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:25 am

rachael wrote:thats van der meyde, think hes at hamburg van der vaart

Yeah Van Der Vart is at Hamburg because thats where his girlfriend is i believe ??
He went there for peanuts because she wanted to be close to home so no other club got a look in the coach of hamburg must of been pissing himself laughing. All the big clubs went in for him but he turned them all down t**t!

I also just saw this

Relegation threatened Hamburg have warned Bayern Munich that in-demand midfielder Rafael van der Vaart is not for sale.

Bayern president Franz Beckenbauer suggested that the Bavarian giants could turn to the gifted playmaker in order to fill the midfield void left by Michael Ballack’s transfer to Chelsea.

However, Hamburg have move quickly to warn their Bundesliga rivals to keep their hands off the Dutch international.

"He is a vital player in our team and is of enormous importance for our future planning. The player is not for sale and there’s no financial bottom line," declared Hamburg’s director of sport Dietmar Beiersdorfer.

The former Ajax star, who is tied to Hamburg until 2010, has missed large parts of the season due to injury problems, but has nevertheless played an important role in helping the Rothosen pull out of the drop zone.

His fine form has made him a summer transfer target for Bayern but Hamburg are determined to stave off any potential interest by handing him an improved contract.

"We are going to deal with the matter as soon as we have secured our Bundesliga status," confirmed Beiersdorfer.

I particularly liked this bit after their we'll Never sell stance
"We are going to deal with the matter as soon as we have secured our Bundesliga status," confirmed Beiersdorfer.

In other words if we get demoted highest bidder wins :lol:
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby pirezfan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:45 pm

whatever it is we need a creative winger, and one who has pin-point passing accuracy. Sigh but I wish wenger would just stop going for bargains and just pay for a solid reputed winger.
once a gooner...ALWAYS A GOONER!!
GO GUNNERS GO!
pirezfan
Patrick Vieira

Postby ken day » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:17 pm

class players want champs league, not waffer cup
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Return to Arsenal Talk