Sims wrote:
Zedie wrote:Image

I cant breathe
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Re: 29/08/15 | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:53 pm

Against a ten man Newcastle huffing and puffing needing an own goal to get past. Points on board are what count and i know it but if we continue to play like we have so far this season we will struggle to score. It is not just the Striker issue that is striking but also the way we have been completely flat so far.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Zedie wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Yago wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
elkanofan wrote:another striker would be nice but WHO?

Decent performance, we got he 3 points, looked very very comfortable but infront of goal we need to be better.

Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Aubemeyang, Cavani, Lukaku, Lacazette, Kane, Moratta. Isco, Draxler, or Gotze even might do a better job than what we've got atm. Just bring in somebody who can rotate with Giroud. Not too much to ask for is it

Just slap down some money on the table and clubs will sell

3 are unrealistic, 3 aren't good enough, 3 aren't strikers and you'd be overpaying a lot for Cavani and Lacazette

So we sign no one? Btw which three aren't good enough? Assuming Moratta's one you don't think is good enough, wouldn't you rather have him start with the option of bringing on Giroud later than having Giroud and no one to replace him?

Sign Lukaku for £60m

With FFP not meaning anything now, if Lukaku for 60 mil is the only option we have (with heavy emphasis on "only option") then why not. The market we're currently in has Sterling's going for 50 mil, David Luiz going for 50 mil, De Bruyne going for 52 mil, Mangala going for 32 mil, Pogba's worth over 70 mil, Stones worth 40 mil, Kane worth 45 mil.

Before I would be the first to be against this but we're only hurting ourselves by not changing when rules that should have been properly enforced have not been
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Wenger moaning about FFP like a naive teenager. Everyone knew FFP was a farce but Wenger has been moaning forever lolz. Too many accountants worrying about the price of particular player with very few looking at the footballing benefits that particular player could bring. Wenger has actually stooped far lower than ever this window.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Denis_E » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Against a ten man Newcastle huffing and puffing needing an own goal to get past. Points on board are what count and i know it but if we continue to play like we have so far this season we will struggle to score. It is not just the Striker issue that is striking but also the way we have been completely flat so far.

But that's what champions are made of mate!:

Playing really shit for at least half a season
Winning a load of scrappy games
....and losing a shit load of points as well and in the end not being champions anyway.....but never mind that....it's what champions are made of
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThugLife » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:28 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Yago wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

Decent performance, we got he 3 points, looked very very comfortable but infront of goal we need to be better.

Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Aubemeyang, Cavani, Lukaku, Lacazette, Kane, Moratta. Isco, Draxler, or Gotze even might do a better job than what we've got atm. Just bring in somebody who can rotate with Giroud. Not too much to ask for is it

3 are unrealistic, 3 aren't good enough, 3 aren't strikers and you'd be overpaying a lot for Cavani and Lacazette

So we sign no one? Btw which three aren't good enough? Assuming Moratta's one you don't think is good enough, wouldn't you rather have him start with the option of bringing on Giroud later than having Giroud and no one to replace him?

Sign Lukaku for £60m

With FFP not meaning anything now, if Lukaku for 60 mil is the only option we have (with heavy emphasis on "only option") then why not. The market we're currently in has Sterling's going for 50 mil, David Luiz going for 50 mil, De Bruyne going for 52 mil, Mangala going for 32 mil, Pogba's worth over 70 mil, Stones worth 40 mil, Kane worth 45 mil.

Before I would be the first to be against this but we're only hurting ourselves by not changing when rules that should have been properly enforced have not been

Hell no. He's not even as good as Giroud. The only reason he gets some joy for Everton is because teams are more willing to play openly against them. He'll do nothing for us - he'll have much less space, much less time on the ball and will look even more of a donkey than Giroud.

You guys are absolutely nuts. But then again, 70% of Arsenal fans wanted to sign Balotelli last season and Felani a couple of years before that.
ThugLife
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:53 pm

ThugLife wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Yago wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

Sign Lukaku for £60m

Hell no. He's not even as good as Giroud. The only reason he gets some joy for Everton is because teams are more willing to play openly against them. He'll do nothing for us - he'll have much less space, much less time on the ball and will look even more of a donkey than Giroud.

You guys are absolutely nuts. But then again, 70% of Arsenal fans wanted to sign Balotelli last season and Felani a couple of years before that.

We have 1 player in the team good enough to play the CF position. I admit it would be dumb to spend that kind of money on Lukaku but if you were given the option to sign Lukaku or no one you wouldn't do it. Signing no CF this season basically guarantees we win no major trophies this season
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Arsenal wins and its my Birthday ........ told ya!

Now I'm off to get fked. :arsenal3:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:06 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Arsenal wins and its my Birthday ........ told ya!

Now I'm off to get fked. :arsenal3:

Straightner?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:53 pm

absolutely toothless up front but we gummed them to death a win is a win but jesus someone anyone FFS call the cavalry we need reinforcements

I have always said Theo is the most over rated player no skills (other than electric pace) cant read a game or make a run and can hardly kick a ball BUT we don't make it easy for him tippy tappy is never going to bring the best out in him what he needs is the midfield bypassed and long balls hit over for him with space for the pace.

its going to be a long season with the strike force we have and if our manager cannot read how to get the best out of the assets those players have that he plays
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby sub_sub » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:29 pm

playing with that damn handbrake again.
sub_sub
Liam Brady

Postby Denis_E » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:41 pm

VCC wrote:absolutely toothless up front but we gummed them to death a win is a win but jesus someone anyone FFS call the cavalry we need reinforcements

I have always said Theo is the most over rated player no skills (other than electric pace) cant read a game or make a run and can hardly kick a ball BUT we don't make it easy for him tippy tappy is never going to bring the best out in him what he needs is the midfield bypassed and long balls hit over for him with space for the pace.

its going to be a long season with the strike force we have and if our manager cannot read how to get the best out of the assets those players have that he plays

I agree Theo is pretty wank when push comes to shove.

He had all this promise being quicker than the flash, I remember when he first came over from Southhampton around 2005 if I'm not mistaken. My friend's lambasted me over judging his then lack of technical ability - mind you he was just a winger as well then

progress progress progress - f***ing 10 years later, during which time he's held us ransom over wages twice and what a world beater he's become right?

Admittedly there were occasions where I rated him higher relative to the other dross we've had and do still have up front. His record against Chelsea seemed to be pretty good for some reason, that goal he scored when we won 5-2 away to them in RVP's final season always comes to mind

But then I remember the first saga where he bent us over the barrel for a higher wage. when we put 7 goals past a dire dire Newcastle (not much has changed lol) at home, I believe he had a hatrick, and at the end of the match he was strutting around winking to the cameras like a gimp, so smug that the one occasion he managed to create the illusion that he's worth the money.

Especially today we saw just how shite he can be, as a striker anyway. I do remember in the past some through balls that he got and finished them neatly a la Henry but they were literally just some isolated occasions now. He still has his uses as a winger assuming his speed doesn't decline too much

But just outrageous how he summons that wage and we are now dependent on him when the other shit show in our striker department plays so bad as to make even Wenger sub him.

Just add to the legacy Wenger will leave behind, of having never had the gumption to go get the players we need but opted to reward those who didn't deserve it and effectively mean we're stuck with them until they're getting liver spots (see Arteta)
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:51 pm

Denis_E wrote:
VCC wrote:absolutely toothless up front but we gummed them to death a win is a win but jesus someone anyone FFS call the cavalry we need reinforcements

I agree Theo is pretty wank when push comes to shove.

He had all this promise being quicker than the flash, I remember when he first came over from Southhampton around 2005 if I'm not mistaken. My friend's lambasted me over judging his then lack of technical ability - mind you he was just a winger as well then

progress progress progress - f***ing 10 years later, during which time he's held us ransom over wages twice and what a world beater he's become right?

Admittedly there were occasions where I rated him higher relative to the other dross we've had and do still have up front. His record against Chelsea seemed to be pretty good for some reason, that goal he scored when we won 5-2 away to them in RVP's final season always comes to mind

But then I remember the first saga where he bent us over the barrel for a higher wage. when we put 7 goals past a dire dire Newcastle (not much has changed lol) at home, I believe he had a hatrick, and at the end of the match he was strutting around winking to the cameras like a gimp, so smug that the one occasion he managed to create the illusion that he's worth the money.

Especially today we saw just how shite he can be, as a striker anyway. I do remember in the past some through balls that he got and finished them neatly a la Henry but they were literally just some isolated occasions now. He still has his uses as a winger assuming his speed doesn't decline too much

But just outrageous how he summons that wage and we are now dependent on him when the other shit show in our striker department plays so bad as to make even Wenger sub him.

Just add to the legacy Wenger will leave behind, of having never had the gumption to go get the players we need but opted to reward those who didn't deserve it and effectively mean we're stuck with them until they're getting liver spots (see Arteta)

Arteta was past his best when we got him

he was just the best cheapish option available at the time with out having to pay serious money.

good post and I agree

I do how ever wonder with the right tactics how a frontline of sanchez welbeck Walcott ox would go NO TIPPY TAPPY just banging long balls up all day.in Walcott and welbeck they may need three chances to score each but I do wonder how any Premier league would cope with that pace right across the frontline
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:53 pm

Disagree about Arteta, he was a solid signing for us during a period of instability. A key reason why we're still a CL club
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Sims wrote:Disagree about Arteta, he was a solid signing for us during a period of instability. A key reason why we're still a CL club

was on the decline though past his best but experienced enough to hold his own was only the big clubs that had his number
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16