What should I do Broskis?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Which option

Option 1
79%
Option 2
21%

Total votes : 14

Re: What should I do Broskis?

Postby UFGN » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:56 am

Dejan wrote:
UFGN wrote:I am not going to answer your question, but I will say this;

There is no such thing as a shit job that pays good money. As long as the money coming in is decent and you are not being badly treated, then that is a good job. It doesnt matter exactly what your job is.

I have what most people, including me, would say is a quite mundane job. I am not a manager of any sort, just a body. But they pay me £30K and I get plenty of time off. I have no serious qualifications, no degree, just a few basic qualifications and a career that has seen one job lead to another.

If you want to improve your qualifications then go for it.... but make sure whatever you do is going to be of practical use in the workplace. And remember that the bottom line is money in your pay packet.

I dont really agree with this. I want a job that i really like, if i dislike it, i get crazy.
I work in a factory now, its a 3-shift job, So i barely see my homies, my back hurts all the time when working...
Im only 19, i feel way too young to work in a factory.

Sorry bruv but shift work is what it is. Its not called play, its called work!! Can you not do shift swaps with your colleagues to get more time off when you want it?

If its hurting you physically that is more of a problem and maybe you should look elsewhere... but I still stand by what I said overall.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:23 am

Dejan wrote:
Trina wrote:Good post, I totally agree with the above. Never give up Dejan, if you want it you can make it happen.

I stopped believing in this sentence a long time ago ;)
Its a sentence made up by people who've got it all

But how do you think they 'got it all'?
Very few people breeze through life all the way to the top without any rejections. People like Richard Branson were turned down for jobs plenty of times before they finally started to make money.
Even Wenger had to tough it out in Japan before finally getting the job he deserved. He couldn't speak a word of f***ing Japanese.

JordanTheGunner wrote:Everyone gets rejected/accepted at some stage in their life, but the ones who are up their with the top bunch are the ones with the best reactions, the ones who just want to ride that storm and don't look back.

True.
Roll with the punches as they say.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:05 pm

UFGN wrote:Sorry bruv but shift work is what it is. Its not called play, its called work!! Can you not do shift swaps with your colleagues to get more time off when you want it?

If its hurting you physically that is more of a problem and maybe you should look elsewhere... but I still stand by what I said overall.

I think 19 is way too young to work in a factory, i still need to work for 50 years more.
Its a must that you work 3 shifts here in this factory so i have no other option then change job since i wanna spend more time on my social life.

I also feel too good to work in a factory, i know, this might come across as a spoiled attitude. But if ur sure u can do college, then working in a factory feels shit.

Inchpractice wrote:But how do you think they 'got it all'?
Very few people breeze through life all the way to the top without any rejections. People like Richard Branson were turned down for jobs plenty of times before they finally started to make money.
Even Wenger had to tough it out in Japan before finally getting the job he deserved. He couldn't speak a word of f***ing Japanese.

Mostly talent or wisdom i'd say. I dont have them both.
Thanks for the positive replies anyway, it made me feel not to give up and go on.

Although i have no clue what to do. Gonna call on monday if i can make a test, fingers crossed.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:19 pm

Zedie wrote:I picked option 1 mostly because of Goose's reasons. If your into doing physio etc. Why dont you try to get a part time placement somewhere at a sports club.

I know the sporting system in Holland is advanced on all levels, so there should be a few clubs out there that you could apply to to see if you like it. It wouldnt have to be paid, just offer to do a few hours a week for free or something for experience.

People respond to someone that is willing to get up and go get what they want!
Plus, if you get a job in a girls volleyball team, you will literally be getting paid to feel chicks up!!!

If it doesnt work out with the further study this time round, try doing the thing in bold. There is more than one way to get what you want!

Just keep thinking why you want this so bad and never give up! Trust me Dejan, my life could have gone a completely different way, but i decided to turn my shit around and really go after what i wanted and i didnt give up. It was hard, but once you've achieved what you want, working for it makes it all the more sweeeeet.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:48 am

just called. Cant do any tests, im not getting accepted.
total bullshit, motherfuckers
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby liam_cork » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:17 pm

chin up, things will turn out right
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:26 pm

Again there are 2 options on the table.

I can go to education for adults(like option 1) but on a lower level(basically the same level of education ive already done). Its 1 year, and after that, i will be allowed to do the 1 year of adult education from the original post. And after that college/university

or

i can find a nice jobb for a year.. and meanwhile im working I can order the books from the level i need to go to college/university and study on my own. I can do exams aswell but this would be really hard to succeed because studying after work is pretty difficult. If i dont succeed the exams, it wouldnt be the biggest nightmare because i will be turning 21 then soon and can do the 21+ college test.

Think im going for option 2
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Do what you feel fits in best with your lifestyle. The important thing is to not give up at this stage! Its easy to quit now because the road is long and you at the start again but if you do that, you WILL look back years from now and regret it.

Good to hear that you still going for it!!!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:44 am

A big update guys!!

Im quite fed up with work at the moment and really want to get some education(cant get it out of my head).
Its possible to do the state-exams for that education I need for university. (the same i got rejected for on that school).

So ive decided to try that. It will be a hard and long ride since i wont go to school and have to do everything by myself at home.
I will do 4 subjects this year, Economics, Mathemathics, English and Managment. And 5 other subjects the year after.

Im motivated!!

the only bad thing is that, I need to stop working for it, so no money. Ive spare up like 1400 euros now, but that is no way enough to survive 8 months(exams are in july). So need to find a way to survive financially!!

If everything goes well, i can go to university in 2 years!!!!!!
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:06 am

Good for you D, make sure you stay disciplined and on top of your studies.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:03 pm

funny readying back at this thread.

I started few years with option 1(in main post). Got a few subjects and passes them. Quit with it when my father passed away.
Worked for about 2-3 years and did the entry test for uni earlier in the summer.

First day of uni tomorrow. Logistics and economics.

We all gonna make it brahs
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:42 am

Real talk. Good shit brah
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:54 am

The perseverance.

:clap:
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Git » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:32 am

Funny looking back and seeing what you were doing 4 years ago.

Glad it's all going well for you Dejano.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:10 am

Dejan wrote:funny readying back at this thread.

I started few years with option 1(in main post). Got a few subjects and passes them. Quit with it when my father passed away.
Worked for about 2-3 years and did the entry test for uni earlier in the summer.

First day of uni tomorrow. Logistics and economics.

We all gonna make it brahs

Congrats and good luck mate!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext