Gay Marriage

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:hey, take it easy buddy.
it was not intended to be rude, at all.
Im just saying that you are fan of a fascist.
thats all.

You called me a fundamentalist mother f**ker, so f**k you!! You don't know the first thing about me. Just because you aren't intelligent enough to understand Sam doesn't mean you get to label him with such insults. Open up your mind you ****!!

I did not call you a fundamentalist, i just said that you approach scriptures the way harris does, like a fundamentalist.
again, take it easy buddy. insults are not going to help your point.

and btw:

If I could wave a magic wand and get rid of either rape or religion, I would not hesitate to get rid of religion.
sam harris, your idol.

dont ban him please, he is a cool dude and apparently he misunderstood what i was trying to explain.
:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

Maybe go read his blog and you can understand him. You have just taken one sentence (probably out of context) and assumed it means something that it most likely doesn't. He gets accusations like this all the time, and he has an explanation and rebuttal for all of them. His critics do the same thing you are doing, and they all end up with egg on their face.

if i want to learn about physics i don't go and ask an anthropologist.
if i want to learn about religion, i dont go to a neuroscientist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Divinity_School

harris is a media creation that fit Fox agenda, he is a fascist that hate what is different, he is not the voice of knowledge.
he is the guy that measures your head to determine criminality.
but again, i dont want to discuss harris with you because you have already made your mind about it.
but just because i like you, stop talking like you do about this topic publicly, it make you look worst than a blondie from fox news.

if you are interested in religion i can give some cool signpost/reference towards knowledge, if you are interesting in hate and pseudoscience you continue the harris path.

Right, we could argue forever about Sam, but I honestly believe you're wrong about him. I know how he comes off, but if you dig deep into his meaning, and reasoning, you would see that you're wrong about him, like many people are.

If one day I find out I'm wrong about him, then I will admit it. He's a very misunderstood person because many people only see whats on the outside of his words, they don't give it enough thought or time to see what he actually means. The average person can't even comprehend him, I have a hard time myself, but that doesn't mean I don't.

We agree on this topic anyway, you just chose to bash me about harris, which was way off the original topic.

he is a best seller buddy.
derrida is hard to comprehend.

i would leave this here:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... ected.html
i hope you read it.

Are you saying that since he's a best seller that people correctly comprehend him? You don't have to take a comprehension quiz before you buy a book ya know! You're thinking is what I like to call black and white thinking. If something ain't black to you, then it must be white (metaphorically of course). You'd fit right in here in Merica!!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Maradonna » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:24 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:hey, take it easy buddy.
it was not intended to be rude, at all.
Im just saying that you are fan of a fascist.
thats all.

You called me a fundamentalist mother f**ker, so f**k you!! You don't know the first thing about me. Just because you aren't intelligent enough to understand Sam doesn't mean you get to label him with such insults. Open up your mind you ****!!

I did not call you a fundamentalist, i just said that you approach scriptures the way harris does, like a fundamentalist.
again, take it easy buddy. insults are not going to help your point.

and btw:

If I could wave a magic wand and get rid of either rape or religion, I would not hesitate to get rid of religion.
sam harris, your idol.

dont ban him please, he is a cool dude and apparently he misunderstood what i was trying to explain.
:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

Maybe go read his blog and you can understand him. You have just taken one sentence (probably out of context) and assumed it means something that it most likely doesn't. He gets accusations like this all the time, and he has an explanation and rebuttal for all of them. His critics do the same thing you are doing, and they all end up with egg on their face.

if i want to learn about physics i don't go and ask an anthropologist.
if i want to learn about religion, i dont go to a neuroscientist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Divinity_School

harris is a media creation that fit Fox agenda, he is a fascist that hate what is different, he is not the voice of knowledge.
he is the guy that measures your head to determine criminality.
but again, i dont want to discuss harris with you because you have already made your mind about it.
but just because i like you, stop talking like you do about this topic publicly, it make you look worst than a blondie from fox news.

if you are interested in religion i can give some cool signpost/reference towards knowledge, if you are interesting in hate and pseudoscience you continue the harris path.

Right, we could argue forever about Sam, but I honestly believe you're wrong about him. I know how he comes off, but if you dig deep into his meaning, and reasoning, you would see that you're wrong about him, like many people are.

If one day I find out I'm wrong about him, then I will admit it. He's a very misunderstood person because many people only see whats on the outside of his words, they don't give it enough thought or time to see what he actually means. The average person can't even comprehend him, I have a hard time myself, but that doesn't mean I don't.

We agree on this topic anyway, you just chose to bash me about harris, which was way off the original topic.

he is a best seller buddy.
derrida is hard to comprehend.

i would leave this here:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... ected.html
i hope you read it.

Are you saying that since he's a best seller that people correctly comprehend him? You don't have to take a comprehension quiz before you buy a book ya know! You're thinking is what I like to call black and white thinking. If something ain't black to you, then it must be white (metaphorically of course). You'd fit right in here in Merica!!!

no, im saying that his prose is very "user friendly"

out of topic, do you go to uni? what do you study?
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jackson » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:31 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:
Jackson wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
Jackson wrote:Harris is a bit of a knob but he's actually right.

on what?
On religion being a pile of poo.

The problem with not just Sam but with the new atheists in general is that they give atheism a bad name. My greatest intellectual heroes are all atheists, whether I'm talking about [Arthur] Schopenhauer, or [Sigmund] Freud, or Marx, or [Ludwig] Feuerbach. These were the people who gave birth to the modern world. They were the people who gave birth to the enlightenment. But they were experts in religion. They understood religion and then criticized it from a place of expertise, and there is lots to criticize about religion as you have rightly said.
]
I have some sympathy for that view and often find militant atheists a pain in the f***ing arse, but they are right however they spin it.
And here's to you Mathieu Flamini
Arsene loves you more than you will ever know (wo, wo, wo, wo)
Jackson
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:26 am

Guys, calm down. No need to accuse one another or get into a nasty discussion.

The problem with religion is that it always seems to bring the worst out of people than, the presumed, best. ;)
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:34 am

jmiles10 wrote:All religion is, is comfort from death.

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

- Mark Twain
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:06 am

Jackson wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
Jackson wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
Jackson wrote:Harris is a bit of a knob but he's actually right.

on what?
On religion being a pile of poo.

The problem with not just Sam but with the new atheists in general is that they give atheism a bad name. My greatest intellectual heroes are all atheists, whether I'm talking about [Arthur] Schopenhauer, or [Sigmund] Freud, or Marx, or [Ludwig] Feuerbach. These were the people who gave birth to the modern world. They were the people who gave birth to the enlightenment. But they were experts in religion. They understood religion and then criticized it from a place of expertise, and there is lots to criticize about religion as you have rightly said.
]
I have some sympathy for that view and often find militant atheists a pain in the f***ing arse, but they are right however they spin it.

No they aren't. most of the stuff they come out with is nothing more than closed rants.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jmiles10 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
jmiles10 wrote:All religion is, is comfort from death.

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

- Mark Twain

I subscribe to that philosophy. But someone people have ridiculous f***ing egos and rating of self importance that they can't take their precious little selves becoming extinct.
jmiles10
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:12 am

"Jesus is our lord and saviour and the son of God" = Spiritual and thoughtful

"God doesn't exist, none of that stuff happened" = Ignorant and closed minded
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Apollo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:15 am

F*cking Atheists.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jmiles10 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:19 am

UFGN wrote:"Jesus is our lord and saviour and the son of God" = Spiritual and thoughtful

"God doesn't exist, none of that stuff happened" = Ignorant and closed minded

If you want to keep it private its fair enough.

But when a whole region of the world is ruiend by it or peopke have a problem with gays because of outdated books it seems more hassle than its worth
jmiles10
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Was God behind the Big Bang?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:36 pm

Angelito wrote:Was God behind the Big Bang?

Not if you believe the bible.

If you're asking a broader question of, is god in fact real and all the science we observe actually his method of creation, then thats an idea thats worth exploring.... But it certainly doesn't tie in with any mainstream religion as currently taught.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:58 pm

Apollo wrote:F*cking Atheists.

Atheist don't say god doesn't exist, although some might. The definition is "lack of belief in a deity", that's it. Nothing more.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:05 pm

If he is real and I go up to the pearly gates and he's standing there I'll just say 'sorry geez thought it was all a bit ridiculous' then you get accepted into heaven init.

Otherwise I couldn't give a toss about all aspects of religion, christianity, athiesm whatever.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Git » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:46 pm

Sims wrote:If he is real and I go up to the pearly gates and he's standing there I'll just say 'sorry geez thought it was all a bit ridiculous' then you get accepted into heaven init.

Otherwise I couldn't give a toss about all aspects of religion, christianity, athiesm whatever.

My philosophy:

live-a-good-life-if-there-are-gods-and-they-are-just-then-they-will-not-care-how-devout-you-have-bee.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate