Gay Marriage

Debate about anything going on in the world.
Please remember everyone has their own opinion

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Maradonna » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:05 pm

hey, take it easy buddy.
it was not intended to be rude, at all.
Im just saying that you are fan of a fascist.
thats all.
Maradonna
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:34 pm
Location: Villa Crespo

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:20 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:hey, take it easy buddy.
it was not intended to be rude, at all.
Im just saying that you are fan of a fascist.
thats all.



You called me a fundamentalist mother f***er, so f**k you!! You don't know the first thing about me. Just because you aren't intelligent enough to understand Sam doesn't mean you get to label him with such insults. Open up your mind you c***!!
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35110
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Maradonna » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:27 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:hey, take it easy buddy.
it was not intended to be rude, at all.
Im just saying that you are fan of a fascist.
thats all.



You called me a fundamentalist mother f**ker, so f**k you!! You don't know the first thing about me. Just because you aren't intelligent enough to understand Sam doesn't mean you get to label him with such insults. Open up your mind you ****!!

I did not call you a fundamentalist, i just said that you approach scriptures the way harris does, like a fundamentalist.
again, take it easy buddy. insults are not going to help your point.
lol at the need of intelligence to understand harris.
and btw:

If I could wave a magic wand and get rid of either rape or religion, I would not hesitate to get rid of religion.
sam harris, your idol.


dont ban him please, he is a cool dude and apparently he misunderstood what i was trying to explain.
:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Last edited by Maradonna on Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maradonna
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:34 pm
Location: Villa Crespo

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:hey, take it easy buddy.
it was not intended to be rude, at all.
Im just saying that you are fan of a fascist.
thats all.



You called me a fundamentalist mother f**ker, so f**k you!! You don't know the first thing about me. Just because you aren't intelligent enough to understand Sam doesn't mean you get to label him with such insults. Open up your mind you ****!!

I did not call you a fundamentalist, i just said that you approach scriptures the way harris does, like a fundamentalist.
again, take it easy buddy. insults are not going to help your point.

and btw:

If I could wave a magic wand and get rid of either rape or religion, I would not hesitate to get rid of religion.
sam harris, your idol.


dont ban him please, he is a cool dude and apparently he misunderstood what i was trying to explain.
:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:



Maybe go read his blog and you can understand him. You have just taken one sentence (probably out of context) and assumed it means something that it most likely doesn't. He gets accusations like this all the time, and he has an explanation and rebuttal for all of them. His critics do the same thing you are doing, and they all end up with egg on their face.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35110
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Maradonna » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:39 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:hey, take it easy buddy.
it was not intended to be rude, at all.
Im just saying that you are fan of a fascist.
thats all.



You called me a fundamentalist mother f**ker, so f**k you!! You don't know the first thing about me. Just because you aren't intelligent enough to understand Sam doesn't mean you get to label him with such insults. Open up your mind you ****!!

I did not call you a fundamentalist, i just said that you approach scriptures the way harris does, like a fundamentalist.
again, take it easy buddy. insults are not going to help your point.

and btw:

If I could wave a magic wand and get rid of either rape or religion, I would not hesitate to get rid of religion.
sam harris, your idol.


dont ban him please, he is a cool dude and apparently he misunderstood what i was trying to explain.
:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:



Maybe go read his blog and you can understand him. You have just taken one sentence (probably out of context) and assumed it means something that it most likely doesn't. He gets accusations like this all the time, and he has an explanation and rebuttal for all of them. His critics do the same thing you are doing, and they all end up with egg on their face.

if i want to learn about physics i don't go and ask an anthropologist.
if i want to learn about religion, i dont go to a neuroscientist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Divinity_School

harris is a media creation that fit Fox agenda, he is a fascist that hate what is different, he is not the voice of knowledge.
he is the guy that measures your head to determine criminality.
but again, i dont want to discuss harris with you because you have already made your mind about it.
but just because i like you, stop talking like you do about this topic publicly, it make you look worst than a blondie from fox news.

if you are interested in religion i can give some cool signpost/reference towards knowledge, if you are interesting in hate and pseudoscience you continue the harris path.
Maradonna
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:34 pm
Location: Villa Crespo

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Jackson » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:43 pm

Harris is a bit of a knob but he's actually right.
And here's to you Mathieu Flamini
Arsene loves you more than you will ever know (wo, wo, wo, wo)
User avatar
Jackson
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:32 pm
Location: Herne Hill

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby LMAO » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:hey, take it easy buddy.
it was not intended to be rude, at all.
Im just saying that you are fan of a fascist.
thats all.


Okay, you've used this term multiple times in this thread (once in reply to me). I don't know if you understand the actual definition of fascist.

Taken from Merriam-Webster dictionary --> fascism: a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government
Taken from Wikipedia --> "Fascists advocate a mixed economy, with the principal goal of achieving autarky to secure national self-sufficiency and independence through protectionist and interventionist economic policies."

I may not support his militant ways, but Sam Harris is not a fascist.
User avatar
LMAO
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7089
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Maradonna » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Brandon wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:hey, take it easy buddy.
it was not intended to be rude, at all.
Im just saying that you are fan of a fascist.
thats all.


Okay, you've used this term multiple times in this thread. I don't know if you understand the actual definition of fascist.

Taken from Merriam-Webster dictionary --> fascism: a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government
Taken from Wikipedia --> "Fascists advocate a mixed economy, with the principal goal of achieving autarky to secure national self-sufficiency and independence through protectionist and interventionist economic policies."

I may not support his militant ways, but Sam Harris is not a fascist.

you should read harris, and you would understand why he is a fascist.
Behind his beautiful secular and libertarian retoric there is a full of hate discourse that encourage people to understand a sensible topic as religion, the way a mutfi from the middle of the desert would understand it.
his level of sophistication is absolute zero, he is as quackery as Hubbard.
he protested against building a mosque near WTC, he advocates the hate on religious people, he laugh about faith and he preaches hate every single time he gets a pen or infront of a mic.

he is on the hate side of the fence, im not on that side.
Maradonna
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:34 pm
Location: Villa Crespo

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Maradonna » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:54 pm

Jackson wrote:Harris is a bit of a knob but he's actually right.

on what?
Maradonna
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:34 pm
Location: Villa Crespo

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:07 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:hey, take it easy buddy.
it was not intended to be rude, at all.
Im just saying that you are fan of a fascist.
thats all.



You called me a fundamentalist mother f**ker, so f**k you!! You don't know the first thing about me. Just because you aren't intelligent enough to understand Sam doesn't mean you get to label him with such insults. Open up your mind you ****!!

I did not call you a fundamentalist, i just said that you approach scriptures the way harris does, like a fundamentalist.
again, take it easy buddy. insults are not going to help your point.

and btw:

If I could wave a magic wand and get rid of either rape or religion, I would not hesitate to get rid of religion.
sam harris, your idol.


dont ban him please, he is a cool dude and apparently he misunderstood what i was trying to explain.
:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:



Maybe go read his blog and you can understand him. You have just taken one sentence (probably out of context) and assumed it means something that it most likely doesn't. He gets accusations like this all the time, and he has an explanation and rebuttal for all of them. His critics do the same thing you are doing, and they all end up with egg on their face.

if i want to learn about physics i don't go and ask an anthropologist.
if i want to learn about religion, i dont go to a neuroscientist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Divinity_School

harris is a media creation that fit Fox agenda, he is a fascist that hate what is different, he is not the voice of knowledge.
he is the guy that measures your head to determine criminality.
but again, i dont want to discuss harris with you because you have already made your mind about it.
but just because i like you, stop talking like you do about this topic publicly, it make you look worst than a blondie from fox news.

if you are interested in religion i can give some cool signpost/reference towards knowledge, if you are interesting in hate and pseudoscience you continue the harris path.



Right, we could argue forever about Sam, but I honestly believe you're wrong about him. I know how he comes off, but if you dig deep into his meaning, and reasoning, you would see that you're wrong about him, like many people are.

If one day I find out I'm wrong about him, then I will admit it. He's a very misunderstood person because many people only see whats on the outside of his words, they don't give it enough thought or time to see what he actually means. The average person can't even comprehend him, I have a hard time myself, but that doesn't mean I don't.

We agree on this topic anyway, you just chose to bash me about harris, which was way off the original topic.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35110
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby jmiles10 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Sam like hitchens I kind of don't warm to them feel like they are bullys but they make good points
jmiles10
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4039
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Maradonna » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:hey, take it easy buddy.
it was not intended to be rude, at all.
Im just saying that you are fan of a fascist.
thats all.



You called me a fundamentalist mother f**ker, so f**k you!! You don't know the first thing about me. Just because you aren't intelligent enough to understand Sam doesn't mean you get to label him with such insults. Open up your mind you ****!!

I did not call you a fundamentalist, i just said that you approach scriptures the way harris does, like a fundamentalist.
again, take it easy buddy. insults are not going to help your point.

and btw:

If I could wave a magic wand and get rid of either rape or religion, I would not hesitate to get rid of religion.
sam harris, your idol.


dont ban him please, he is a cool dude and apparently he misunderstood what i was trying to explain.
:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:



Maybe go read his blog and you can understand him. You have just taken one sentence (probably out of context) and assumed it means something that it most likely doesn't. He gets accusations like this all the time, and he has an explanation and rebuttal for all of them. His critics do the same thing you are doing, and they all end up with egg on their face.

if i want to learn about physics i don't go and ask an anthropologist.
if i want to learn about religion, i dont go to a neuroscientist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Divinity_School

harris is a media creation that fit Fox agenda, he is a fascist that hate what is different, he is not the voice of knowledge.
he is the guy that measures your head to determine criminality.
but again, i dont want to discuss harris with you because you have already made your mind about it.
but just because i like you, stop talking like you do about this topic publicly, it make you look worst than a blondie from fox news.

if you are interested in religion i can give some cool signpost/reference towards knowledge, if you are interesting in hate and pseudoscience you continue the harris path.



Right, we could argue forever about Sam, but I honestly believe you're wrong about him. I know how he comes off, but if you dig deep into his meaning, and reasoning, you would see that you're wrong about him, like many people are.

If one day I find out I'm wrong about him, then I will admit it. He's a very misunderstood person because many people only see whats on the outside of his words, they don't give it enough thought or time to see what he actually means. The average person can't even comprehend him, I have a hard time myself, but that doesn't mean I don't.

We agree on this topic anyway, you just chose to bash me about harris, which was way off the original topic.

he is a best seller buddy.
derrida is hard to comprehend.

i would leave this here:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... ected.html
i hope you read it.
Maradonna
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:34 pm
Location: Villa Crespo

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Jackson » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:
Jackson wrote:Harris is a bit of a knob but he's actually right.

on what?
On religion being a pile of poo.
And here's to you Mathieu Flamini
Arsene loves you more than you will ever know (wo, wo, wo, wo)
User avatar
Jackson
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:32 pm
Location: Herne Hill

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Maradonna » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:12 pm

Jackson wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
Jackson wrote:Harris is a bit of a knob but he's actually right.

on what?
On religion being a pile of poo.



The problem with not just Sam but with the new atheists in general is that they give atheism a bad name. My greatest intellectual heroes are all atheists, whether I'm talking about [Arthur] Schopenhauer, or [Sigmund] Freud, or Marx, or [Ludwig] Feuerbach. These were the people who gave birth to the modern world. They were the people who gave birth to the enlightenment. But they were experts in religion. They understood religion and then criticized it from a place of expertise, and there is lots to criticize about religion as you have rightly said.



But what is happening now is that a guy sort of sitting in his room watching television with a blog has now become a self-described expert on religion and espouses the most basic, uninformed, and unsophisticated views about religion from a position of, you know, intellectualism. And I think that that’s dangerous, because I understand your animosity towards religions, but even you understand that religion is not going anywhere. On the contrary, religion is a growing force in the world. It's a growing force in the United States. The most recent Pew poll showed that a majority of Americans want more religion in public life, not less.

So this idea that religion is just "bad science," "failed science," is just superstition, it's silly belief in God,s despite the fact that a third of the major religions in the world don't actually believe in God that is not just a misunderstanding and characterization of religion, but it's dangerous. Because what it does is it keeps us from having some very important and necessary conversations about the role of religion in society, about the problem of extremism in religious communities, and about how to reconcile the realities of the modern world with these contextual scriptures that so many people nowadays view incorrectly as literal and inerrant.
Maradonna
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:34 pm
Location: Villa Crespo

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby jmiles10 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:21 pm

All religion is, is comfort from death.
jmiles10
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4039
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests