Get to know Goonersworld members a little bit better

An Interview With...... Good_Eye_Sniper

Postby SE13 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:59 pm

1] Name: Jay Walley

2] Age: 33

3] Location: South Cheshire

4] Marital Status: Terminally single

5] How tall are you: 6ft 3in

6] Why do you support Arsenal: I didn't grow up in a football family, and started watching Arsenal when I was at Uni, I think around 1992. I remember loving how we were always just slight outsiders against the "big hitters" of the time. I've always backed the underdog, and this time it just stuck.

7] What would you be prepared to give up for a season ticket at Ashburton Grove: I dunno! Pretty much anything except my music!

8] Hobbies: Singing (it's what I do best), movies, paintballing, festivals, badminton (used to be semi pro), writing (everyone's got a novel in them!)

9] Education: Degree in Theology

10] Favourite holiday destination: Marmaris - Seriously, the best place on the planet!

11] Favourite food: Anything with cheese, I'm a cheese addict

12] Favourite Arsenal player of all time: Bergkamp, by a mile. Merse a distant second.

13] If you could live anywhere, with money being no object, where would it be: I'd have houses everywhere if money was no object. Greece, Turkey, The States, France (It's where my heritage is)

14] What drink do you like to relax with: Non alcoholic : Coca Cola or coffee, Alcoholic : Red wine or tequila

15] Tell us a bit more about your band: I'm currently writing with a side project band, comprising of the guitarist and bassist from my old band, and a good friend who happens to be an amazing drummer. I wanted to start a band on my own terms, as joining bands is very hit and miss in terms of influences. My old band got signed 2 years ago, and we enjoyed quite a lot of success. Spots on Kerrang, gigs with high profile bands, top ten hits in places like Holland, and our first single was played at halftime for 20 odd thousand fans at Molineux. That single is currently on YouTube.

16] If you won the lottery, what would you do: Start my own record label, and put my 9-5 life behind me.

With very special thanks to Jay for doing this, here opens the thread to all. If anyone else fancies a grilling, feel free to PM me, and we can keep the feature running. I've got a couple more names, and after that....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: An Interview With...... Good_Eye_Sniper

Postby Git » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:02 pm

Favourite band?

Favourite song?

Naturally, I had to hit you with these bad boys. :P
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Git » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:04 pm

GES wrote:
8] Hobbies: writing (everyone's got a novel in them!)

There once was a little sausage named Baldrick. He lived happily ever after.

The end.
:smartass:
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:07 pm

Git wrote:Favourite band? - Coheed and Cambria

Favourite song? tough choice, but it would have to be The Crowing by Coheed and Cambria

;)
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby whee » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:08 pm

You mention wanting to put your 9-5 life behind you.

What was the one defining moment, in your life, that made you realise you didn't want to conform to the average everyday normality of life?
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby arseman » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:09 pm

Git wrote:
GES wrote:
8] Hobbies: writing (everyone's got a novel in them!)

There once was a little sausage named Baldrick. He lived happily ever after.

The end.
:smartass:

arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby goona4eva » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:10 pm

9] Education: Degree in Theology ................... doe's that mean he's an expert on walcott ? :dontknow:
goona4eva
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:15 pm

whee wrote:You mention wanting to put your 9-5 life behind you.

What was the one defining moment, in your life, that made you realise you didn't want to conform to the average everyday normality of life?

When I left Uni, I was originally going to teach, but that didn't pan out (Too much red tape, not enough teaching), I got heavily into singing.

The thing is, I'm not a confident person at all, but when I am on stage, I can do anything. There is no feeling on earth like it, and when I got signed and went touring, it was unbelievable. Imagine getting paid for doing something you absolutely love doing.

That's when I knew I could only ever be happy doing that, and not the 9-5 drudgery
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:00 pm

Do you write your own stuff yeah? What inspires you? Just wanna see what you say compared to my Mrs :)

Also what colour of skittle do you favour?
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:02 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Do you write your own stuff yeah? What inspires you? Just wanna see what you say compared to my Mrs :)

Yeah, I write mate. I like things that really make you think, plays on words, nuances, and real emotional impact.
Also, there's a lot of truth in the term "write what you know" - You can only write honestly and fully about something you've experienced yourself

I know I keep banging on about them, but that's the reason Coheed and Cambria are my favourite band. Other influences include Tool, and non metal influences like Peter Gabriel.

Skittles have flavours? :shock: I thought they were all just "fruit" flavour :sundae:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby whee » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
whee wrote:You mention wanting to put your 9-5 life behind you.

When I left Uni, I was originally going to teach, but that didn't pan out (Too much red tape, not enough teaching), I got heavily into singing.

The thing is, I'm not a confident person at all, but when I am on stage, I can do anything. There is no feeling on earth like it, and when I got signed and went touring, it was unbelievable. Imagine getting paid for doing something you absolutely love doing.

That's when I knew I could only ever be happy doing that, and not the 9-5 drudgery

:clap: :clap:

Great answer mate.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:14 pm

Are you afarid of the dark OR Goosebumps?

Sunshine... Lollypops or rainbows?

Chris Brown Or Neyo?
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:27 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:Are you afarid of the dark OR Goosebumps? - The dark is when people like me come out to play mate :sneaky:

Sunshine... Lollypops or rainbows? - Sunshine, because I get S.A.D and sunshine lifts me

Chris Brown Or Neyo? - Who??
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Do you write your own stuff yeah? What inspires you? Just wanna see what you say compared to my Mrs :)

Yeah, I write mate. I like things that really make you think, plays on words, nuances, and real emotional impact.
Also, there's a lot of truth in the term "write what you know" - You can only write honestly and fully about something you've experienced yourself

I know I keep banging on about them, but that's the reason Coheed and Cambria are my favourite band. Other influences include Tool, and non metal influences like Peter Gabriel.

Skittles have flavours? :shock: I thought they were all just "fruit" flavour :sundae:

No there is different flavours not to mention sour skittles.

Do you do those double meaning songs? My Mrs has this big song that I thought was a love story gone wrong but it was about cocaine.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:51 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:

No there is different flavours not to mention sour skittles.

Do you do those double meaning songs? My Mrs has this big song that I thought was a love story gone wrong but it was about cocaine.

Yeah mate, we're putting the finishing touches to a song that all the way through you think is about a guy writing a love letter to his "significant other", which turns out to be a suicide note all along

Fin eh? :dontknow: :P
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Next

Return to Members Interviews Archives