Festivals this summer.

Re: Festivals this summer.

Postby Big17 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:57 am

Mine would be:

Oasis
Kanye
Arctic Monkeys

Three acts i've not seen live and really want to. I was at V the weekend Oasis split up and they were due to perform there. No one believed the rumours going around on Friday because they performed at Staffordshire that night but it was confirmed on Saturday afternoon that they had split and instead Pendulum took their place. It's fair to say there was a lot of pissed off people that day.

UFGN wrote:Anyone who wants to go Glastonbury, do it. It's a great experience. It's expensive but you can also get in by working there. I worked for the Workers Beer Company. You do six hours a day for them and the rest of the time is yours. Free ticket, free food, secure camping area, subsidised bar.... Its a no brainer!

That would be absolutely awful if you had to work 3-9 or 6-12 though. You'd miss all the best acts.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:58 am

Jackson wrote:Festivals are shit, see bands in small venues or just don't f***ing bother

lol
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby UFGN » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:02 am

Alexis17 wrote:Mine would be:

Oasis
Kanye
Arctic Monkeys

Three acts i've not seen live and really want to. I was at V the weekend Oasis split up and they were due to perform there. No one believed the rumours going around on Friday because they performed at Staffordshire that night but it was confirmed on Saturday afternoon that they had split and instead Pendulum took their place. It's fair to say there was a lot of pissed off people that day.

UFGN wrote:Anyone who wants to go Glastonbury, do it. It's a great experience. It's expensive but you can also get in by working there. I worked for the Workers Beer Company. You do six hours a day for them and the rest of the time is yours. Free ticket, free food, secure camping area, subsidised bar.... Its a no brainer!

That would be absolutely awful if you had to work 3-9 or 6-12 though. You'd miss all the best acts.

You negotiate with people. Swap shifts with people who like different bands. Also you get a lot of guys there who've got zero money and if you offer them a few quid, they will swap with you.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Apollo » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:07 am

Wait the Libertines are back together?

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Big17 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:10 am

Fair enough.

I couldn't deal with all that lark, once you're in that arena that it's!
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:17 am

Apollo wrote:Wait the Libertines are back together?

yh but theyre not very good anymore
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Callum » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm so over The Libertines now, used to love them as a teenager.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:18 pm

YEEZY
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Maradonna » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Massa wrote:
Jackson wrote:Festivals are shit, see bands in small venues or just don't f***ing bother

lol

he is true, festivall are the malls of music, disgusting concept.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:47 pm

I have never been to a festival in my entire life, nor would I want to. Why would you want to get swamped in a sea of unwashed masses, hear music that is not the best then camp in some field without proper loo or shower facilities and where drugs and criminal activity goes on unchecked?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Maradonna » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:58 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:I have never been to a festival in my entire life, nor would I want to. Why would you want to get swamped in a sea of unwashed masses, hear music that is not the best then camp in some field without proper loo or shower facilities and where drugs and criminal activity goes on unchecked?

are you writing this from the 1920s?
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Git » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:I have never been to a festival in my entire life, nor would I want to. Why would you want to get swamped in a sea of unwashed masses, hear music that is not the best then camp in some field without proper loo or shower facilities and where drugs and criminal activity goes on unchecked?

To be fair, they don't appeal to me either. Don't care about the drugs or anything and live bands are incredible but I f***ing love to be clean. I don't mind being dirty all day as long as I can sleep in a clean bed and have a shower.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Git wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:

To be fair, they don't appeal to me either. Don't care about the drugs or anything and live bands are incredible but I f***ing love to be clean. I don't mind being dirty all day as long as I can sleep in a clean bed and have a shower.

So do I

But you just have to man up

There is showers at festivals and stuff but I just took about 500 packets of baby wipes tbh
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Maradonna » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Git wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:

i dont like festivals either, but the post suggested me someone like this:
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:20 pm

You must be fun at parties.
Callum
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Music