Abou Diaby

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Abou Diaby

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:06 pm

After 9 years of injury, Abou Diaby has been released.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ayers.html

Before people celebrate getting him off the wage bill, ponder for a moment that he is the last Arsenal squad member to have played at Highbury. Quite poignant when you think about it.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: Diaby gone

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Abou <3

Glad it's finally happened but what a shame regarding his career, I hope somebody picks him up on pay as you play and he can actually salvage something. If not then he is just best to retire quick and moving into another capacity, maybe a physio ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:01 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:After 9 years of injury, Abou Diaby has been released.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ayers.html

Before people celebrate getting him off the wage bill, ponder for a moment that he is the last Arsenal squad member to have played at Highbury. Quite poignant when you think about it.

Flamini though...

He scored his first Arsenal goal on 11 May 2005 in a 7–0 home win against Everton scoring the seventh goal, Arsenal's last ever goal scored in their original Red and White kit at Highbury.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Big17 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:19 pm

Sad day to be honest.

It's a shame one shitty challenge all but ruined what could of been a very good footballing career. I hope he finds a club somewhere and that he can stay fit and make something of himself.

Scored some amazing goals during his time here and he'll be especially remembered for the kick he delivered to JT and his performance he put in at Anfield a couple of seasons ago.

Thankyou Abou and good luck!
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:43 pm

Must of been some tackle to rip his whole body to pieces.

Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Big17 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:47 pm

^ :rolleyes: Look at the types of injuries he had before and after the tackle he took at Sunderland. He quite clearly could never recover from it.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby StokeFan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:56 pm

Pardon my ignorance, which tackle?
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Sims » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Dan Smith destroyed his ankle basically.

Ever since due to his frame and age he's pretty much had a chemical and muscular imbalance in his body. Doesn't help that his ankle has been absolutely clattered numerous times beyond that too. Probably the biggest waste of potential I've ever seen, he could've easily been better than Yaya Toure.

ImageImage

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Diaby24AFC » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Sims wrote:

I don't blame him one bit for going after that thug, Barton. If anyone is to blame on that day it's the ref for not sending off Barton.
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:25 pm

He got his payback on John Terry's face though! ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DarkskinJahmane » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:26 pm

he would have recovered from the first tackle it's the ones after...the essien one and i forgot who the other player was
DarkskinJahmane
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zedie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Sims wrote:Dan Smith destroyed his ankle basically.

Ever since due to his frame and age he's pretty much had a chemical and muscular imbalance in his body. Doesn't help that his ankle has been absolutely clattered numerous times beyond that too. Probably the biggest waste of potential I've ever seen, he could've easily been better than Yaya Toure.

ImageImage

Dan Smith destroyed his ankle. The 2 lower bones were shattered and his ankle was dislocated after that tackle. It was completely needless and basically consigned him to be a footballer in title only.

The vast majority of those subsequent injuries listed on that info graph occurred after the tackle.

@ Yorkie - The body is a funny thing, nerves, tendons etc are all obviously connected, but the strange thing is if damage occurs in one area, or one location, it can cause issues in an other.

ie having a broken, or wounded leg for a long time can cause issues down the line with the other leg due to it having to over compensate to carry the wounded leg.

Theres a spot in your upper arm that if its pressed hard enough, you can move your fingers!

Flat feet can cause massive back problems in later life due to a poorer posture which puts more pressure on certain joints/makes cartilage rub away quicker than normal.

I know you're probably pulling legs (pun intended) in any case, but just thought id say it anyway!

Interesting party trick / magic trick -

put your left hand flat on a table.
tuck your middle finger in underneath your hand without moving the other fingers.
Your middle finger should have 3 lengths, the length between knuckle and middle length, the middle length and the smallest length with your finger tip on.

have that middle length flat on the table.

Keep your hand in that exact position.

Try and lift your ring finger off the table, without moving any of your other fingers/thumb, including the middle finger tucked underneath your hand.

f***ked up innit!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Sickening to think it was some c*** who was lucky to have even been on the same pitch as him is the one to have ruined him.

You google Dan smith you don't even find him, have to specify he's a footballer.

We're all sounding very bitter on here!
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby lexalove » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:38 pm

^^ That's a good party trick... and yeah it is f**ked up!!! The human body is an amazing machine.

As per Diaby... it's a real shame how his career has turned out. All I can say is I wish him good health and the very best of luck in the future whatever he decides to do in life.
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:41 pm

lexalove wrote:^^ That's a good party trick... and yeah it is f**ked up!!! The human body is an amazing machine.

As per Diaby... it's a real shame how his career has turned out. All I can say is I wish him good health and the very best of luck in the future whatever he decides to do in life.

Works with the right hand too.

Its won me a few drinks over the years and i havent met a person that can do it without lifting at least one of their fingers off the table.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to World Football