FA Cup 2014-15

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: FA Cup 2014-15

Postby StokeFan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:24 pm

Sims wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
Sims wrote:The only player I'd have from Stoke is Arnautovic but his seems like a bit of head loss geezer. Begovic maybe but we need to do better, even if he is of higher quality than Szcz/Ospina. Everyone else in there team, we have pretty much a better player in each position

Begovic would be exceptional for you. He's far better than your two and tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up signing for you.

Yeah he would be a lot better than what we have but I'd rather go all out for Cech; which is understandable

Cech would be the signing of the season
StokeFan
Banned

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:24 pm

StokeFan wrote:I don't see Wenger going for any Stoke players.

Neither do I, but the two listed above, I really wouldn't mind signing. We may be able to do better, but they're easily an improvement on what we have.

Especially since Cech is unlikely, Mourinho won't sell to us
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:11 pm

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby AAIRE99 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:36 pm

Arnautovic? have to be joking, the guy is shit. lol.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Walcott14 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:53 pm

Like Peter C, Bojan and Diouf(Dat goal vs city :) :) ).

Don't like Shawcross and Arna though. They injured Ramsey and Debuchy unnecessarily.
By Jordan1411 at Deviantart
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Danskin » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:01 pm

I don't rate many Stoke players but I think Begovic and Bojan are top players.
Danskin
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:48 am

AAIRE99 wrote:Arnautovic? have to be joking, the guy is shit. lol.

Haha, he's so shit that every time he plays you he causes you nightmares. Scored a wonder free kick against you last season, tore the arse out of your right back (I think it was Smalling both times lol) twice this season. If you think Arnie's shit then you genuinely know nothing mate. He's a hot head, and has a bad temper but as a player goes, he's f***ing quality, very skillful has a world class cross on him and is quicker than he looks (everyone think he looks chubby). Probably too good for some the players around him, which is why he loses his temper so often. In fact, him and Bojan caused nightmares for teams because they were two players who both had the intelligence to link up whereas you don't get that from players like Glenn bloody Whelan. If Arnie is shit, then my word, how we've got into 9th I don't know, because he's by far our most skillful and effective player in attack when Bojan isn't there (he's possibly even more skillful than Bojan), so I have no idea what the other players are.

Maybe you should watch this, seeing as you think he's shit. I don't like watching those highlights, seeing as our defence (once again with Ryan) falls apart, but 1:08, Arnie gives every current Manchester United player a lesson in how to f***ing cross a world class cross. Can any of your players do that? Except maybe Di Maria? Thought not. I reckon your boy Beckham would have been proud of that.

Walcott14 wrote:Like Peter C, Bojan and Diouf(Dat goal vs city :) :) ).

Don't like Shawcross and Arna though. They injured Ramsey and Debuchy unnecessarily.

I'm surprised that Crouch has so much hate from Arsenal fans, because he does genuinely seem a nice guy. I once saw Peter in the street and walked up to and him and said hello and he was really nice, shook my hand and stuff. Nice guy. Yep, Bojan is quality and if he'd not hurt himself, I reckon he would have been 3rd on that hit list instead of Sadio Mane!! Diouf is an interesting one because when you watch him, it's clear he isn't that talented a footballer. He's a bit like Cameron Jerome, his first touch isn't great etc but the difference is, he knows exactly where to be. His brain seems to be better than his feet and if you watch him off the ball, his runs will cut defences apart, just like he did to Spurs time and time again when we beat them 3-0. He's very under appreciated because he only scored 12 goals (still 2 more than Mane mind), but people don't really see the other stuff he does. He's got a surprisingly good cross on him (see the Crouch goal against Liverpool, the Adam goal against Spurs) and he works incredibly hard, but yeah, his runs alone make him a real threat for most teams. Like, everyone was blaming Mignolet for that first goal, which it was, but the run from Diouf was class, he immediately knew Adam was going to shoot so started running and when Mignolet spilled he was there to score. That's the mark of a decent striker. On a free as well? Laughing.

I don't blame Arsenal fans for not like Ryan or Arnie. There's obviously a bit of animosity there. I don't think either injuries were intentional (Cripps does), but obviously both incidents resulted in nasty injuries, so I get why Arsenal fans probably hate them. Do I think it's necessary to have long grudges over it? No.

Danskin wrote:I don't rate many Stoke players but I think Begovic and Bojan are top players.

Begovic will go this year, so all of our Premiership hopes and dreams are being put in the hands of young Jack Butland. Looks a good keeper. He's not Begovic though and we all know that. Bego is a really class goalkeeper and I would love to see him in the Champions League, preferably not with Arsenal :P but I think a keeper that good deserves a chance to play it in the big leagues. As for Bojan, this is his season, I really believe that.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Cripps » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:02 am

What did Arnautovic do?

Don't hate Shawcross either. It's all that nasty Ramseys fault for putting his leg there. It's not like Shawcross has previous in injuring players. He's not that type of a player. He's the real victim in all this and Sol Campbell making him cry melted my heart. Arsenal were despicable that day
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby ESFSAFC » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:26 pm

StokeFan wrote: He's very under appreciated because he only scored 12 goals (still 2 more than Mane mind), but people don't really see the other stuff he does.

Why are you comparing the goal scoring stats of a striker to a winger?
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:36 pm

I hope for StokeFans sake and sanity he's not being serious about diouf.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Cripps wrote:What did Arnautovic do?

Don't hate Shawcross either. It's all that nasty Ramseys fault for putting his leg there. It's not like Shawcross has previous in injuring players. He's not that type of a player. He's the real victim in all this and Sol Campbell making him cry melted my heart. Arsenal were despicable that day

I aren't going over it again buddy. It's been done to death. Nobody blamed Ramsey at all, certainly no Stoke fans anyway, it's all in your head and ties in with this whole weird victim routine you, and a strange number of Arsenal fans have got going on :think: It's bizarre and kind of worrying. Shawcross really doesn't have a particularly bad reputation for causing injuries, no more than certain Arsenal players in the past anyway, so let's not get into that debate, otherwise I'll have to tell you a story about an Arsenal legend called Peter Storey. What happened was a terrible accident and while I genuinely felt shit for Ramsey, I defended my player, just like you would defend one of yours. I don't believe that any professional would try and injure an opponent, they're not kids mate. As for Sol Campbell making him cry, you really think some jumped up well past it ex-international jumping around like he'd eaten a dirty curry and couldn't find the toilet made him cry? Give me a break buddy. Most players would react like that after seeing that kind of damage. Shawcross had only just turned 22 when he injured Ramsey. He was still a kid and he made a massive f***ing mistake and he knew it, they tears of contrition, not fear because some clown was jumping up and down like a f***ing moron in front of him. Still, I find it ironic that you take humour from Campbell's actions, while he and Cesc jumped around waiving imaginary yellow cards, I seem to remember Glenn Whelan being the only player nursing the injured Ramsey. Guess that's just the caliber of certain individuals eh? Still, we can't all be good people, can we?
StokeFan
Banned

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:43 pm

ESFSAFC wrote:
StokeFan wrote: He's very under appreciated because he only scored 12 goals (still 2 more than Mane mind), but people don't really see the other stuff he does.

Diouf has been regularly adopted on the wing this season..... Diouf on the right, Crouch in the middle, so please, stop, unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're talking about.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Cripps wrote:I hope for StokeFans sake and sanity he's not being serious about diouf.

He scored even more goals than Danny Welbeck too :D :sneaky2:

Couldn't resist Crisps, just had to be done.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby ESFSAFC » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:04 pm

StokeFan wrote:
ESFSAFC wrote:

Diouf has been regularly adopted on the wing this season..... Diouf on the right, Crouch in the middle, so please, stop, unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're talking about.

Considering that Crouch only started for you 17 times this season in the league, Diouf had plenty of time at CF, 21 games at CF and 3 as SS out of 34 apps 28 starts. Diouf did have some apps as LW and RW mostly as sub but most were at CF,

Also if Diouf was on the right as you put it then where was Walters you know your RW for majority this season making his 32 apps? Was he WR to the WR Diouf as well?

So maybe you should please stop talking as you clearly don't even know where you own players have been playing this season.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:20 pm

ESFSAFC wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
ESFSAFC wrote:

Considering that Crouch only started for you 17 times this season in the league, Diouf had plenty of time at CF, 21 games at CF and 3 as SS out of 34 apps 28 starts. Diouf did have some apps as LW and RW mostly as sub but most were at CF,

Also if Diouf was on the right as you put it then where was Walters you know your RW for majority this season making his 32 apps? Was he WR to the WR Diouf as well?

So maybe you should please stop talking as you clearly don't even know where you own players have been playing this season.

Actually, once again, you show your ignorance, Jon Walters had an extended period up front part way through the season (must have been at least 4 or 5 games), after he found some goal scoring form. To put it into context, Mark Hughes has only played the same team twice all season. Every team, has been different, we've had to rotate due to injuries. Diouf has played on the right, on the left, and in the centre. Jon Walters has played on the right, and in the centre. Arnautovic had one game where he was up front but primarily played left. Crouch always plays in the centre.

Diouf has probably played as many games in the centre as on the right, so while I agree that he's had plenty of opportunities up front, he's also played on the wing and to be honest, when Southampton played us, Mane seemed to be their furthest man forward...

Look, I aren't falling out, I know it's hard for you to give Stoke players any credit, and Southampton are like the greatest thing since sliced bread on this forum, it's just incredible to think that they finished only 6 points higher to us. Perhaps it's an FA Conspiracy eh? You shouldn't live on Squawka either, their stats aren't always right buddy. I went to every home game this season and many away... so y'know? :) Cheers.
StokeFan
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football