2015 British General Election

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Who will you vote for in this year's election?

Conservative Party
11%
Democratic Unionist Party
No votes
Green Party of England and Wales
No votes
Labour Party
53%
Liberal Democrats
11%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Scottish National Party
No votes
United Kingdom Independence Party
26%

Total votes : 19

Re: 2015 British General Election

Postby Sims » Sat May 09, 2015 10:08 pm

I don't mind protesting, but depleting police resources and in turn costing the country more money is really stupid and somewhat hypocritical. In the end, it was a DEMOCRACY VOTE. The country wasn't forced to be Tory.

I saw some people justifying the graffiti and I was surprised at the naivety of it. Baffling really.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Callum » Sat May 09, 2015 10:11 pm

Sims wrote:I don't mind protesting, but depleting police resources and in turn costing the country more money is really stupid and somewhat hypocritical. In the end, it was a DEMOCRACY VOTE. The country wasn't forced to be Tory.

I saw some people justifying the graffiti and I was surprised at the naivety of it. Baffling really.

People have a right to protest against the Tory party, even if they ackowledge they won legitimately. Obviously those causing damage are idiots who are taking advantage of the situation but they're a tiny minority. With that attitude you're basically saying people shouldn't ever be able to voice their opinion because it wastes polices resources. :doh:
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sat May 09, 2015 10:13 pm

Sims wrote:I don't mind protesting, but depleting police resources and in turn costing the country more money is really stupid and somewhat hypocritical. In the end, it was a DEMOCRACY VOTE. The country wasn't forced to be Tory.

How do you suggest that people protest "without depleting police resources"

Lol
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Sims » Sat May 09, 2015 10:13 pm

I said I don't mind protesting, it's just the rioting and vandalism which is gonna build up unnecessary cost
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Sat May 09, 2015 10:14 pm

Sims wrote:I said I don't mind protesting, it's just the rioting and vandalism which is gonna build up unnecessary cost

That they can then blame the tories for spending obv :lol:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat May 09, 2015 10:16 pm

Sims wrote:I said I don't mind protesting, it's just the rioting and vandalism which is gonna build up unnecessary cost

A tiny minority causing damage. Have some perspective.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sat May 09, 2015 10:17 pm

Callum wrote:

A tiny minority causing damage. Have some perspective.

Obviously but it's still happening regardless
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Callum » Sat May 09, 2015 10:17 pm

Mesut, why did you vote Tory? I don't mean that as a loaded question or anything, I'm just generally curious. Do you see them as the party that most closely represents you?
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sat May 09, 2015 10:17 pm

No that isn't what you said. You said you didn't want police resources wasted. Police are going to show up in numbers spending tons of money on overtime etc regardless of if there's trouble or not. So basically, you're saying you don't want protest.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Sims » Sat May 09, 2015 10:18 pm

UFGN wrote:

No that isn't what you said. You said you didn't want police resources wasted. Police are going to show up in numbers spending tons of money on overtime etc regardless of if there's trouble or not. So basically, you're saying you don't want protest.

So you're telling me that the police costs for a normal peaceful protest are the same as if it turned more violent which a minority turned it into? lol
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Sat May 09, 2015 10:19 pm

Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:

So you're telling me that the police costs for a normal peaceful protest are the same as if it turned more violent which a minority turned it into? lol

Broadly, yes.

UFGN

Postby Sims » Sat May 09, 2015 10:21 pm

UFGN wrote:
Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Broadly, yes.

fair enough. I don't have facts and figures but it would make more sense that more costs will occur the more hassle is made
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat May 09, 2015 10:23 pm

Quite agree, this was just a bunch of uneducated plebs who threw their toys out of the pram because they didn't get what they wanted. I didn't get what I voted for in the election but I don't go around in the streets complaining about it and I certainly do not vandalise a memorial to people who served in the Second World War. That's Democracy, deal with it
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sat May 09, 2015 10:26 pm

Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Broadly, yes.

fair enough. I don't have facts and figures but it would make more sense that more costs will occur the more hassle is made

Nobody sensible wants to see trouble. But on the issue of police costs, x number of officers will either be on standby or nicking people. Either way they're being paid. Xyz equipment will either be used or not used. Its already been bought amd paid for regardless.

UFGN

Postby Sims » Sat May 09, 2015 10:28 pm

Also I've been thinking about this. Seeing as I'm impartial it's fair to assume that the majority of Tories are f***ing bellends/c****. I'm trying to think of a word to describe Labour voters in order to balance out the insults tbh.

Delusional is leading the way for me atm.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate