14/03/15 | Arsenal 3-0 West Ham | Premier League

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby DontPushMe » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:33 pm

starmandb wrote:
Cripps wrote:
ESFSAFC wrote:Everyone knows Cesc fades, tires or gets injured in the second half of a season, there are stats up every year that show this so you can't sit so smugly yet Oracle Cripp.

Funny how "everyone" kept their mouth shut when I was one of the few but definitely the loudest on why I didn't want Cesc back here for this reason but now what I expected to happen is happening, others are trying to say they said the same which is BS. That picture of that stat of Cesc fading away was probably created recently. I've been saying it for ages.

That's why you have a squad to rest and rotate
It still remains a shocking decision not to buy cesc fabregas

If it was him or Sanchez we made the right call. Cesc would have just further crowded a position we're loaded at. Ozil, Caz, Ramsey, wilshere, tomas

Had we been able to get Suarez instead of ozil, then cesc would of been a great buy.

In a vacuum cesc for 30 is a great deal, but we're not an oil club. We need to make only intelligent purchases
DontPushMe
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:40 pm

DontPushMe wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Cripps wrote:
ESFSAFC wrote:Everyone knows Cesc fades, tires or gets injured in the second half of a season, there are stats up every year that show this so you can't sit so smugly yet Oracle Cripp.

Funny how "everyone" kept their mouth shut when I was one of the few but definitely the loudest on why I didn't want Cesc back here for this reason but now what I expected to happen is happening, others are trying to say they said the same which is BS. That picture of that stat of Cesc fading away was probably created recently. I've been saying it for ages.

If it was him or Sanchez we made the right call. Cesc would have just further crowded a position we're loaded at. Ozil, Caz, Ramsey, wilshere, tomas

Had we been able to get Suarez instead of ozil, then cesc would of been a great buy.

In a vacuum cesc for 30 is a great deal, but we're not an oil club. We need to make only intelligent purchases

It's never between so and so
There is a fortune over there you go and get both
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:56 pm

starmandb wrote:
DontPushMe wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Cripps wrote:

Cesc 30
Sanchez 35
Welbeck 16
Chambers 16

97 million pounds. We arent an oil club.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:27 pm

Zedie wrote:
starmandb wrote:
DontPushMe wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Cripps wrote:

Cesc 30
Sanchez 35
Welbeck 16
Chambers 16

No we are a football club and you do whatever you can to be as competitive as you can and reduce the chances of other teams being competitive and we are worth 1.331 billions pounds
starmandb

Postby Vinny » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:48 pm

starmandb wrote:
Cripps wrote:

Not shocking at all Starman.
We have players who already fill that role and there were other areas that needed strengthening.
I would have liked us to sign him as I think he would have improved us but am in no way shocked that we didn't sign him.
Vinny
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Vinny wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Cripps wrote:

Not shocking at all Starman.
We have players who already fill that role and there were other areas that needed strengthening.
I would have liked us to sign him as I think he would have improved us but am in no way shocked that we didn't sign him.

Yes shocking was the wrong phrase
Disappointing is probably a better one
Sort out what you desperately need but if a gift horse comes up as well you take it
starmandb

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:19 pm

starmandb wrote:
Zedie wrote:
starmandb wrote:
DontPushMe wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Cripps wrote:

Cesc 30
Sanchez 35
Welbeck 16
Chambers 16

No we are a football club and you do whatever you can to be as competitive as you can and reduce the chances of other teams being competitive and we are worth 1.331 billions pounds

We could be worth 1 trillion pounds. If the owners don't want to buff our transfer activities with artificial money like the oil clubs, then we could own all the banks in Switzerland and still not compete financially with the oil clubs.

Easiest way I understand our situation is as follows:

Arsenal are the bloke that grafts hard to make his money week in, week out. He makes a great living, but he relies on his own work ethic to put food on the table. He has rich parents but will never dream of begging them for money because he has pride. He knows he can live a good life, but he is also aware he holds responsibility for his family and has to make sure his bills are correct at all times and he's not getting mugged off.

Chelsea and city are that guy with super rich parents, that has never worked a day in his life. He has nothing but the finest things, money means nothing to him and nothing has value to him. If he really needs something, he goes to his parents and stomps his feet till he gets it. If things don't go his way, he rolls around in Isle 4 of waitrose so the whole world knows his plight..
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby jules_w » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Well said
jules_w
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Massa » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:13 am

Welbeck and Chambers or Fabregas

Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Yago » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:15 am

Massa wrote:Welbeck and Chambers or Fabregas

Give me a minute, I need to think about that one.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby zacked » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:10 am

Welbeck at the time because Giroud was injured and we would have had Sanogo leading the line for 4 or 5 months...
zacked
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Walcott14 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:34 am

zacked wrote:

Welbeck at the time because Giroud was injured and we would have had Sanogo leading the line for[b] 4 or 5 months.[/b]..

Actually Sir Sa4goals got injured shortly after Giroud. We would been left with Alexis and Akpom only.
By Jordan1411 at Deviantart
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 am

Walcott14 wrote:
zacked wrote:

Welbeck at the time because Giroud was injured and we would have had Sanogo leading the line for[b] 4 or 5 months.[/b]..

Actually Sir Sa4goals got injured shortly after Giroud. We would been left with Alexis and Akpom only.

But no one wants to consider that.

The same people that were pissed we didn't get a striker and needed a defender.

But that's none of my business...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:22 pm

Zedie was blowing the 'Alexis for striker' horn more than anyone. Chambers buy has become less important following Gabriel's arrival. Both players were needed but Cesc could've won us those earlier games
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Maybe Wenger and the board just want to move on tis season. They could sign Fabregas, Song and Vela easily, but chose not to.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15