Rugby League Chat 2015 Season (Inc. Aussie)

Re: Rugby League Chat 2015 Season (Inc. Aussie)

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:09 am

Have that Craig. ;)

Didn't see us smashing you all over like that! Carney made Charnley his bitch.

Could of been different this year and won all our games but at least we're playing well and probably the 2 hardest games (Saints away, Catalan away) are both out of the way in the first 4 games.

Castleford coach Daryl Powell:
"The last month of my life has not been the best, to be honest. I haven't been the happiest bloke in the world, so to do what we did today was fantastic.
"We could easily have gone negative and cautious on the back of what's happened to us recently.
"That the players were able to express themselves in the way they did tonight was outstanding.

Wigan coach Shaun Wane:
"It was just not good enough at all. They wanted it more than us. I've never coached a team that have been beaten in every department like that.
"We were beaten by the better team - they wanted it more, ran harder and beat us in every department, which is very upsetting and devastating for me.
"It'll be a tough week. I wish we were playing Hull FC tomorrow. It's the worst day of my coaching career, by far."
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Trina » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:39 pm

Craig, where you gone? :P
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Trina » Fri May 08, 2015 9:18 am

RIP, poor lad.
Doesn't give me great confidence in the ECG's!

The family of Danny Jones have today received the initial results of the post-mortem into Danny’s death last Sunday.

The post-mortem has concluded that Danny passed away from a cardiac arrest triggered by hereditary heart disease. Tragically, the heart disease was not revealed when Danny underwent an ECG scan in late 2014.

Keighley Cougars Chief Executive Gary Fawcett said: “Whilst the findings of the post-mortem do provide an explanation for why he died, they allow for little comfort for Danny’s family or all those who knew him.

“His tragically premature death is still very painful for everyone, not least because his heart condition could not even be detected by the ECG.

“All we can do now is mourn his passing, celebrate his life and do everything we can for Danny’s wife Lizzie, their children Bobby and Phoebe and their wider family.”

The Just Giving page set up by the RFL Benevolent Fund to raise funds for Danny’s family has already received donations of £77,000 and is expected to grow substantially this weekend, when many clubs are staging fund-raising events.

Keighley will stage a simple bucket collection at their League 1 fixture against Coventry Bears at Cougar Park on Sunday (3.00pm) and Fawcett is urging everyone who attends to donate what they can.

“My message to Rugby League fans is to stick the money you normally spend on a lottery ticket or a half-time pie into the bucket, and add a tenner on top. If we all do that we can make a massive difference to the lives of Danny’s family,” he said.

“£77,000 is an amazing amount of money but it’s not enough: I have complete faith in not just the Rugby League family but everyone involved in sport, from multi-millionaire professional footballers and the people of Wales to the fans on the terraces across the country to do the right thing by the family of a sporting hero.”

To make a donation please visit www.justgiving.com/dannyjones29

Read more at http://www.superleague.co.uk/article/32 ... CGBBIvE.99
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Trina » Fri May 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Over 100 grand raised so far. It doesn't say above, but his 2 kids are 5 month old twins. Really feel for his family.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri May 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Yeah it's awful what happened.

Hunslet Hawks donated 1.5k a few days ago. No idea where that came from as it's not like they had time to get a bucket collection at a game or anything. Really nice gesture from a club who doesn't really have any money.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun May 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Can't these rugby league referees ever make a decision on tries without resorting to the video ref?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun May 17, 2015 3:22 pm

Yes, of course they can. But when there is a little doubt, why not use it? If he's 100% sure then he won't. The games stopped, no momentum. The only thing I don't like is that when it's not on TV that it can't be used. So sometimes you get screwed from not having it.

Thaler shouldn't ref Wakey anyway. He's a Wakey fan. Used to always tell me and how much he hates Castleford on the bus home from college. :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun May 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Yes, of course they can. But when there is a little doubt, why not use it? If he's 100% sure then he won't. The games stopped, no momentum. The only thing I don't like is that when it's not on TV that it can't be used. So sometimes you get screwed from not having it.

Thaler shouldn't ref Wakey anyway. He's a Wakey fan. Used to always tell me and how much he hates Castleford on the bus home from college. :lol:

So he was just using it to cover himself so he wasn't going to be accused of bias! Despite how obvious some of those tries were and how trivial some of the referrals were.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun May 17, 2015 8:20 pm

That's why they have to give an on field decision now even with going to the video ref. It's make them not use it for the sake of it and actually decide what they think they saw. The only way for it to be overturned is if there is full on clear evidence the ref got it wrong. If it can't be proven, the on field decision stands.

We got screwed over at Catalan away cause they gave no try for offside. He was clearly on but the French camera angles couldn't show the winger and where the ball was kicked. So despite it being obvious it was onside, it couldn't be proven on the screen. Cost us the game as well.

Video evidence does help some things but shit still goes wrong and people will still moan.

I think we need extra running the line. It's too far for one on each side running the full length and only doing half like in football won't work as they make more calls to help the ref than in football.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon May 18, 2015 7:00 am

At least with Union, they only use it when there is a genuine doubt. Excessive usage as I saw yesterday just spoils the game. As for linesmen, as one who has done it a lot in Union, one is sufficient if they can keep up with the play which a lot just can't be bothered to do.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon May 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Id of thought it was more difficult in union with the bigger kicking game?

Didn't watch the game yesterday so didn't see how much it was used. Was ways going to be a Leigh win so didn't have any interest. Turns out the game looked like a cracker for 2 crap teams playing.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun May 31, 2015 10:26 am

https://twitter.com/robbiegettings/stat ... 9166514176

Got to love it when Leeds fans are fighting with themselves.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:42 am

Great away following yesterday. Only shows about half of the Cas fans as well. :D

Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:38 am

Amazing away support again at Wakefield's shit hole. Have fun clearing the wooden spoons up from the stands. :D

Mascot in the stand getting thrown in the air. :D

https://www.facebook.com/elle.m.osborne ... =2&theater

Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Trina » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Wish we went! Seen loads of pics and videos.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby