Re: Theo Walcott announces retirement from football

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: The Walcott situation

Postby Vinny » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Maybe Theo is not getting stuck in to tackles in training and its a psychological thing ?

Callum wrote:Since he's come back he's felt like all he's good for is his pace. All we ever want to do is try and thread a through ball to him - he seems so limited.

Back in his pomp he was so much more than that.

Think his goals have helped as well ;)
In fairness to Theo he was out for a year so it was always going to take him time.
Vinny
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:47 am

Is it his contract situation?

He'll have a year left in his contract come this summer and 18 months of the 3.5 year deal he signed earlier passed due to his injury. I can't see any other reason.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:08 am

Absolutely incredulous the way he is not even getting sub appearances. There is definitely more to it than being made to believe. Yesterday's game was tailor made for him yet he was neither started nor brought on later. loosing Theo would be criminal imho. He brings a totally different dimension to our attacking play. His off the ball movement with his searing pace can be deadly.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:22 am

One of these journalists need to ask Wenger what is going on.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby greengoonerie » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:39 am

I can't figure out why Theo is not being played.

It's really worrying and suggests to me that Wenger is doing a Mr. Arrogance on it with Theo - sitting him on the bench till he signs/washes his socks/does what he's told.

There's no other reason for Theo to be sitting there at the moment, given that he is not injured.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:48 am

greengoonerie wrote:I can't figure out why Theo is not being played.

It's really worrying and suggests to me that Wenger is doing a Mr. Arrogance on it with Theo - sitting him on the bench till he signs/washes his socks/does what he's told.

There's no other reason for Theo to be sitting there at the moment, given that he is not injured.

I believe this is exactly what's happening. Power trip and it is completely pointless. If he is hesitant to sign a new deal that means he may well be off, we might as well utilize him while he's here.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Angelito » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:15 am

If he asked for another pay rise, I can understand what Wenger is doing - or he's becoming a pain and not signing the extension. You can't blame Wenger if that is the case.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Big17 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:47 pm

Angelito wrote:If he asked for another pay rise, I can understand what Wenger is doing - or he's becoming a pain and not signing the extension. You can't blame Wenger if that is the case.

This.

As much as I like Theo, If he and Wenger have already held talks over a new contract and he's told him that he's got no intention of signing a new deal then I for one don't want him in the team.

Last time we was in this situation it was vital we kept hold of him but now we're in a stronger position we can afford to let him go if he does want to.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Angelito » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Alexis17 wrote:
Angelito wrote:If he asked for another pay rise, I can understand what Wenger is doing - or he's becoming a pain and not signing the extension. You can't blame Wenger if that is the case.

This.

As much as I like Theo, If he and Wenger have already held talks over a new contract and he's told him that he's got no intention of signing a new deal then I for one don't want him in the team.

Last time we was in this situation it was vital we kept hold of him but now we're in a stronger position we can afford to let him go if he does want to.

He's a Grade A moron if he thinks he can play hard ball after 18 months of absence.

But we don't know for sure - so benefit of the doubt goes to all.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Newman123 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:15 pm

I dont think Walcott would be arguing for a pay rise he's not stupid his agent might be who knows but Walcott, I doubt he is. I think it's more he's out of favour as he does not do as much defensive work as OX or Welbeck its obvious when the latter is being picked ahead of him. Walcotts days are numbered here I think should sell him to liverpool would do wonders there I reckon.
Newman123
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:05 pm

Newman123 wrote:I dont think Walcott would be arguing for a pay rise he's not stupid his agent might be who knows but Walcott, I doubt he is. I think it's more he's out of favour as he does not do as much defensive work as OX or Welbeck its obvious when the latter is being picked ahead of him. Walcotts days are numbered here I think should sell him to liverpool would do wonders there I reckon.

So then why should we sell him to them?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Captain » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:06 pm

He's being offloaded for Reus. :P
Captain
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Walcott14 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:06 pm

Newman123 wrote:I dont think Walcott would be arguing for a pay rise he's not stupid his agent might be who knows but Walcott, I doubt he is. I think it's more he's out of favour as he does not do as much defensive work as OX or Welbeck its obvious when the latter is being picked ahead of him. Walcotts days are numbered here I think should sell him to liverpool would do wonders there I reckon.

Don't think so. Wenger loves goals and no way he would sell to Looserpool after the RVP fiasco.
By Jordan1411 at Deviantart
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Walcott14 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:07 pm

Raid wrote:He's being offloaded for Reus. :P

Rather Walcott than Reus, We have Alexis, Ox and Gnabry.
By Jordan1411 at Deviantart
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Newman123 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

So then why should we sell him to them?

Cuz I like Walcott and want to see him succeed.
Newman123
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club