01/03/15 | Arsenal 2-0 Everton | Premier League

Re: 01/03/15 | Arsenal 2-0 Everton | Premier League

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:18 pm

Pod wrote:Great win, great 3 points, i was impressed with Giround, Bellerin, Le Coq and Ospina!

Slightly dissapointed in Ox, sanchez and Ozil(even with vital assists) they should be thriving at our Emirates, and taking games by the scruff of the kneck, week in and week out.

Was it last season they leveled in the last minute against us? i remember being fuming!I

:arse fan: :arse fan: :arse fan:

They scored 4 mins after ozil scored the there was 6 mins to go
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:23 pm

Danskin wrote:I think that if we had won that game we'd have been 8 points ahead of 2nd place. We hadn't conceded a goal for a while before that game as well.

We would have gone 7 points clear
And we had gone 417 mins without conceding a league goal
starmandb

Postby Danskin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:26 pm

^ Thanks. 417 mins without conceding a league goal, good times.
Danskin
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby addict » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Tarquinius wrote:
LEF wrote:I think we have been missing a playmaker for a long while, possibly since we sold Arteta.

You can have him back free of charge :gift:

While they're at it, they could give us even half of what we paid to Madrid for Ozil and get our "best playmaker in the world" too. We won't need him here next season
addict
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:20 pm

As expected a very lethargic performance played out in front of a dead atmosphere but we got 3 points and Rosicky scored so dgaf.

Paulista and Ospina looked good. Giroud should've had a hat trick but props for scoring.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Angelito » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:39 am

Rosicky is so good.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Walcott14 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:00 am

addict wrote:
Tarquinius wrote:
LEF wrote:I think we have been missing a playmaker for a long while, possibly since we sold Arteta.

While they're at it, they could give us even half of what we paid to Madrid for Ozil and get our "best playmaker in the world" too. We won't need him here next season

Özil is a big name player and one the most known players in the world(more than Cesc). Any big team in the world buy him for more than we bought him for, but we don't need to sale him(Cazorla and Rosicky are not getting any younger). Him and Wilshere can be our main attacking ams soon. Özil and Cesc in the middel would been insane though too.
By Jordan1411 at Deviantart
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ESFSAFC » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:45 am

Danskin wrote:^ Thanks. 417 mins without conceding a league goal, good times.

Surprised to hear that stat as I remember that game and was thinking we are going to concede, that it was so typical of us and I knew it was going to be that Barca loanee as well, Deulofeu, commentators wouldn't stop going on about him.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LEF » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:54 pm

Tarquinius wrote:

If you can sort it out with Wenger, then it's a done deal. Although you're going to have to ask him to lower his wages. ;)
LEF
Patrick Vieira

Postby LEF » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:08 pm

Cripps wrote:
LEF wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
LEF wrote:I thought we played really well for the first 20 mins as we closed you down and stopped you playing but then we sort of fell into our pattern of keeping the ball but not doing anything with it. We never really troubled you and, if I'm being honest, you were there for the taking. There wasn't any players that stood out in that game for either side. Giourd looked good without being amazing, but I thought Gabriel looked a bit dodgy. Not the greatest of games although I think you probably deserved it in terms of looking a bit more threatening than us. Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season!

Yes, a little biased but fair assessment man :) .

You did look dangerous and and we did look very passive in the first half. I think the issue you have really comes down to you guys really lacking a playmaker and conductor to make quick decisions with passes in the middle of the park.

players like Barkey who is still young but doesn't make decisions quickly enough, partly a confidence issue, partly an issue where the guy has been playing first team football for 2 years now and needs to keep improving and not rely on his honyemoon seasons from before.

Mirallas, Naismith are like Hazard, attackers, primarily from out wide who have good dribbling skills and are good at running at people but aren't playmakers. If you had one today you would of caused us serious problems.

I think we have been missing a playmaker for a long while, possibly since we sold Arteta. Well, we'll have to concentrate on the next game now. I'll do a bit of moaning on our forum. :BangHead: :-P

I've been meaning to ask.

Was Arteta ever as bad for you as he has been for us?

He played out wide mostly for us, which I thought was frustrating as he was more influential central. The times he did play centrally, he was pretty good at getting forward and trying to make things happen and I thought he'd suit you guys more than us because you have better movement so he'd have better passing options therefore creating more chances.
I'll be honest, I haven't seen him play much lately so forgive me if my assessment isn't that great but from what I've seen he plays in a deep-lying playmaker role but doesn't really get forward much and seems to play the simple passes, which just recycles possession and nothing more. This season I'd forgotten he even played football much less played for you guys.
LEF
Patrick Vieira

Postby Sims » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:09 pm

LEF wrote:
Cripps wrote:
LEF wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
LEF wrote:I thought we played really well for the first 20 mins as we closed you down and stopped you playing but then we sort of fell into our pattern of keeping the ball but not doing anything with it. We never really troubled you and, if I'm being honest, you were there for the taking. There wasn't any players that stood out in that game for either side. Giourd looked good without being amazing, but I thought Gabriel looked a bit dodgy. Not the greatest of games although I think you probably deserved it in terms of looking a bit more threatening than us. Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season!

You did look dangerous and and we did look very passive in the first half. I think the issue you have really comes down to you guys really lacking a playmaker and conductor to make quick decisions with passes in the middle of the park.

players like Barkey who is still young but doesn't make decisions quickly enough, partly a confidence issue, partly an issue where the guy has been playing first team football for 2 years now and needs to keep improving and not rely on his honyemoon seasons from before.

Mirallas, Naismith are like Hazard, attackers, primarily from out wide who have good dribbling skills and are good at running at people but aren't playmakers. If you had one today you would of caused us serious problems.

I think we have been missing a playmaker for a long while, possibly since we sold Arteta. Well, we'll have to concentrate on the next game now. I'll do a bit of moaning on our forum. :BangHead: :-P

He played out wide mostly for us, which I thought was frustrating as he was more influential central. The times he did play centrally, he was pretty good at getting forward and trying to make things happen and I thought he'd suit you guys more than us because you have better movement so he'd have better passing options therefore creating more chances.
I'll be honest, I haven't seen him play much lately so forgive me if my assessment isn't that great but from what I've seen he plays in a deep-lying playmaker role but doesn't really get forward much and seems to play the simple passes, which just recycles possession and nothing more. This season I'd forgotten he even played football much less played for you guys.

Arteta was great for us. His legs are gone now but him along with van Persie are the reasons we're still a Champions League club
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby LEF » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:13 pm

Walcott14 wrote:
addict wrote:
Tarquinius wrote:

Özil is a big name player and one the most known players in the world(more than Cesc). Any big team in the world buy him for more than we bought him for, but we don't need to sale him(Cazorla and Rosicky are not getting any younger). Him and Wilshere can be our main attacking ams soon. Özil and Cesc in the middel would been insane though too.

What's happened with him? I thought he was a cracking player before you bought him -- although I thought you needed to buy a defensive midfielder -- but he's done absolutely nothing for you. He should be a star player in the Prem but (no disrespect) he's not really mentioned in the same breath as Hazard, Nasri, Cesc, Corzola, etc. in terms of influencing the game.
LEF
Patrick Vieira

Postby Cripps » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:13 pm

LEF wrote:
Cripps wrote:
LEF wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

I remember watching him for everton and he looked quality. Creative player who could pick a pass and had great set pieces all of which disappeared as soon as he joined us.

Yup you're right about his role with us. Pointless passing and a big reason why we are where we are and not gone further and challenged. Master of the sideways passes and pretty much pointless in every game he played in bar a few. So much so, I actually did think the spanish word for pointless was Arteta at one point.

Hopefully he's done and dusted for us and he's gone in the summer.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Danskin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:52 pm

:hail:
Danskin
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:04 pm

Danskin wrote:

:hail:

f***ing vine and not being able to show the shot after that goat chasing down.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15