01/03/15 | Arsenal 2-0 Everton | Premier League

Re: 01/03/15 | Arsenal 2-0 Everton | Premier League

Postby Danskin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:56 pm

John Ozil wrote:
Danskin wrote:I think that if we had won that game we'd have been 8 points ahead of 2nd place. We hadn't conceded a goal for a while before that game as well.

That was the game before the 6-3 one,right?

Before Napoli and City, yeah. 2 losses.
Danskin
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LEF » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:57 pm

I thought we played really well for the first 20 mins as we closed you down and stopped you playing but then we sort of fell into our pattern of keeping the ball but not doing anything with it. We never really troubled you and, if I'm being honest, you were there for the taking. There wasn't any players that stood out in that game for either side. Giourd looked good without being amazing, but I thought Gabriel looked a bit dodgy. Not the greatest of games although I think you probably deserved it in terms of looking a bit more threatening than us. Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season!
LEF
Patrick Vieira

Postby elkanofan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:16 pm

LEF wrote:I thought we played really well for the first 20 mins as we closed you down and stopped you playing but then we sort of fell into our pattern of keeping the ball but not doing anything with it. We never really troubled you and, if I'm being honest, you were there for the taking. There wasn't any players that stood out in that game for either side. Giourd looked good without being amazing, but I thought Gabriel looked a bit dodgy. Not the greatest of games although I think you probably deserved it in terms of looking a bit more threatening than us. Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season!

Yes, a little biased but fair assessment man :) .

You did look dangerous and and we did look very passive in the first half. I think the issue you have really comes down to you guys really lacking a playmaker and conductor to make quick decisions with passes in the middle of the park.

players like Barkey who is still young but doesn't make decisions quickly enough, partly a confidence issue, partly an issue where the guy has been playing first team football for 2 years now and needs to keep improving and not rely on his honyemoon seasons from before.

Mirallas, Naismith are like Hazard, attackers, primarily from out wide who have good dribbling skills and are good at running at people but aren't playmakers. If you had one today you would of caused us serious problems.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Good win.

Full report later.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby LEF » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:31 pm

elkanofan wrote:
LEF wrote:I thought we played really well for the first 20 mins as we closed you down and stopped you playing but then we sort of fell into our pattern of keeping the ball but not doing anything with it. We never really troubled you and, if I'm being honest, you were there for the taking. There wasn't any players that stood out in that game for either side. Giourd looked good without being amazing, but I thought Gabriel looked a bit dodgy. Not the greatest of games although I think you probably deserved it in terms of looking a bit more threatening than us. Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season!

You did look dangerous and and we did look very passive in the first half. I think the issue you have really comes down to you guys really lacking a playmaker and conductor to make quick decisions with passes in the middle of the park.

players like Barkey who is still young but doesn't make decisions quickly enough, partly a confidence issue, partly an issue where the guy has been playing first team football for 2 years now and needs to keep improving and not rely on his honyemoon seasons from before.

Mirallas, Naismith are like Hazard, attackers, primarily from out wide who have good dribbling skills and are good at running at people but aren't playmakers. If you had one today you would of caused us serious problems.

I think we have been missing a playmaker for a long while, possibly since we sold Arteta. Well, we'll have to concentrate on the next game now. I'll do a bit of moaning on our forum. :BangHead: :-P
LEF
Patrick Vieira

Postby Tarquinius » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:36 pm

LEF wrote:I think we have been missing a playmaker for a long while, possibly since we sold Arteta.

You can have him back free of charge :gift:
Tarquinius
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cripps » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:42 pm

LEF wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

I think we have been missing a playmaker for a long while, possibly since we sold Arteta. Well, we'll have to concentrate on the next game now. I'll do a bit of moaning on our forum. :BangHead: :-P

I've been meaning to ask.

Was Arteta ever as bad for you as he has been for us?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:45 pm

LEF wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

That should be your priority for next season along with possibly another center back or two and a new defensive midfielder.

Two midfielders, both creative but one deep lying and one attacking,

Two defenders then you will see a much better 2015/16
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Bionic Mosquito » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:52 pm

Just watched the game on catchup, and yes I managed to avoid the result. Thought Ospina had his best game for us. Belerin just continues to grow and is becoming an important player for us, great going forward and at the back, really like him. Giroud had a good game, and I dont just mean the goal, he defended very well, as did Alexis so I'm not going to panic about his goal drought. Gabriel? Well he had a very mixed bag, some appalling defending and some really great defending, he will settle and bench Per permanently.

Most important thing today was 3 pts, a clean sheet is a very welcome bonus. I'm Happy! :)
Bionic Mosquito
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cornish Gooner » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:12 pm

Just remembered that we were playing today. Glad we got a result against a team that is not playing well..

Too engrossed in watching a pulsating 5 Nations game in which Ireland beat England 19-9 in Dublin.

When the experts were talking about pre-match preparation for this crunch game prior to the match, Wenger was mentioned several times as an example, about the preparation against Monaco, something that was certainly not missing on Irelands part, and also England who gave it a good go.

So why is it that rugby players from the highest levels can be motivated to perform to their potential, giving their all. and yet football players, including Arsenal, sometimes don't turn up, mentally and physically?

How much is down to the manager in the dressing room, to motivate the players to get a result?
Is it down to the manager, to know how to alter things, when the game is not going to plan, or how to close a game out when in the driving seat?

I think that Wenger is no longer capable of any of the above, as it proved against Monaco.
Cornish Gooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Re: 01/03/15 | Arsenal vs Everton | Premier League

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:23 pm

TOP wrote:
starmandb wrote:
TOP wrote:They even sing his song for missing a sitter

unbelievable

It's called getting behind your players

Only Cazorla and Giroud seem to get that courtesy

Ospinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
His got his own song his got his own song Laurent koscielny his got his own song
We,be got a big fuckin german
Super super tom super tom rosicky
Super super jack super Jacky's wilshere
We got mesut ozil
Theo theo theo
Der der der der der der der der Aaron ramsey
He came to us from sunny spain sanchez sanchez
He hates the scum from down the lane sanchez sanchez
He chose to come to London Town he turned the f***ing scouters down
Alexis sanchez number 17
Nacho nacho man
Wake me up yaya sanogo hope your better than that c*** from Togo
Diaby woho diaby who oh ho ho
We bought him from auxere
He's every f***ing where

He knocked john terry out
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:49 pm

ESFSAFC wrote:Was surprised to see Naismith didn't start, he loves playing against us.

I think giroud 4 goals
Rosicky 3 goals
And ozil 2 goals 3 assist love playing against everton
starmandb

Postby Fenice » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:57 pm

I really liked Gabriel. Sure he wasn't perfect but there is a huge amount of promise. Some nice clearances and tackles. So far very happy with his signing.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:01 pm

starmandb wrote:
TOP wrote:
starmandb wrote:
TOP wrote:They even sing his song for missing a sitter

unbelievable

It's called getting behind your players

Only Cazorla and Giroud seem to get that courtesy

Ospinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
His got his own song his got his own song Laurent koscielny his got his own song
We,be got a big fuckin german
Super super tom super tom rosicky
Super super jack super Jacky's wilshere
We got mesut ozil
Theo theo theo
Der der der der der der der der Aaron ramsey
He came to us from sunny spain sanchez sanchez
He hates the scum from down the lane sanchez sanchez
He chose to come to London Town he turned the f***ing scouters down
Alexis sanchez number 17
Nacho nacho man
Wake me up yaya sanogo hope your better than that **** from Togo
Diaby woho diaby who oh ho ho
We bought him from auxere
He's every f***ing where

He knocked john terry out

Top post
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:15 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:
Sims wrote:We have the worst set of fans in the World imo

Just people on forums who've never been to a match. Every team has them.

Not trying to piss anyone off here btw!

Well said mate and I'm sure it's some
We have fantastic fans
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15