15/02/15 | Arsenal 2-0 Middlesbrough | The FA Cup

Re: 15/02/15 | Arsenal 2-0 Middlesbrough | The FA Cup

Postby Cripps » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:20 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Cripps wrote:Yeah my cousin who went to the game with the season ticket as I was at work said the 2nd half was absolute shite.

Anyway I see motd clashes with the cricket highlights so Arsenal takes a back seat

Indian or Pakistani? they are the only people I know who care that much about Cricket.

Indian.

Only ever really watch the World Cup with interest.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby boro4life » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:27 am

Firstly well done to aresnal they did their homework on boro unlike city n liverpool did and outplayed us on the day hope u beat man u in the next round rooney dived to knock the wind out of Preston n win the game cheats. On boro we were outclassed, but did think we had an off day on a different day our passing would of being better and im pretty sure next time boro will get right in the faces of aresnal and dont give them that much respect again. I also though when we did have the ball we made bad choices which cost us. The one huge postive ill take from that game is we of quite easily after the first half gave up but we did not we were determined not to let arsenal embarrass us so in effect our quality was poor but those lads put in a great shift. I was hopeful in the second half of just one goal for boro i think we deserved it not for our quality but we never gave up n kike went close near the death to getting one every boro fan i know would of desperately wanted that to go in even if meant we lost 2-1 just for something to cheer. Also big shout to the boro fans sang their hearts out n did not stop throughout the game great support considering the game.
boro4life
Liam Brady

Postby Sims » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:37 pm

I think we were always in second gear in fairness. Once we got the second we dropped off massively, and that was more of us knowing the game was finished rather than Boro being much competition.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Big17 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Sims wrote:I think we were always in second gear in fairness. Once we got the second we dropped off massively, and that was more of us knowing the game was finished rather than Boro being much competition.

We've done that far too ofter though which is worrying at times. I know we were comfortable Sunday but there's been times this season with taken a two goal lead and become very sloppy and then conceded which causes panic in the last 20 or so. I wish we'd get out of second and go for it like we did vs Villa instead of playing dangerously on a two goal lead.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby boro4life » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:59 am

Sims wrote:I think we were always in second gear in fairness. Once we got the second we dropped off massively, and that was more of us knowing the game was finished rather than Boro being much competition.

True tbh if boro had produced a similar sort of performance that we did against liverpool or city ud of had to work alot harder for it. We just did not perform, but boro endavour was fantastic they put alot into that deserved the applause at the end cant beat everyone. See u in the premiership next year for round 2 n 3 karanka is smart hed of learnt from that defeat.
boro4life
Liam Brady

Postby sweggeh » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:06 am

boro4life wrote:

True tbh if boro had produced a similar sort of performance that we did against liverpool or city ud of had to work alot harder for it. We just did not perform, but boro endavour was fantastic they put alot into that deserved the applause at the end cant beat everyone. See u in the premiership next year for round 2 n 3 karanka is smart hed of learnt from that defeat.

Good luck with the rest of your season bro.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yago » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:24 pm

hey borodude, I was thinking about putting a bet on you tonight. Thoughts? Are Birmingham as shitty as the results make them look?
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Re: 15/02/15 | Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | The FA Cup

Postby matchdrama » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:48 pm

jules_w wrote:
Cripps wrote:I can see a CB pairing of chambers and paulista in this. No idea who plays for Middlesbrough but they start favourites

Don't think they will pair , he might start Paulista for Mert or Kos and Chambers at RB is what I'm thinking..

True
matchdrama
Liam Brady

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15