The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Soooo Ozil's back

Postby Yago » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Callum wrote:I actually felt my dick move a little when he came on.

sure that wasnt ur mom m8?
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Trequartista » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Yago wrote:
Callum wrote:I actually felt my dick move a little when he came on.

sure that wasnt ur mom m8?

Shots fired

RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:54 pm

If it takes 4-1-4-1 to have Ozil in the middle with the undroppable Cazorla then so feckin be it!

I think where we went wrong last time was trying to build 4-1-4-1 around Ramsey - Wilshere.

I'm not a fan of the formation but you put your best players in there best positions, results will follow.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:41 pm

Best player in the league
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Captain » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:51 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Raid wrote:
Arsenio Wenger wrote:Santi has a few good games and suddenly he shouldn't come out for Ozil. Let Ozil play with both Sanchez and Theo.

This so much, Cazorla has been average for over a season and a half, now his game has raised slightly people think Ozil shouldn't get his spot back. :rofll:

Cazorla has been one of our best players recently and should not be dropped because our 42 million man is back. It sends a bad message. Players who work hard should be rewarded for that and by doing this both players should want to improve their game to get/keep a spot in the starting eleven

I don't disagree that Cazorla has been great recently but it took him over a season to get there. He was given countless opportunities to play himself into form. Ozil at least deserves a fair crack to see how he preforms surrounded by direct wide players while playing in the centre.
Captain
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Yago » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:55 pm

Raid wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Raid wrote:
Arsenio Wenger wrote:Santi has a few good games and suddenly he shouldn't come out for Ozil. Let Ozil play with both Sanchez and Theo.

This so much, Cazorla has been average for over a season and a half, now his game has raised slightly people think Ozil shouldn't get his spot back. :rofll:

Cazorla has been one of our best players recently and should not be dropped because our 42 million man is back. It sends a bad message. Players who work hard should be rewarded for that and by doing this both players should want to improve their game to get/keep a spot in the starting eleven

I don't disagree that Cazorla has been great recently but it took him over a season to get there. He was given countless opportunities to play himself into form. Ozil at least deserves a fair crack to see how he preforms surrounded by direct wide players while playing in the centre.

And he will, but let's not just throw Cazorla out to give him his spot. Cazorla's on form and it's not like Ozil was carrying our team. Ozil will get the spot if/when he deserves it.
Yago

Postby Danskin » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:01 pm

You can say he hit the gym.
Danskin
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ESFSAFC » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:14 pm

Danskin wrote:Image

Would be interested in seeing a similar before/after of Walcott. Definitely looks like he has been doing some bulking up.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby AFC10 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:58 pm

Danskin wrote:Image

Definitely been at it. You could tell as soon as he come on. I thought he looked taller aswell lol
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenio Wenger » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:59 pm

Ozil is 6'2 210 now
Arsenio Wenger
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:22 am

DiamondGooner wrote:If it takes 4-1-4-1 to have Ozil in the middle with the undroppable Cazorla then so feckin be it!

I think where we went wrong last time was trying to build 4-1-4-1 around Ramsey - Wilshere.

I'm not a fan of the formation but you put your best players in there best positions, results will follow.

At this rate, Ramsey shouldn't be starting let alone Wilshere. We're doing perfectly fine with Rosicky and Cazorla. The big test is next week and we'll see how they do in a big game.

Ring wing is an open option for me since Theo's not fully fit yet. Ozil could play our next game there as Chambo's average.

And Ozil-Santi in a CM pairing won't work. Rosicky's drive has been pushing us forward and he's so agile, he falls right bedside Le Coq when we have to defend. Santi or Ozil wouldn't do that.

Against City, I wouldn't mind if we went:

--------------- Le Coq
Ozil - Rosicky - Santi - Sanchez
---------------- Giroud
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:06 pm

I'd go with Angelito's line up, providing Ozil starts to try a leg when he loses the ball and that he stops slowing the game down when he receives it.

Watch his performance against Stoke seriously!

any pace we had when moving the ball round died with Ozil - the Monreal flick aside.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mitchf » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:08 pm

Surprised Ozil didn't bulk up sooner. We don't need his speed and realistically he's never used it to his advantage anyways.
mitchf
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:49 am

greengoonerie wrote:I'd go with Angelito's line up, providing Ozil starts to try a leg when he loses the ball and that he stops slowing the game down when he receives it.

Watch his performance against Stoke seriously!

any pace we had when moving the ball round died with Ozil - the Monreal flick aside.

i dont see it
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club