The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:30 pm

lexalove wrote:I wanna see 'Money' Mayweather kick Pacquiao's arse. Don't like drug cheats (and if you're not cheating then why not agree to the testing). Unfortunately I can't see it ever happening now and to be honest both of them are probably not the fighters they were 4 years ago. At their peak I still believe Mayweather Jr. would come out on top.

As far as I understood it all was that Mayweather wanted the drugs test 24 hours before the fight and Pacman didn't agree due to his size as it would drain him. I'm sure I read he would agree to it after the fight.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby lexalove » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
lexalove wrote:I wanna see 'Money' Mayweather kick Pacquiao's arse. Don't like drug cheats (and if you're not cheating then why not agree to the testing). Unfortunately I can't see it ever happening now and to be honest both of them are probably not the fighters they were 4 years ago. At their peak I still believe Mayweather Jr. would come out on top.

As far as I understood it all was that Mayweather wanted the drugs test 24 hours before the fight and Pacman didn't agree due to his size as it would drain him. I'm sure I read he would agree to it after the fight.

Two vials of blood would drain him! loool I tell you that geezer comes up with some excuses. If both fighters are weakened by the testing (whatever) then it's still an equal fight so where's the problem?
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:37 pm

From wiki...

First negotiations:
Mayweather's camp wanted random drug tests up til 14 days before the fight, Manny wanted 24 days.

Second negotions:
Manny agreed to testing up til 14 days before the fight (Mayweather had just fought Mosely in a fight that had an 18 days cut-off point from testing).

Mayweahter's camp then said that the 2nd round of negotiations didn't actually take place.

Looks dodgy from both sides, but Mayweather imo has gone out the way more to give excuses. Aside from not being prepared to offer Manny a 50-50 split on the contracts, he's also bitched-out publicly in interviews with comments like "why should I fight? I'm the best, I'm undefeated, he's been beaten before"........ even when Manny was pound for pound champ in everyone's eyes.

He knew full well that it would have been the best and biggest fight of this era. They've both toyed with supposedly world class boxers, and made them look average. Although Manny's somehow managed to toy (for 12 straight rounds) with the likes of Cotto, Margarito and De La Hoya. Mayweather knows this fight would gross more than any other in history, he knows it's the best possible match up in a sport that's dying... he could make it happen anytime he wants, so the "I'm undefeated, and he's not" excuse is bullshit.

He's been questioned over the 2nd round of negotiations and flopped! The man's afraid! He wants to retire undefeated.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:00 pm

lexalove wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

Two vials of blood would drain him! loool I tell you that geezer comes up with some excuses. If both fighters are weakened by the testing (whatever) then it's still an equal fight so where's the problem?

Pacman is smaller and a flyweight who has thrown his weight up. It would clearly affect him more. What's wrong with doing it after the fight?

I'm not even on Pacmans side about it by the way. I think they're both full of shit and lost interest in the fight happening ages ago.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Lol Audleys come back. KO'd with the first punch of the fight (which was about 50 seconds in).
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Youngie » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Kyle? » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Lol Audleys come back. KO'd with the first punch of the fight (which was about 50 seconds in).

Why doesn't he just retire, and stay retired?
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Sims » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:23 pm

Khan is an amateur boxer, it's shocking how bad his defence is.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Youngie » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:50 pm

Sims wrote:Khan is an amateur boxer, it's shocking how bad his defence is.

He was very very lucky to win on points. He got knocked down in the 4th and was getting smashed in the last two rounds. He just grabs on the pussy. I know he won but he got found out imho.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:40 am

Can't believe he didn't get warned once for holding on. He could if been finished about 4 times.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Youngie » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:20 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Can't believe he didn't get warned once for holding on. He could if been finished about 4 times.

Home town referee i suppose.

He got found out i'd love to see him go back up against Garcia just to get smashed. Kahn is one of the most overrated boxers going imho.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:31 am

Fury beat chisora in round 10.

Apparently it was a shite fight and fans left in their thousands before the end.

Thank god I didn't go.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:35 am

Was a bit crap but professional by Fury. Didn't get carried away which surprised me.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:53 am

Fury/Chisora was honestly the worst fight I've ever had the misfortune of watching. An absolute farce - I can't believe this fat journeyman Tyson has the audacity to say he would've beaten Ali and Joe Louis.

Billy Joe Saunders outclassed Eubanks Jr. in the only decent fight of the evening, ecstatic with that result.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:49 pm

I hope Khan gets sparked out.

Wearing shorts that cost 30k and telling fans to "demand" a fight between him and Mayweather. :rolleyes:

Glass chinned cu*t.

Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing